Last Combat Brigade Has Left Iraq

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by i.b.nora, Aug 18, 2010.

1. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

The last one out entered Kuwait at about 3:50 AM Baghdad time. Its the beginning of the end of that miserable war.

There are still 56,000 of our people there. It will be whitteled down in the next month to 50,000 support people who will stay there for another year or so.

All on MSNBC for the last few hours. Its a big deal. Very important.

2. Loading...

3. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

So we do have an exit strategy. That's good to know. I hope the 56,000 that are still there remain safe, we will be there forever, we now have a base in Iraq.

4. Brassband

Brassband New Member

We now have approx 98,000 American troops in Afghanistan. Any bets that these troops coming out of Iraq will just have a change of scenery?

5. Bathbuddys

Bathbuddys Verified Family Member Thomas Schramm

This is kind of enlightening for this mom> I have my only two sons in the military, one Air Force and one Army and hoping and praying that 3 tours was enough and that they don't have to go back.. I cannot take another deployment and I KNOW that sounds awful but it has literally ruined our family. I am still sick from the first one that went over there. It is time for our babies to come home.

6. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Bottom line - they're being redeployed to Afghanistan.

7. Jaxson

Jaxson Your barkin' up the wrong tree

I can tell you that my niece was just deployed to Kuwait where troops will go into Iraq as needed. Also a WA NG EOD unit leaves 1st week of Nov. for Kuwait. Their mission is in Iraq AND Afghanistan. I don't care what Obama and the media say.

8. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

(((Big hugs)))

9. Pandora

Pandora New Member

Consider all of the places we allegedly weren't during VN--Laos, Cambodia, etc...Trust me, we were--my dad was with them. I do not believe we're totally withdrawn from Iraq. It's just another sound bite.