LE needs to check on Amy's storage site.

I thought it was speculated earlier on the he threw it away because it was to the car she wrecked. :confused:

Nope, it was to the car she had BORROWED...the one she had just used that very day to pick Amy up from the airport and had returned to her. Amy must have given Casey a "spare" rather than giving her entire key-ring to her and this was the key that Lee threw away.

Yes, I would like to think that subject came up with LE and Amy but with so much stuff going on, sometimes things get overlooked. Those tubs bug me also folks. I watched a movie where a guy had his wifes torso sitting in a tub in the garage the whole time LE was investigating her disappearance. He had buried her, and went back later and retrieved the bones because the park was going to be searched where he had them hidden. I wish LE would tear a home apart to look for missing children the same way they tear them apart to look for drugs. sigh.. nothing unturned. they just didnt seem to be at anthonys home for long at a time.
This is a case in Michigan, Steven Grant killed & dismembered his wife Tara. Are you sure you didn't read it rather than seeing it in a movie?
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0307/0701_tara_grant.html

What about 48 hours mystery on Ugene Zapata, he hid his wife in a storage unit, in a sealed container for over 20yrs, then buried the remains on a vacant lot for I believe 8 or 9 then dumped her bones in in small containers and put her in the landfill. They never found her, but he confessed.

I may have some of this out of order, but you can put a body in a sealed container and rent a unit. CA had enough of Amy's money she could have prepaid for a yr. & rented it under another name. who would ever know?

LE also checked the septic tank in the A's yard. It is a holding tank, like a storage bin, and it is buried just under the grass. It is big enough for a smalll child and easy to dig up. We all have them. I wonder if they checked any other place she lived or house she used? The Oviedo house, Lee's place, or any other house she could have put a body at?

Also, on Tim's EquuSearch site there is a case called Baby Grace or Gracie where the parents of the child they murdered kept her body in a storage facility for 2 months before they put her in a plastic container and threw her into Galveston Bay....

Nope, it was to the car she had BORROWED...the one she had just used that very day to pick Amy up from the airport and had returned to her. Amy must have given Casey a "spare" rather than giving her entire key-ring to her and this was the key that Lee threw away.

Can you point me to a link or do you remember who said that? I don't remember hearing anyone saying exactly what the key went to in the interviews, did i miss something?

And does this make any sense?

Who would want their extra key to their car tossed ... wouldn't you just offer to return it?

There is a self storage place at 10280 East Colonial very near to the Ping #28 on June 16th 9:04 p.m. - 11:17 p.m. - it is close to the Amscott.

Maybe they stashed her there until they could come up with a good plan between the two of them. I really believe Tony was in on it.

But I am sure LE has checked all of the local place's records and looked for any names associated in any way with this case.

Can you point me to a link or do you remember who said that? I don't remember hearing anyone saying exactly what the key went to in the interviews, did i miss something?

This is in Lee's testimony in the pages released Sept. 23.

It's handwritten page 1450, and 27/69 of the Lee Anthony PDF. I've saved these to my computer, and that's what I use. I will try to find a source here on WS for you.

LA's comment about tossing the key has always bothered me also. I thought of it again yesterday while reading a theory on another thread that KA could have put Caylee in AH's wrecked car's trunk. Guess we'll never know what the key went to.

Does Amy have a storage building? I hope if so, it has been checked because Casey may have had all of Amy's keys for awhile on her car key ring, possibly. If someone has connection with LE on here, please let them know about a possible storage building. True, we dont know if it is a building, but we dont know it is not. I am not in any way accusing Amy of any part of coverup here for we all know that her checkbook was taken by Casey and so a storage building of hers (if she had one) could have been accessed by Casey also. I think its worth checking on since the subject may not have came up between LE and Amy.

Posted to Casey from Amy H at 11:03am on June 4th, It will be great! And the best part... we have all month to get boys to do heavy lifting from storage for the price of beer and pizza... and yes boys, I know you can read this and I think you are getting adequately compensated! I'm excited for tonight... and next week... and the next however long!

There would still be that smell, unless there was a freezer in the unit. Does the unit have electricity?

I have thought about AH's wrecked car as well and wondered if it has been found and searched.

Its in L.A.'s interview, it isn't really stated that it was a car key, it is only stated that he spoke with Amy and told her the "other key" was destroyed. I remember when I heard it that I thought it odd that he said "destroyed" rather than say, returned to her or thown out.

Oh, and what about the key that Lee said he threw out for Amy? Storage key????

I have had a few experiences with storage places in Orlando and the key to the lock has always been a strange looking round thing. Then we had a key to a door to get into the building and a pass code for the gate to get into the facility. Don't know if this is normal - but one key wouldn't get us anywhere.

I wonder if LA was asked about the key by LE. I'm going to go back and try to reread what he said about it.

LA's comment about tossing the key has always bothered me also. I thought of it again yesterday while reading a theory on another thread that KA could have put Caylee in AH's wrecked car's trunk. Guess we'll never know what the key went to.

This has always bothered me. I think there is more to this. Why would you throw it away. It should have been returned. I believe the key was for something else or it was code for something other than a key.

Its in L.A.'s interview, it isn't really stated that it was a car key, it is only stated that he spoke with Amy and told her the "other key" was destroyed. I remember when I heard it that I thought it odd that he said "destroyed" rather than say, returned to her or thown out.

He says he recognizes all this family's car keys and this was not one he recognized so he figured it was Amy's.

EE: I’ll tell you while we’re right here then I’m going to, that, that whole conversation I had listed as uh, note number eight. And the reason I’m doing this is for my transfer review later. I’d like to jump to uh, you said that Amy’s keys were also in there? Uh ….

LA: Uh-hum (affirmative).

EE: … or, or a set of keys?

LA: Just her, yeah (affirmative), her, her one car key, yes.

EE: That you recognize as the key that was probably to the car your sister was using while they ….

LA: Exactly.

EE: … were in Puerto Rico?

LA: It was a key that I had never seen before. I know all of our family’s car keys. So it just was easy for me to figure out that had to be Amy’s, Amy’s car key.

EE: And you called Amy and destroyed that key for her?

LA: The next, yeah (affirmative), the next day she reached out to me and said, “Hey, my key’s on her, probably on her key ring somewhere.” And I said, “I already, I’m one step ahead of you. (Laughs). I already got it. Consider it, consider it taken care of,” so.
…

I transcribed that from the document, so it may not be exact.

Lee Anthony says he destroyed a key that was Amy's car key. That does not mean it was a car key or even Amy's for that matter.

I still think it's odd that he destroyed the key.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back