Lawyer Of The Day: Mr. Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy ( a lawyer ) didn't even pay child support.

No comment.

No more questions.

moo

Oh I disagree. I think did pay because state of Fl wouldn't allow him to practice law until he did. among other things he started a "non-profit" to help children to pay his dead beat debt. rich irony at every turn or is that iorny ???

He won't understand the article anyway....it's probably on his mothers refrigerator as we speak, with all of his other "accomplishments"

LOL!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: You're sooo funny! :great:

There is no other way to describe this - Priceless! I don't even know if I can find an emotive icon to explain how hard I laughed when I read this.

I see only one problem. Baez has yet to put on his defence. If he is only doing cross now and his peers are all falling over themselves not knowing whether to be embarrassed for their profession as a whole or just sit back and enjoy the joke.

This must have been what the tweets were about yesterday morning, something about "wondering if he has read about the other lawyer article" or something.

I can only guess what the remarks will be during the week of June 20 - 26th.
The only problem is I don't know whether to look forward to it or get ready to brace myself.

Even though it's Baez, I'm never really comfortable watching someone manage to completely humiliate themselves in front of the world.

On second thought...:innocent:

FWIW, I think once it's the DT's at bat, it will be a little easier on him...he won't have to be worried about being "outside the scope" on cross. Just as I think the judge has given the state more leeway with their direct, I think he will do the same for JB.

The problem of course, will be who the heck will they have as really good witnesses? Now that the State knows his strategy, they are going to be ready for him with all the obvious reasons that his coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs defense just isn't plausible.

FWIW, I think once it's the DT's at bat, it will be a little easier on him...he won't have to be worried about being "outside the scope" on cross. Just as I think the judge has given the state more leeway with their direct, I think he will do the same for JB.

The problem of course, will be who the heck will they have as really good witnesses? Now that the State knows his strategy, they are going to be ready for him with all the obvious reasons that his coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs defense just isn't plausible.

I have to believe we get some insight into what is to come from what JB has tried to "sneak" in when he is being a bit snarky these past two weeks. Such as asking did you find the roll of duct tape over and over. Obvious to anyone I think is they used it putting up missing flyers and threw it away. As if. ICA was OK with stealing money and forging checks and murdering her daughter but she drew the line at using household duct tape. I swear ( I know I shouldn't ) so far it is like watching a road runner cartoon Wile E. Jose thwarted again as the road runner side steps 6 inches to the left as Wile E. Jose runs head long over the cliff. I am betting your sides will hurt after the first hour. I sort of hope they have a decent lawyer waiting in the wings to present the defense. On a serious note I think we will learn more on the cross. You have to believe JB will have some "surprise" witness or "evidence" which just never ever seems to work out for Wile E. Jose. Can't wait to watch LDB hand ole Wile E. Jose his own stick of Acme TNT to hold for just one second.

Since JB is so creative when it comes to making up stories, perhaps he would be more successful as a fiction author than a lawyer. Then he could maybe afford to pay more than $200 a month in child support.

Please...if you haven't read the comments that follow the article...you must.

It is very interesting to hear what other lawyers have to say about JBs pros and cons.

First I almost fell out of my chair with the title of this thread! So glad I took the time to read the article, I really needed a great laugh. Baez is so in over his head, it's pathetic and sad because ICA will surely get an appeal on ineffective counsel.

I also linked to his website from that article and had more laughs!!! I LOVE THIS!!!

"At Baez Law Firm, criminal defense lawyers believe in providing our clients with high quality legal services. Our criminal defense attorneys are always well-prepared for trial. Because each case has its own unique circumstances, we investigate each case diligently. We will look for exonerating evidence and identify alternative theories and avenues of defense."

Well well well I saw ( had to mute it ) Geraldo devote his entire show defending JB and ICA I think that says it all. If you can stand it you should listen/watch it. He did have some rational guest on as well as the usual suspects, AKA JB/ICA "consultants" I unmuted it when one of the rational guests was speaking and Jerry Rivers er .. I mean um Geraldo had a mini melt down saying something along the lines of Andrea Yates got a pass because she was a right wing religious blah blah blah he couldn't form a coherent thought at that point so I flipped back to watching the 24 hours Lemans race.
Lots of specials on all the cable news nets this weekend also I watched a two year old special on TLC/DISC which was a nice refresher.

