Lee Anthony Almosts Hits Protesters

Sorry for this being a long post but I've been reading for several days and finally had to speak up.

There is a higher emotional quotient to this case that is stoked by anger and negative feelings. Those negative feelings seem to be clouding the main issue and spilling over onto not only the family but even some of the young people who had the misfortune to be caught up in a horrid mess not of their own making.

Caylee is missing, presumed dead by a lot of people here on WS and elsewhere. How she went missing or became deceased is the REAL issue. Who did it is the issue. Casey's parents and her brother are peripheral to those central questions. Their support of her and comments on her behalf are fluff compared to the real issue. CAYLEE.

People complain that the Anthony's aren't out there searching in the swamps, but if they were out there they'd find fault with something else they were or weren't doing. So what if Lee Anthony was playing a game online for however long. He's exercising his right to pursue his interests, whether you or I like it or not. If we're going to exercise our right to complain or hold a protest outside his parents house saying "he's not out searching for his niece" then we have to recognize that he has rights as well as do his parents.

Steve Huff has an entry on the case and I agree with what he had to say.
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/09/pure_opinion_the_vaguely_obsce.php#more
What I also find obscene, I think, is the obsessive chewing over every tiny, meaningless detail of the circus surrounding the case (parsing the actual details that may point to what really happened is a necessary evil). I find it obscene that people insert themselves into the story -- by going to the Anthonys' home -- surely making it a point to do so when the cameras are around -- by starting fights in the street.

All of us are desperate for REAL news and parsing everything these people do or say is becoming less a matter of sleuthing or being interested in justice than spilling personal vitriol against people we really don't know or have any idea of how they are coping with the situation they find themselves in.

What? Protestors are allowed their rights to protest but the Anthony's should stay inside their house and forgo their rights to enjoy their property, including their front lawn? Or the use of their driveway? They should stay inside their house and ignore protestors.

Tell me something, if this was YOUR house and people were protesting a family member of YOURS, would YOU really stay inside? The response of "I wouldn't be supporting a baby killer in the family" or "I wouldn't be spinning lies etc.." is suppose to suffice? None of us know really how we would respond to a situation like this until we're in it.

I don't like some of the actions or comments the Anthony's have responded with but I recognize their RIGHT to say it. I recognize their right to make arses of themselves if they choose, just as the protestors have the right to do the same. Because IMO that's what some of them are doing. They're NOT going to achieve anything really.

Making life a hell and misery for the rest of the Anthony family isn't going to achieve "making" Casey talk. What they're doing is PUNISHING the Anthony family because they can't punish Casey or have any real affect on her. If they protested the office of whoever allows Casey such lenient time away from home confinement at her lawyers office, maybe they'd achieve something.

There are a lot of people who say the Anthonys should "make" Casey spill the beans.How pray tell? Beat it out of her? Starve her? Kick her out of the house?

Like many criminals Casey is stubborn and refuses to talk because the moment she does she commits herself to more than likely a lifetime in prison. If she's not going to open up and tell LE or the FBI who have skilled investigators how do we expect the family to get it out of her?

The investigators know that when they have enough evidence they can charge her with or without her cooperation. If they find the right evidence, they'll have the leverage to get her to talk. But until they do, what's the family supposed to do? What they have been doing. Support her because she is a member of their family. They can hate the acts she's committed but that doesn't mean they have to hate her. They may not understand her or her reasoning for what she may have done to Caylee and right now they prefer to believe that she hasn't.

I believe that's because like many other parents and family members or friends who find that someone close to them is accused of a crime, they find it very hard to fathom, much less accept that their loved one committed a heinous act.

Bottom line, if we and protesters have "rights" well, so do the Anthony's. Are we all such vicious voyeurs that we want to strip them of their rights?

Sorry but I believe IT'S TIME FOR THE FAMILY to kick Casey out. Cindy was goint to practice "tough love" on KC before AND she certainly needS to do it now. There will never be any better time to turn their back on her than now. if anything can or will get KC to speak would be for her family "DISOWN" her until she tells the truth!
It is their continued sheltering, enabling, excussing and protecting of KC's behavior that has turned her into the irresponsible thiefe and possbile murderer that we see today. It's time to wake up and get tough for Caylee's sake!
JMO and my 2 cents!

Sorry but I believe IT'S TIME FOR THE FAMILY to kick Casey out. Cindy was goint to practice "tough love" on KC before AND she certainly needS to do it now. There will never be any better time to turn their back on her than now. if anything can or will get KC to speak would be for her family "DISOWN" her until she tells the truth!
It is their continued sheltering, enabling, excussing and protecting of KC's behavior that has turned her into the irresponsible thiefe and possbile murderer that we see today. It's time to wake up and get tough for Caylee's sake!
JMO and my 2 cents!

Yes, but they can't do that now, can they? She's been released to that house. Unless her attorney takes her....

<<Blaming the victim doesn't hold water to rational people>>

Uh, rational people don't intentionally put themselves in harms way and then blame someone else when they're injured. Also, rational people don't compare rape victims with obnoxious protesters.

Yes, but they can't do that now, can they? She's been released to that house. Unless her attorney takes her....

Yes, they can. They can have the cops come get her and put her some place else. She is an adult...or so we think :waitasec:

Originally Posted by passin_through
well, now that Cindy mentions CPS...I started thinking about an old case there in Fl with CPS...hmmmmmm

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_rilya.html
*snip*
Authorities stated that both women have consistently failed lie detector tests in connection with Rilya's case. Graham allegedly told at least six people that an unnamed Spanish woman had taken Rilya on a trip to New York or New Jersey, after the individuals noticed the child's absence but before the DCF did. She said the Spanish woman intended to adopt Rilya.

