Laurean in Mexico

I do too, SS ...... and he's an excellent detective .... I believe his investigation and book "Murder in Greenwich" might have been instrumental in the prosecution (after almost 30 years) of Michael Skakel for the murder of 15-year-old Martha Moxley in 1975.

I am new to this site. I joined this site because of this case.

Does anyone know what the charges are on the warrant in Mexico?

If he is extridited for rape or kidnapping, can he then chared with murder once he is here or can he only be tried in the US for the charges on the orginal arrest warrant issued in Mexico?

Did he have a crimminal record in the US or Mexico?

I am new to this site. I joined this site because of this case.

Does anyone know what the charges are on the warrant in Mexico?

If he is extridited for rape or kidnapping, can he then chared with murder once he is here or can he only be tried in the US for the charges on the orginal arrest warrant issued in Mexico?

Did he have a crimminal record in the US or Mexico?
The Warrant for Cesar Lauean is for Murder, not rape or kidnapping.

Nothing has ever been released as to a prior record. He joined the Marines at 18 after graduating form High School in Las Vegas, NV.

NC had to take the death penalty off the table to get him back when/if he is found.The military plays the double jepordy game.Say ya get popped for DUI in Oceanside while in the USMC.First the Oceanside PD gets ya,then you get to answer the USMC for that as well.

I'd love to see CL caught and do time in NC's penal system,and live long enough to get out,only to see the USMC waiting at the gate to give him a free ride to Leavenworth.Leavenworth is no joke.

Post from JDNEWS.com in Jacksonville, NC. Reports that the bounty is too low for professional bounty hunters to look for him because it won't cover expenses. Includes interviews and new sources contributing to the bounty. Reports Dog the Bounty Hunter contacted the Onslow County Seriffif's office February 7. Article dated February 8, 2008.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54872___article.html/reward_information.html

Welcome to WS Crime-Dreamer. (Like the nick) :)

Do me a favor though...........don't dream too much of crime...there is more than enough going on every day without having to either dream of them or dream one up!

If the Bounty Hunters won't take the case because of the low "reward", then obviously the family and/or LE need to up the ante!!!! It's almost been a month and CL must be digging himself further and further in the hills or something in Mexico. Remember, we are still looking for Bin Laden!

Welcome to WS Crime-Dreamer. (Like the nick) :)

Do me a favor though...........don't dream too much of crime...there is more than enough going on every day without having to either dream of them or dream one up!

quote]

I appreciate it but I don't dream them up and I don't have a choice about the ones I dream about. Some are vauge some are vivid. This one found me before they found her and the details were vivid. Given a choice, I would want to see nothing about it.

Isn't bounty hunting illegal in Mexico. Isn't that what "Dogg" got in trouble for?

Spaz:

I think you are correct if my memory serves me correctly. "Dog" did go to Mexico for someone else and did cause a fiasco between the Mexican Government and the US Government.

I think it was discussed somewhere.................maybe DB or JDB or someone else can find where it was discussed at??

But can't Bounty Hunters get into Mexico without declaring their intentions?? Maybe that is what got Dog into trouble??

I'm ready to go to Mexico now under any pretenses........this is ridiculous that CL has not been apprehended by anyone!!!!!!!!

Dog went after the Max Factor rapist guy. They(Mexico) busted him (Dogg) for bounty hunting and for kidnapping the when he brought him back to the US.

Spaz:

I think you are correct if my memory serves me correctly. "Dog" did go to Mexico for someone else and did cause a fiasco between the Mexican Government and the US Government.

I think it was discussed somewhere.................maybe DB or JDB or someone else can find where it was discussed at??

But can't Bounty Hunters get into Mexico without declaring their intentions?? Maybe that is what got Dog into trouble??

I'm ready to go to Mexico now under any pretenses........this is ridiculous that CL has not been apprehended by anyone!!!!!!!!

I am in total agreement about it being ridiculous that he hasn't been apprehended yet. Unbelievable. I also read that the reward money is not enough to entice a bounty hunter to go down there looking for him. They need to get this into custody.

Link from Greta's show on fox. Charges against Chapman have been dropped. Bounty Hunting is illegal in Mexico.
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Jan30/0,4670,ChapmanExtradition,00.html

I posted another link from JDNews.com article about why bounty hunters say the bounty is too low. In that same article they report that Dog has registered with the Onslow County Sherriff's office. It is on another thread dated yesterday, I think. It is at JDNEWS.COM

Some talk around Jacksonville NC is that he is not in Mexico and still in NC. ID of Maria's was found on top of bushes at bus station across from the police station. Ticket purchased. Car at the airport. Was it all a fake to point to travel? Her phone was on top of a trash can at the main gate of the camp and the note that she was leaving too. Too many leads to be real some think.

Some talk around Jacksonville NC is that he is not in Mexico and still in NC.

Hi CrimeDreamer, Is this something you have heard people who live in Jacksonville say, or did you hear it on a TV report, or read it somewhere?

There have been no statements from the base, to my knowledge, since Jan 15th, and it is my opinion, also, that he has never left LeJeune. :waitasec:

Hi CrimeDreamer, Is this something you have heard people who live in Jacksonville say, or did you hear it on a TV report, or read it somewhere?

There have been no statements from the base, to my knowledge, since Jan 15th, and it is my opinion, also, that he has never left LeJeune. :waitasec:

I have to disagree. The only way he would still be on LeJeune is if he were dead and the hadn't found his body yet. No way the Marines would hide him. I think he is in Mexico. I'm sure he is aware they will not extradite on a death penalty case. Let's just hope he doesn't go to Venezuela because the don't extradite to the US period.

He could be in the brig!:behindbar Who would know? The Marine Corps are not legally required to give any information to law enforcement. But I totally agree that the USMC would not be hiding him to protect him; he is no longer anybody's stellar Marine. Rather, I think that there could be a vested interest in preventing him from appearing in a civilian court. There is a whole can of worms there that lots of people might just rather keep a lid on.

I belive it because he raped her and did not leave. He murdered her in his own house and did not leave the house. He buried her in his back yard and did not leave. I think he isn't going anywhere. Some blogs of people from LeJeune believe it too. Just do a search on Facebook. Although now most have changed their photos to non-uniform photos. At first they had photos of them in Marine clothing. Now they are in civilian clothing but using the same account names. Some belive he is in Hickory NC where everyone goes for vacations. Place is packed with Marines. I think he is there or in the brig. Hiding in plain site. I think Dog is going after him in the US. If not I am hoping Dog will read this or someone else will who can get someone that info.

It just seems ridiculous that Cesar Lauean has not been picked up yet!

Did Mark Furman nail down proof that he actually was seen in Mexico?

I think he probably is, but there is always the chance that his cousin could have made up that story about him coming into his bar.

If he is never sighted by anyone, I will suspect that while his family is thinking he is well hidden, MRS. may be laughing to herself because
she got rid of him and hid his body really well! LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back