VA LASKER, Dennis J. - Doe Net 1301DMVA

Discussion in 'Sand Canyon John Doe' started by bessie, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]
    Dennis Lasker
    Age in 1992, 38

Doe Network 1301DMVA

Missing since 1985 from Virginia.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: July 1954
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; weight unknown.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    Dentals: Dennis has perfectly straight teeth due to wearing braces.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Dennis Lasker was a model and Executive Producer of the 1984 film "The Ice Pirates". He has not been seen by his family since late 1985.
    On an unspecified date in 1986, his wallet and identification were found in a Dumpster in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1301dmva.html

2. Loading...

3. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

4. RickshawFan

RickshawFan Well-Known Member

For some reason, I'm betting LGBT assault on this one.

5. RickshawFan

http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestig...68-Dennis-John-Lasker-need-help-with-this-one
    This one has a few details about Lasker's CV that might otherwise be difficult to find. The interesting one is "technical advisor (future)" in 1989, which would be after this MP went missing. I'm thinking this was for a movie that would be called Millenium. Dennis read a story for the writer involved: https://books.google.com/books?id=d...Q6AEISzAL#v=onepage&q="dennis lasker"&f=false

6. RickshawFan

7. RickshawFan

Dennis Lasker on DoeNetwork is listed as having completely straight teeth. It would be likely he could be eliminated with dentals even without more specific information?

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. If all the changes are things that could have happened after he and his perfect teeth disappeared, it wouldn't rule him in or out.

I asked a relative who works in entertainment about the notation for the movie Millenium (future) and was told that means he was scheduled to work on it but production hadn't begun yet so there wasn't anything for him to do. Hollywood production cycles are very long and it isn't unusual for good people to be booked years in advance.

9. RickshawFan

Yes, that scenario seems likely. He also seems a lot more involved in movies than in modeling at this point in his career.

He could also have had some work in Vancouver BC where his wallet was found. Vancouver, IIRC, has a thriving movie industry.

It had occurred to me that our UID on purpose removed his own teeth so as to prevent dental ID. In that case, with reference to this MP, there might only be a few "perfect" teeth left.

Apart from that, I'm guessing LE is making dental ID's on our UID, in all instances, from a mouth bone shape and not just teeth, since there are several/many missing.

10. robert j hornbeck

robert j hornbeck New Member

I am Dennis Lasker's step brother and we were very close. I was closer to him in 1980 than any other of his relatives. I had given up looking for him but recently saw his picture and interest rekindled. If more info is discovered I will be watching.

Aescwynn and Al Ka like this.
  11. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to Websleuths.

Can you tell us any more about your stepbrother that might help us find him?

Did you look at the rest of the threads in this forum to see if you think he might be the decedent?

Glad to have you here and I hope we can help you out.