I'm so glad you posted this about Geraldo...ran in to record it for later and only missed the first 2 minutes....will watch it later with a snack. I did notice Geraldo for a minute before I turned it off....what is up with his hair? Did he apply a whole can of Crisco to it? Geesh!

Oh wow! Just WOW!

Huge KUDOS to the author of this article!!!! I can see Baez now running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get this article pulled from the internet! LOL with that Jose!!! :floorlaugh:

I have to believe we get some insight into what is to come from what JB has tried to "sneak" in when he is being a bit snarky these past two weeks. Such as asking did you find the roll of duct tape over and over. Obvious to anyone I think is they used it putting up missing flyers and threw it away. As if. ICA was OK with stealing money and forging checks and murdering her daughter but she drew the line at using household duct tape. I swear ( I know I shouldn't ) so far it is like watching a road runner cartoon Wile E. Jose thwarted again as the road runner side steps 6 inches to the left as Wile E. Jose runs head long over the cliff. I am betting your sides will hurt after the first hour. I sort of hope they have a decent lawyer waiting in the wings to present the defense. On a serious note I think we will learn more on the cross. You have to believe JB will have some "surprise" witness or "evidence" which just never ever seems to work out for Wile E. Jose. Can't wait to watch LDB hand ole Wile E. Jose his own stick of Acme TNT to hold for just one second.

Oh gosh! I just spit all over my screen! Wile E. Jose!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

First I almost fell out of my chair with the title of this thread! So glad I took the time to read the article, I really needed a great laugh. Baez is so in over his head, it's pathetic and sad because ICA will surely get an appeal on ineffective counsel.

I also linked to his website from that article and had more laughs!!! I LOVE THIS!!!

"At Baez Law Firm, criminal defense lawyers believe in providing our clients with high quality legal services. Our criminal defense attorneys are always well-prepared for trial. Because each case has its own unique circumstances, we investigate each case diligently. We will look for exonerating evidence and identify alternative theories and avenues of defense."

BBM

Now that right thar is funny, I don't care who ya are!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Didn't the Judge say (paraphrasing) I.WILL.NOT.STOP.ONE.MORE.TIME.FOR.YOU.TO.FIND.A.FILE!!! :floorlaugh:

The Lawyer Of The Day is defending The Mother Of The Year and desperately hoping it will end up being The Mistrial Of The Century.

So it seems to me that the prosecution has presented at least more than 50% of their case. Can't be exactly sure when, but even before today, they had pretty much covered everything they stated in their opening remarks and backed it up with outstanding experts. So now for Jose, I would have thought that at this point, he would have at least nailed something from his opening remarks. I know he still gets to call witnesses on the defenses behalf but let's see, George, Lee, Cindy, three key players in proving Casey's innocence, according to JB, have already been cross-examined by him. I don't recall during George's cross-examination that I was left with the feeling that George sexually molested Casey, pulled a drowned Caylee from the pool, or disposed of Caylee's body. And i don't recall after Jose's cross-examination of Lee thus far, that I was left with believing that Lee sexually molested Casey. And certainly after Jose cross-examined Cindy, thus far, I have to say I was not left with the sinking feeling that...Uh Oh, Cindy left the ladder attached to the pool. The only person in JB's opening remarks that he blamed for Caylee's demise and disposal that we have not heard from is, Roy Kronk but I really can't believe that the "meter reader did it."

I'm left with the following questions: is it possible that Jose has nothing at all up his sleeve and that he is convinced that just because he said these things in his opening remarks, that everyone will believe him? Does he think because Casey on occasion was a good story teller, that he somehow developed those skills also? Is it possible that he will not bring anyone to the witness stand that will convince me of one thing in his opening remarks?

Great article btw, thanks for posting it - my favorite part: Sometimes — and maybe this is one of those times — you should feel strongly enough to know you’re horribly outclassed..." I for one feel the prosecution deserves an A+ thus far.

Even funnier is that his home page is the only page you can view. Every single link on his site is broken. You would think that if you were the primary defense attorney in the biggest trial in the country, you would make sure your website worked.

I feel bad watching the whole team sometimes including Mason. Baez if anything is entertaining. I don't know how he imagined how he could save this lassie KC but than I don't know how many lawyers could think that either. I hope he is not too ashamed of himself...at least he has the courage to try a hard case with a defendant who lies about everything and even he does not know what to believe. How does any lawyer take on a client such as this? Maybe one of you lawyers out there can answer this? I assume all lawyers want to know the truth even though they can still defend a client who is not truthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo