LDS Theories -- Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths

I thought it was fascinating as well! One thing that struck me was the fact that some of his family were living in Colorado and Houston in the other "families". This shows that not all of the family were in Mexico after Evril LeBaron died. IMO LEK being part of the LeBaron family is certainly a plausible scenario. If LEK were one of those sisters living within the other cults she could have escaped from one of them around the time of the murders of the other leaders. It was obviously a chaotic time between May 1987 and June 1988. The Denver leader, Daniel Jordan, was murdered in October of 1987. We know she ordered the BC in May 1988. The truth is we don't really know what address that BC was mailed to. Could she have been in Denver during that time? Boise is a little over 800 miles from Denver. I hope this isn't what you call "mustarding".

Exactly. This is what I have been thinking. And don't forget the Chynoweth side. Two of the Chynoweth men were killed in 88' so she could be from that family too. Both sides were in fear of each other. Both sides were killing each other. So, you have the killers and then you have their families, many who were probably young and scared to death.

oh and ps> I see now some of my previous posts sound a lot like what ya'll have already discussed...sorry..lol guess that means we are all thinking along the same lines.

Hi folks-new here, came over from the Seattle Times article. My thoughts, FWIW:

It's interesting that one of the Lebaron daughters, in the article linked below, mentions that she went a little "wild" after leaving the family. I wonder what this means? She's an attractive woman, and now an actress...I wonder if she might have done some stripping?

She also specifically mentions that some of her siblings are in hiding.

Of all the pictures of possible matches, the Lebaron woman really does look similar. Her ears are very much like LEK's (kind of long, and extending out from the head), as are the nostrils.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/local_news/article_00928e96-9b69-550c-b2a4-b76ff4e9f309.html

Out of all of the articles that I have read, this one really tells how they were constantly in hiding, never staying in one place long, on the run, a lot of times the kids were left to care for themselves. Read the article and tell me what you all think.

This thought has crossed my mind several times. In the other threads, folks are having a hell of a time tracking what FLEK was doing between 1988 when she changed her identity through a time when she can start being tracked in Texas. It has crossed my mind several times that after the ID change she may not have stayed in Texas during that period. if she was involved in Lebaron matters, She may have changed her ID in Texas and then lived elsewhere for a length of time, such as with the other Lebaron people in other States, or she may have even returned to Mexico if that was where she was from in the first place, or even if she wasn't from there. But, think about the passport application. She may have thought she would need it to flee or cross the border. She may have never had a birth certificate at all if she was born in a LebAron camp. Her gaps in employment.... She may have been working in one of the Lebaron applicance repair businesses during those gaps in her life in Texas or may have been in Mexico. Hence, the false letter of reference for that huge gap. I don't think we can really be sure she stayed in Texas from 1988 through her death. Could have been Nevada, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, anywhere there were Lebaron connections. If not a Lebaron associate, still may not have stayed in Texas that entire time.

^ this! I agree she could have lived somewhere other than Texas. The Article said the Idaho ID was a recent find, not in the box. Who's to say she didn't get an ID card from other states as Becky Sue?! I really Like this line of thinking.. She may have had an addy in Texas like a Po box but was working out of state!

Hey while reading shattered dreams I saw a pic of Verlans tombstone. He died on 8/18 .... Like the number 818 on the notes page ;) this is so fun

^ this! I agree she could have lived somewhere other than Texas. The Article said the Idaho ID was a recent find, not in the box. Who's to say she didn't get an ID card from other states as Becky Sue?! I really Like this line of thinking.. She may have had an addy in Texas like a Po box but was working out of state!

Don't forget that she had the mailbox drop in Boulder City, Nevada.

