Leah Remini - Troublemaker

Is Scientology really that different from our society? IMO no. They have rules just like our society has rules. If you mess up you are in the system. In some ways our system is no different from Scientologies.

Spoken like a true Scientologist! Careful, you'll be a card carrying, forever paying member before you know it.

Along the lines of -- it's determined that Sciencetology is a business but not a church.

Marty Rathbun’s project becomes clear: Someone’s worried about Scientology & the IRS | The Underground Bunker

No idea how that would be determined? If there is no higher power? Or are the extra-terrestials their higher power? Haven't read about that part in a long time.

We see this organization as a business, but I suppose you/someone might see my denomination as a business?

Then again, where is Shelly Miscavige?

Scientology Attorney Demands Jezebel Remove Our Story on Shelly Miscavige's Alleged Disappearance

rbm
Where indeed? She's been mia for how long? Since 2007, if memory serves. Hmmmm.

Why is a "Scientology" even a section on Websleuths?

Scientology is just like Christianity, Islam, or any other religious cult.

No better, and no different.

Well, my part of Christianity has only marriage as a lifetime contract, and no Billion Year Contract is available. Sadly acceptable to dump the lifetime marriage bond, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Billion-Contract-Memoir-Former-Scientologist-ebook/dp/B002UUTGKI

(Not implying support of Amazon, this was a quick link.)

Some people do join religious orders and accept a vow of poverty, but these are legal adults AFAIK.

The descriptions of Sea Org published by anyone outside of Scientology are a description of slavery -- not legal in the US or other modern nations AFAIK. There is no parallel in my denomination.

Were you raised in a religious practice, or viewing all religious practice as an outsider? If so, which?

jmho ymmv lrr

There are detailed accounts of criminal misconduct and convictions of core members easily found in any search of Scientology. It is an organization which has been found guilty of fraud and accused of organized harassment. Perhaps you should research your subject a bit more before making such a broad sweeping statement. In my opinion only, it was naïve.

There are detailed accounts of criminal misconduct and convictions of core members easily found in any search of Scientology. It is an organization which has been found guilty of fraud and accused of organized harassment. Perhaps you should research your subject a bit more before making such a broad sweeping statement. In my opinion only, it was naïve.
To be fair, there are detailed accounts of criminal misconduct and convictions of core members easily found in any search of (insert any religion here, i.e. the Catholic Church ). In my opinion, to think that Scientology is somehow different than any other religion, is naive.

Has anyone read Leah's book, Troublemaker? I've started the audio book and to hear the story in her own voice is really interesting and holding my attention. She has a "No Holds Barred" approach in telling her side, which includes her issues and faults as well as her families.
She’s on a fairly recent podcast, making note to look it up tomorrow, zzz.

Well, my part of Christianity has only marriage as a lifetime contract, and no Billion Year Contract is available. Sadly acceptable to dump the lifetime marriage bond, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Billion-Contract-Memoir-Former-Scientologist-ebook/dp/B002UUTGKI

(Not implying support of Amazon, this was a quick link.)

Some people do join religious orders and accept a vow of poverty, but these are legal adults AFAIK.

The descriptions of Sea Org published by anyone outside of Scientology are a description of slavery -- not legal in the US or other modern nations AFAIK. There is no parallel in my denomination.

Were you raised in a religious practice, or viewing all religious practice as an outsider? If so, which?

jmho ymmv lrr

Excellent post, my friend, @Laughing.
My Christian religion (United Methodist) does not have any type of religious contract other than lifetime marriage, as well -- and yes, divorces occur with no penalties or church judgements, whatsoever. Support is always there.
And Sea Org is not a religious experience..
Lea Remini knows of what she speaks.

