Lamar Odom fighting for life after overdosing at brothel

I don't know that there is a way to say this in a polite manner. From the time Lamar's OD was reported until just recently, Khloe has been at his bedside telling how in love they were and she was with him as long as he stayed off drugs. Heaven forbid, don't ask for the link. If you've been following along, you have read it too. ;).

With the bolded text above describing the true nature of his condition, what happened to Khloe? Did she realize that Lamar had really done a number on himself and never would be the same? Or, was Khloe playing the Kardashian game to get attention? And, should he die, as his wife, no will, she would get part of his money?

And to think I fell for her act - that she really cared for Lamar! :gaah:

We are not behind closed doors, so we have no idea really what the reality of their relationship is, certainly not enough to be so judgmental about it.

Secondly, Khloe Kardashian has far more money than Lamar Odom. She doesn't need to manipulate him for a share of his estate, which is probably not very large. If anyone benefits financially from a divorce or death, it's probably Lamar, since CA is a community property state.

Must be a miracle.
Full fuctioning kidneys after renal failure and dialysis is not the norm. IMO.
I know some fuction may return, but, full function?? Doesn't sound right.

Would love to hear our medical peeps take on this. TIA.

Nowhere in that article does it state that his kidneys have returned to "full function".

IMO the whole reason for K & L putting the divorce on hold was because of LO still being on the K insurance. I'd would have done the same thing for my estranged ex because I feel it would be heartless not to do so.

As far as LO's miraculous recovery, I'll wait for official word from doctors, LO or KO before I pass judgement. Yes it sounds like LO is on the road to recovery but he probably still has a long way to go. Both my grandmother and brother suffered strokes and neither were ever the same. Dear brother lost vision on the right side of both eyes and could no longer drive or read, etc and had to file for disability. Granny's speech was impaired beyond muttering a word or two and her ability to walk was compromised because it affected her balance.

We shall see as time passes but I am happy he is making progress. I just hope that the hospital is able to keep the shady 'friends' away now that he's out of ICU. I'd hate to see him relapse into the addiction spiral because he may not be so lucky if he ODs again.

If he no longer needs dialysis or a transplant, IMO, his kidneys are functioning.

Yes, it seems he has some level of functioning if he is no longer on dialysis. They may be functioning at an optimal level, or they may be very sub optimal. A patient can have serious kidney damage yet not require dialysis. Kidneys can also recover from insult, especially in young people.

My stepdad (77 y/o) went into kidney failure that came very close to requiring dialysis after a course of some nephro toxic antibiotics. Fortunately, he was able to avoid it, and his kidneys have recovered almost to normal. His lab values still show damage, but they are functioning at least at a level which enables him to carry on without dialysis. That was a worrisome period. He had been so healthy prior to this, and things started to go bad quickly. We're so thankful he has recovered.

Yes, it seems he has some level of functioning if he is no longer on dialysis. They may be functioning at an optimal level, or they may be very sub optimal. A patient can have serious kidney damage yet not require dialysis. Kidneys can also recover from insult, especially in young people.

My stepdad (77 y/o) went into kidney failure that came very close to requiring dialysis after a course of some nephro toxic antibiotics. Fortunately, he was able to avoid it, and his kidneys have recovered almost to normal. His lab values still show damage, but they are functioning at least at a level which enables him to carry on without dialysis. That was a worrisome period. He had been so healthy prior to this, and things started to go bad quickly. We're so thankful he has recovered.

Thank you.
My FIL suffered renal failure. Lived with dialysis for 3 years and then received a kidney, which, prolonged his lfe for twenty years.

LO is a very lucky man. Truly a miracle.

There are concerns because Lamar has been asking for copious amounts of pain medication, including Oxycontin." "It's a dilemma for the doctors because the pain has to be treated,” the source goes on to say. “But with Lamar’s history of substance abuse, they are trying to give him other pain medications that aren’t as powerful. However, Lamar complains that it’s not strong enough."

Khloe was “disgusted that Lamar has continued to ask for strong pain meds. Khloe hasn’t been at the hospital this week. She is keeping her distance, but checks in with Lamar’s doctors." She is reportedly disappointed that Odom even summoned his drug dealer to the hospital, and has refused to visit her husband since.

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/post...-heavy-pain-medication-as-he-leaves-icu-75941

Kris promises Khloé a raise if she discusses Lamar Odom's health crisis on 'KUWTK'. The KUWTK crew initially followed Khloé to Lamar's bedside in Las Vegas, but Khloe is having second thoughts about airing his dirty laundry.

"Kim is mad that Khloé’s storyline is going to be so prominent on the show," the source claims. "She wants the birth of her son to be the centerpiece and not Lamar’s overdose."

Kim’s also jealous of Khloé getting more money," the source reveals. "She’s very competitive with all of her sisters and she likes being the one who gets paid the most."

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/post...ar-odom-s-health-crisis-on-kuwtk-report-76104

Kris promises Khloé a raise if she discusses Lamar Odom's health crisis on 'KUWTK'. The KUWTK crew initially followed Khloé to Lamar's bedside in Las Vegas, but Khloe is having second thoughts about airing his dirty laundry.

"Kim is mad that Khloé’s storyline is going to be so prominent on the show," the source claims. "She wants the birth of her son to be the centerpiece and not Lamar’s overdose."

Kim’s also jealous of Khloé getting more money," the source reveals. "She’s very competitive with all of her sisters and she likes being the one who gets paid the most."

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/post...ar-odom-s-health-crisis-on-kuwtk-report-76104

I'm not surprised by this. The show revolved around Kim in the beginning per the opening credits (My daughter watched when she lived with us back in the day and I would see bits and pieces) and Kim really seems like a DIVA.

Then there's this....