Thank you SideKick for the photos and video of Rena. See, I wasn't thinking that Rena would be LEK's mama, I was just thinking that LEK was "a Chynoweth, somewhere between all of these." I mean, Rena has the height in her own right, just like the Lebaron family. I was thinking maybe how Ervil's family member's killed these 2 Chynoweth guys, maybe LEK was related to them and after seeing them get killed in 1988, was scared to death and took off. Ahh, who knows? I sure hope we find out soon..driving me nuts..lol :)[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY AGREE!!! I just watched that video and came here thinking to see if it was posted. They have so many similarities :/

The originally posted video is in the longer closed forum. There is tons of good info also. I did a TON of research on the family and am reading several of the books now. I can scan the pics from the books later. I also posted in the first forum still shots of her children and the children she adopted from the other family members that were killed on the other forum. The Hispanic branch of the family lives all over Texas. I also posted a link to a blog by one of the wives.
Good insight into the mental trauma.
I emailed Peter Chenoweth who is head of the family line research to see if be would compare FLEKs DNA to the family. No response yet.

The Chenoweth family practiced polygamy also before Rena married Ervil. The different cults intermarried. They are also connected to the sister wives show..

Great work guys :)
I don't get to come in often as I have an 18 yr old with mental health issues. Having her have these problems it is much easier to understand how lori went through what she did and how fast she went down hill. My daughter has mild bipolar. I wonder if she did too ?

I emailed Susan Ray Schmidt who was one of Verlan Lebarons wives I asked her to read the article and here is her response:

Hello Linda,

What an amazing story... It would make a great book. She doesn't look familiar to me and I don't personally see a resemblance with anyone I know. As I read the article, I thought of Ervil LeBaron's younger children who were basically slaves; victims in his "army" as he carried out his horrific agenda. Who knows, there were enough of them who fell through the cracks once he was captured. These would be the ones too young to get caught up in doing their father's dirty work. I didn't know all of them, of course, and I couldn't even make a guess as to which kid might be "missing." However, I can imagine a daughter of Ervil's being traumatized enough, or driven enough, to go to the lengths this girl went to to disappear. Sort of like Tarza did. It would be amazing if her DNA could be tested against his. Do you have a concrete reason to look in that direction?

If the day comes that the mystery is solved, I'd appreciate you letting me know.

All best in your search,

Susan

Here is a link to who she is:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Ray_Schmidt

I will keep writing others in the family!

^^ Great response from one of Verlan Lebaron's wives. I wonder what it would take to check FLEK's DNA against Ervil's or any of his other children. Does anybody know?

Susan wrote me again today. I had asked her who else I could contact.. This is so nice of her!! Here is what she wrote
"
, is there a way you could send me a better, clearer pic of Jane Doe? I would be willing to fwd it to a couple of my contacts from Ervil's family and see what sort of response I get. If they're interested, I could send them the original link to the story you sent to me. I don't think they'd appreciate me giving you their contact info, but we could try it this way?"

I sent her all the pics we have of FLEK so excited :)

^^ Great response from one of Verlan Lebaron's wives. I wonder what it would take to check FLEK's DNA against Ervil's or any of his other children. Does anybody know?

Claire, Peter Chenoweth has started a DNA campaign for his family. They have a big reunion yearly and ask all to contribute to a DNA database to help build their family tree. I am trying to contact him to see if we can arrange something

Great work guys :)
I don't get to come in often as I have an 18 yr old with mental health issues. Having her have these problems it is much easier to understand how lori went through what she did and how fast she went down hill. My daughter has mild bipolar. I wonder if she did too ?

It's possible she may have had bi-polar, but with bi-polar it would have been very difficult to keep that many secrets over such a long period of time.

I wish there was a way for the in-laws to get legal access to any medical records of Lori's. I'm still curious as to what she was doing during those major gaps in her life timeline. I don't believe she was self-employed (as she says she was) during one of those major time gaps, but I'd love to find out factually if she was ever in a psychiatric hospital or placed under residential psychiatric care.

The company she had unclaimed funds sells cleaning supplies. I wonder if she worked as housekeeping. ( like merry maids or self employed contract cleaning.. ) my mom did that while going to school, made lots of cash.

I just mean that with mental illnesses its easy to go from great to rock bottom in a Short amount of time. When I had a break down I lost 30 kilos in a few weeks just from stress alone.

Great stuff Linda! Keep us informed :)

That company also hires all types of jobs.. I wanted to update but couldn't find my post lol. I wonder if she used her BST ss for this job

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back