Leah Remini - Troublemaker

Discussion in 'Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath' started by MagicRose99, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

Spoken like a true Scientologist! Careful, you'll be a card carrying, forever paying member before you know it.

dcfi224, Marg from Oz, Finlay and 8 others like this.

2. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

rbm
    Where indeed? She's been mia for how long? Since 2007, if memory serves. Hmmmm.

3. expat79

expat79 Member

Why is a "Scientology" even a section on Websleuths?

Scientology is just like Christianity, Islam, or any other religious cult.

No better, and no different.

Steelhead likes this.
  4. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Well, my part of Christianity has only marriage as a lifetime contract, and no Billion Year Contract is available. Sadly acceptable to dump the lifetime marriage bond, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Billion-Contract-Memoir-Former-Scientologist-ebook/dp/B002UUTGKI

(Not implying support of Amazon, this was a quick link.)

Some people do join religious orders and accept a vow of poverty, but these are legal adults AFAIK.

The descriptions of Sea Org published by anyone outside of Scientology are a description of slavery -- not legal in the US or other modern nations AFAIK. There is no parallel in my denomination.

Were you raised in a religious practice, or viewing all religious practice as an outsider? If so, which?

jmho ymmv lrr

fraudqueen, rootbeer, dcfi224 and 6 others like this.
  5. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

There are detailed accounts of criminal misconduct and convictions of core members easily found in any search of Scientology. It is an organization which has been found guilty of fraud and accused of organized harassment. Perhaps you should research your subject a bit more before making such a broad sweeping statement. In my opinion only, it was naïve.

6. Steelhead

Steelhead Well-Known Member

To be fair, there are detailed accounts of criminal misconduct and convictions of core members easily found in any search of (insert any religion here, i.e. the Catholic Church ). In my opinion, to think that Scientology is somehow different than any other religion, is naive.

7. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

She’s on a fairly recent podcast, making note to look it up tomorrow, zzz.

borndem, Marg from Oz and Laughing like this.
  8. borndem

Excellent post, my friend, @Laughing.
    My Christian religion (United Methodist) does not have any type of religious contract other than lifetime marriage, as well -- and yes, divorces occur with no penalties or church judgements, whatsoever. Support is always there.
    And Sea Org is not a religious experience..
    Lea Remini knows of what she speaks.

9. mugsy

mugsy New Member

borndem likes this.
  10. benny_imura

benny_imura New Member

I read Troublemaker earlier this year and I found everything really fascinating. I didn't have much prior knowledge about the Church of Scientology. Good stuff!

borndem and Catmommy like this.
  11. borndem

Welcome to Websleuths,
    mugsy
    &
    benny_imura !!

Laughing likes this.
  12. JDG

JDG Well-Known Member

Operation Clambake is online and a real eye opener about Scientology. Excellent information to be had.

xenu dot net

dcfi224 and Catmommy like this.
  13. Dru603

Dru603 New Member

I've always thought she would be that type of person that when she gets mad at someone or something she doesn't let it go. Her character in Save by the bell and King of Queens I feel is very similar to who she is. I love her think she's awesome. Worst person to piss off for scientology. They are not going to be able to bully her to keep her quiet. And it's giving so many victims the courage and place to tell their stories. I'm happy she's been there for those that needed someone. Hope that bastard David and his buddy Tom Cruise leave em alone. Need more celebrities to come out and tell their reasons why they left. I don't understand how blue collar people even afford it

14. JDG

JDG Well-Known Member

If you are blue collar and a Scientologist, you have very basic rent, food and not much in the way of worldly goods. All of your disposable income goes to the Church of Scientology. You 'borrow' or 'scam' money from family members who are not members, you piggy back off them by eating at their homes, ask them to purchase basics for you but particularly cash or co-signs that you dont pay. Then, the Scientology folk come around and put pressure on the members to hand over every spare dime. If friends/extended family fail to pay up, they are shunned and dropped from the family, sometimes for the rest of their lives. IMO, MOO, JMO

This cult ruins families, all to suck money from them and their proper families; very much a result of brainwashing. No original though/critical thinking when they're done with you. IMO, MOO, JMO

I was glad to hear that John Travolatas late wife did have proper cancer therapy, as that is against their beliefs. Think she was at MD Anderson, centre of excellence.

Catmommy and fraudqueen like this.