Largest human tooth on record pulled from 4th grader

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Canadian Boy has worlds largest human tooth
hlp.gif

Mark Henry is only nine years old, but he's already a bit long in the tooth — literally. The Grade 4 student from Francis Lake, Ont., has made it into the book of Guinness World Records with the largest human tooth: a whopper of an incisor 2.28 centimetres long and 1.2 centimetres wide

A local orthodontist who examined the boy's top right front tooth — known in dental terms as the natural maxillary central incisor — simply called it "the monster." The tooth needed to be removed because it was preventing the tooth beside it from growing properly.

"It was really big, so they decided to pull it out," Mark said. "It was bleeding like crazy, and I had to eat soft food and drink water or milk."

Owen Sound dentist Dr. Gabriela Gandila, who extracted what she called "the horse tooth," suggested to the boy's family that they contact Guinness to have the record documented.

"It's good that they did it," Gandila said. "If he suffered the extraction, at least he has the reward to be in the book."

"It wasn't easy for him, and he did very well when we took the tooth out."

Gandila said the size of the tooth would be "remarkable" for a person of any age, let alone a young boy. Mark's other teeth are of normal size, and no one can explain why the record-setting incisor grew so large.

"It just happened," Gandila laughed. "It's just a big, huge tooth — that's it."

The boy's mother, Mary Henry, called it "a freak of nature."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051007.wtooth1007/BNStory/Front/

Obviously they never saw my male cats two canine teeth, which hung down below his jaw, before we had to have them pulled!

He'd lay his chin on my chest when we'd watch TV, and I'd have these two indentions where his teeth would dig in.

He looked like he should have been the family cat on the Flintstone's!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back