Has anyone read Leah's book, Troublemaker? I've started the audio book and to hear the story in her own voice is really interesting and holding my attention. She has a "No Holds Barred" approach in telling her side, which includes her issues and faults as well as her families.
I've always thought she would be that type of person that when she gets mad at someone or something she doesn't let it go. Her character in Save by the bell and King of Queens I feel is very similar to who she is. I love her think she's awesome. Worst person to piss off for scientology. They are not going to be able to bully her to keep her quiet. And it's giving so many victims the courage and place to tell their stories. I'm happy she's been there for those that needed someone. Hope that *advertiser censored* David and his buddy Tom Cruise leave em alone. Need more celebrities to come out and tell their reasons why they left. I don't understand how blue collar people even afford it

I've always thought she would be that type of person that when she gets mad at someone or something she doesn't let it go. Her character in Save by the bell and King of Queens I feel is very similar to who she is. I love her think she's awesome. Worst person to piss off for scientology. They are not going to be able to bully her to keep her quiet. And it's giving so many victims the courage and place to tell their stories. I'm happy she's been there for those that needed someone. Hope that *advertiser censored* David and his buddy Tom Cruise leave em alone. Need more celebrities to come out and tell their reasons why they left. I don't understand how blue collar people even afford it

If you are blue collar and a Scientologist, you have very basic rent, food and not much in the way of worldly goods. All of your disposable income goes to the Church of Scientology. You 'borrow' or 'scam' money from family members who are not members, you piggy back off them by eating at their homes, ask them to purchase basics for you but particularly cash or co-signs that you dont pay. Then, the Scientology folk come around and put pressure on the members to hand over every spare dime. If friends/extended family fail to pay up, they are shunned and dropped from the family, sometimes for the rest of their lives. IMO, MOO, JMO

This cult ruins families, all to suck money from them and their proper families; very much a result of brainwashing. No original though/critical thinking when they're done with you. IMO, MOO, JMO

I was glad to hear that John Travolatas late wife did have proper cancer therapy, as that is against their beliefs. Think she was at MD Anderson, centre of excellence.

To be fair, there are detailed accounts of criminal misconduct and convictions of core members easily found in any search of (insert any religion here, i.e. the Catholic Church ). In my opinion, to think that Scientology is somehow different than any other religion, is naive.
I am a Christian. Scientology is not even close to Christianity. I was subjected to scientology due to a job I got. After being hired by a company in Houston I had to go to a required "oriantion". I was completely livid when it turned out to be the church of scientology. I was told that Cancer was not real. We have the strength to will it away. I told them where to put it. I quit the job the sam day. These people are narcissistic control freaks!

Leah Remini is an exceptionally brave woman to be taking on an organization like Scientology. Their power is almost to the point of surpassing that of the Vatican. But the difference is that they don’t try to hide all of their dirty laundry. They both have skeletons in their closet, but Scientology tends to add bodies that are still breathing on a daily basis. Anyone who is willing to go up against something like that, has guts that would stretch to Neptune and back about 50 times.
mrs m. is still missing after years……. hearing her speak up at this time would help the cult and put rumors to rest. we all think they killed her and buried the body. …….. the internet access the cultists have access to will distroy the cult over time …. thank goodness

I am a Christian. Scientology is not even close to Christianity. I was subjected to scientology due to a job I got. After being hired by a company in Houston I had to go to a required "oriantion". I was completely livid when it turned out to be the church of scientology. I was told that Cancer was not real. We have the strength to will it away. I told them where to put it. I quit the job the sam day. These people are narcissistic control freaks!
Good post, @boop13.
Oh, my, what a job interview you went through, but I congratulate you on what you did after you GTH outta there.
I am a Christian, too. Glad to say I've never been close to Scientology -- but I have read a fair amount about it. IMO, it is Absolutely Not a religion.

One more thing,

..............................Welcome to Websleuths,...............................
.......................................boop13 !! ........................................

Just sharing my experience as someone who grew up with access to higher education and Internet to learn about Scientology-

* Scientology is really good at hiding their "hustle". A lot of people who left voluntarily back in the day were afraid to speak poorly about their experiences.

* What made me realize they were bad news was what happened to that poor young woman in Florida. She needed to be in a mental health facility, not around other Scientologists. Just ugh. FWIW the state I grew up in would not allow that sort of thing to happen.

* What has been coming out lately about Scientology is beyond sinister and insane. Honestly there are convicted felons in the United States with better moral compasses than the leaders of the C of S.

Point blank if Leah Remini had opted out of taking them on, someone would have done it eventually. I really respect her.

PS I only caught up on all of this because a friend of mine in Los Angeles died unexpectedly & I honestly was wondering if he had "gotten in over his head" with C of S.

My advice, caveat emptor. Always.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back