Faced with no firm evidence that a slaying occurred and no witness who can definitively identify Graham as the girl's killer, prosecutors have been assembling a largely circumstantial case, according to case records.
Police dug up Graham's backyard looking for clues. They treated rooms in her house with a substance that reveals hidden traces of blood. They searched the house from top to bottom more than once.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O/T I am sorry this comment is not about Lee's Driving BUT..

Do you think this will happen in this case? or have they tested like this already. Is it hard to get an ok to do this type thing..? I can think of quite a few places they should check..

So the protesters don't agree with CA's legal right to be out on bond, they "protest" and cause a ruckus and she should have the bond revoked? Are you joking? Taking away a fundamental right because a bunch of glory hounds want to be on TV, yeah, THAT is a brilliant idea.

When you state what all protesters believe, you are painting with a broad brush. There is absolutely no way for you to know what all protesters believe.
They also do not all cause a ruckus. Some do, some don't. There are rights for all here. The protesters have a right to be there to protest if they stay within a few simple guidelines. Casey has a right to be out on bond. Both groups have rights guaranteed by our Constitution. Hell, even Cindy has the right to try and sway public opinion by stretching and omitting the truth as long as she stays within a few legal guidelines.

ETA. I think Lee was an a$$ for pulling his little stunt with the car. It is a shame thaat that big angry mom did not stomp his a$$ into a mudpuddle, then walk it dry. She would have been wrong too but I would still have liked to see it. Lee has changed. Lee, come toward the light. Ask Casey where Caylee is, then report it to LE.

lol it's not about Lee's driving but truly it was this *shabang* (word?) that set it off--Cindy, Fl and CPS..well you know!

I think they have more evidence in Caylee's case, and if they got a GJ indictment on that case with a 15 month time gap...well? If news reports and LE haven't been blowing air, I think Casey is sunk. jmo. Don't know that it will help Caylee much though :(

OSCO does nothing. I guess they are above the law

Clearly, the protesters should all file formal complaints, regardless of the lack of action the LE on scene. Any way to track any of the protesters or witnesses down and explain their rights to them? Hopefully, doing so will get Lee's rights explained to him --- his MIRANDA rights.

I will join you if we can agree beforehand to act as adults and leave our children at home. Let me know. I want Monoxide there too.

How much confiscated drug money is there?

Sounds like a great plan to me. Maybe a lot of us from here and other forums. Weekends better for me. Let me know what y'all come up with. Maybe start a thread to see who all wants to come and when most can be there?

From what I've heard, the protesters got upset when Lee brought Casey home and they were smiling and not sure if this was fact or a comparison, but possibly even high fiving as they drove in to incite the protesters. That's what started every things.

<<I don't see an option in that question>>

Is there supposed to be an option? It's a question .... WHO's fault will it be when someone is hurt? The Anthony's for losing control, or the protesters for being there?

I apologize, I saw the question:(Q) Whose fault will it be*
*snip*
I've said it before and I'll say it again....when someone gets seriously hurt, *who's fault is it going to be*?* 1)The Anthony's for being provoked or 2)the public for doing the antagonizing?
*snip*

I saw no options for an answer, as one and two mean the same. THAT was my point. I questioned if perhaps it was a typo as I grammar and typo fer hades! lol.

Anyhooo, no harm meant, just was a confusion on my part, I just tried to clarify for myself. Sorry if it offended.

"The protestors shouldn't be there, so they got what they deserved" = "She wore a short skirt, so she was asking for it."

Lee is an adult and responsible for his own behavior. Being "provoked" does not excuse him from his responsibility to be a law abiding citizen. Blaming the victim doesn't hold water to rational people.

Thanks Quick! :highfive:

Well if the protestors shouldn't be there, then perhaps they should go get a time machine and haul *advertiser censored** back to Nazi Germany for their refresher course on the laws which forbid their activities.

It is just so alarming to consider amending our Constitution to suit the current needs of the Anthony family.

It's not like we have the other Bill of Rights to fall back on.

It has been discussed that Cindy had a problem with accepting minorities.
Perhaps after we silence the protestors for good, we can address the issue of whether or not who has the right to vote should be changed.

jmo

<<Blaming the victim doesn't hold water to rational people>>

Uh, rational people don't intentionally put themselves in harms way and then blame someone else when they're injured. Also, rational people don't compare rape victims with obnoxious protesters.

:clap: Thank you!

More than one lady almost got hit. Not all of them were in the way. Lee is just being a douche
I never read or heard anything about any ladies almost being hit. Not all of them were in the way? Are you saying Lee 'almost' hit some people in the driveway as well as 'almost' hitting some people on the sidewalk? How wide is his car???

This is all really too funny.

Did anyone catch the little girl at the end pulling the girl with the pink shirt closer so she would be in the picture?

These people need to keep their kids home. What do they think, that they'll get discovered and get signed with an acting agency? This just proves that it's too dangerous for those little kids to be out there.
as much as I think the Anthony's have completely lost it, and Lee had no right what so ever to act and drive like a lunatic.... I gotta ask too what in tarnation are people doing dragging their kids out to a protest? Protesting does nothing anyway, I wouldn't even go to one. Certainly, tho, it's no place for kids!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back