Lake County Sheriff Dies The County That Trenton Duckett is missing from.

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by CW, Oct 16, 2006.

1. CW

CW Former Member

Lake County's Sheriff Chris Daniels died Saturday night during an accident at a charity event in Volusia County.

Sheriff Chris DanielsSheriff Chris Daniels was killed at the New Smyrna Speedway Saturday night during the 5th annual Battle of the Badges event.

In the event, top law enforcement officers from Central Florida race school buses to raise money for the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches, hosted by Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson.

Daniels was celebrating his 47th birthday and competing with other area sheriffs in the event
    http://www.cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=19418

2. Loading...

3. englishleigh

englishleigh Authentic Southern Belle

Oh, MY....this is awful. That poor man and his poor family. :(

4. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Terrible news and on his birthday...very sad for his family.

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

This is sad news indeed :( .. Prayers for this man's family and loved ones

6. montana_16

montana_16 Active Member

How awful. It says he was just remarried in July and leaves 3 children and a stepdaughter. It also says he was a very compassionate sheriff.

7. Sheromom

Sheromom New Member

Very sad indeed; BUT I can't help but feel that it was an incredibly STUPID event to start with and am surprised a Sherrif's Department would be participating in such a dangerous event to start with. Aren't they well aware of the dangers of racing?!!! Don't they see enough accidents without setting up events likely to cause more? Shame on the school district as well!

8. julianne

julianne Former Member

Sheromom....I thought the exact same thing! It was and IS an incredibly stupid event!!! A reporter got injured in the same event just last year, and they STILL think it's a good idea to put this thing on??? Honestly, for the life of me, I cannot even fathom LE or rescue personnel in my state staging and participating in such a ridiculous production! What were they thinking!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!