However, in the recent report by Us Weekly, members of Odom's family were allegedly forced by Khloe to sign confidentiality waivers before being allowed to see the former basketball great when visiting him in Las Vegas.
Odom's cousin Sherae Clark-Williams posted on Facebook on October 16: 'I'm supposed to sign a waiver not to talk about North West, a child I have no interest in What so ever.' The date coincides with Odom's hospitalization in Nevada following his weekend bender - he was rushed to hospital on October 13 when he was found unconscious at a brothel.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...NBA-star-recovers-hospital.html#ixzz3qYatFbqN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sounds like the shizzle is hitting the fizzle between the K & O families. But that confidentiality agreement about North West sounds like a Kanye/Kim move to me. Why would a 2 year old even be at a hospital? I think maybe LO is still contracturally obligated to the show if he is still in the storyline.

I don't know these people but I feel bad for Khloe as it seems she has a good head on her shoulders but she's d@mned either way. Addicts won't get clean or accept help if they aren't ready and they will push away anyone who tries to help them. Khloe needs to walk away and never look back, and LO needs to be released from any contractural obligations and written out of the show altogether if that is his wish. LO is wealthy in his own right and doesn't need the KUWTK insurance. LO's family can have a power of atty drawn up to make both medical and financial decisions for him or file for conservatorship until he recovers.

My opinion.

Happy Birthday to Lamar!

Lamar Odom is getting better ‘slowly but surely’, according to reports.
However the former NBA star apparently still has a long way to go until he fully recovers.
A source told Us Weekly that Odom, who turns 36 on Friday, may be moved to a rehab facility as early as next week, but adds that this ‘is not definite yet’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ce-moved-rehab-centre-week.html#ixzz3qi4QIiB6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Active drug addicts who are hospitalized for any kind of an emergency are always a problem to deal with for the medical staff. If they are already opioid tolerant - which it sounds like Lamar was if he's asking for Oxycodone - then medicating them for pain becomes problematic. Because the gargantuan dosages needed to effectively relieve pain in these patients are dangerous.

But the last thing any medical professional wants is a patient who is in pain and/or in withdrawal. It is a tough tight walk for the treating physicians to navigate. I would imagine there is an addictionologist involved in his health care team.

We don't know what all is damaged inside Lamar. The kidney's shutting down is an indication of multiple organ failure beginning. He was found and he was hospitalized, and I am sure they are doing and will do everything they can for him.

The type of "physical therapy" Lamar would be having at this point could be a simple as a therapist performing passive exercises on his limbs so the joints do not get frozen. It said he is walking with assistance. That is good. Just getting him upright is good.

Addicts seeking their drug of choice to take away their pain is what they are used to doing. Lamar is not really in a position to "learn new coping skills" for any psychic pain he may have, and I have no idea what, if any, painful physical injuries he has sustained.

This whole thing is NOT a pretty picture for anyone involved. Heck, even the prostitutes are apparently unhappy - because they never got paid! And sorry to say it, but while Lamar will surely get the utmost of professional care, does anyone think a druggie who overdosed is anybody's "favorite patient"? There are plenty, plenty of hospitalized patients who are innocent, upstanding people who have a horrible illness or were in a horrible accident. There are young people who don't deserve to die who have terminal cancers.

And then there are the drug overdoses and the attempted suicides.

It still bothers me that no one acts like he's a person that had accomplishments short of marrying into the Kardashian family. Heck, Kris would make me want to down a bottle of pain killers and a fifth of vodka....

It still bothers me that no one acts like he's a person that had accomplishments short of marrying into the Kardashian family. Heck, Kris would make me want to down a bottle of pain killers and a fifth of vodka....

LOL, you and me both tezi! Lamar was a very gifted basketball player and won awards for his performances. He had so much going for him. But his drugs issues have been rumored for years. He really seemed to go downhill when he was dropped from the Lakers and they moved to TX.

IIRC, I read he only attended one year of college before being drafted into the NBA. That's alot of $$$ and publicity and pressure for a young man, just a kid really. And his tragic childhood with a heroin addicted father and his mother dying when he was 12(?) most likely contributed to his demons. Sad story all around.

I do commend Khloe for trying to do right by him and not giving out TMI about his recovery. However, if I hear his tragic OD and recovery are storylines on the next season of KUWTK, I will hit the ceiling and never defend her again. (I don't watch that show but used to watch Khloe and Lamar occasionally when my daughter lived with us.)

LOL, you and me both tezi! Lamar was a very gifted basketball player and won awards for his performances. He had so much going for him. But his drugs issues have been rumored for years. He really seemed to go downhill when he was dropped from the Lakers and they moved to TX.

IIRC, I read he only attended one year of college before being drafted into the NBA. That's alot of $$$ and publicity and pressure for a young man, just a kid really. And his tragic childhood with a heroin addicted father and his mother dying when he was 12(?) most likely contributed to his demons. Sad story all around.

I do commend Khloe for trying to do right by him and not giving out TMI about his recovery. However, if I hear his tragic OD and recovery are storylines on the next season of KUWTK, I will hit the ceiling and never defend her again. (I don't watch that show but used to watch Khloe and Lamar occasionally when my daughter lived with us.)

I admit out of all of the Kardashians, the one I would like to know is Khloe, she seems like she is the most down to earth. Her mother though, OMG! I don't drink, but I would be taking it up, POST HASTE, if I had to deal with her. Along with having a few drug dealers on speed dial. She is toxic.

I really wish Lamar well. I hope he can come back from this. He just seems like a really nice person, with so much to deal with, including the MIL from Hades (although at this point, my DIL would tell you I am the anti-Christ), the wacky FIL, and the self-absorbed SIL, that would make anyone want to escape.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back