LEE Takes Memorial Away from Front of House

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about his right to remove the flowers, it's that his impulsive "it's all about me" attitude shows immaturity and lack of sensitivity.

People truly care about that child! If it was me I would try and respect that and think it was kind that people wanted to show their respect. JMO

I haven't agreed with much the family has done, but I honestly kind of understand what he might have been thinking. Though I am sure the cross and memorial were put there in good faith...the discovery of a body is still very new. They haven't formally declared it to be Caylee - though I am sure he knows it is. But his emotions about that are still very raw. I could see how he might see the cross as a slap in the face to the family (though I don't believe that is what was intended). They are grieving and I think the cross in their yard may have been too much. I think whoever put it there probably should have waited until a formal id was made...and a memorial near the discovery site would probably be more appropriate.

Thoughtfully expressed. I think it would be a better place too.

If I recall correctly, Lee rents a home a few blocks away. He does not have any property for anyone to step on. He needs to get to steppin' to the location of the lie detector test.

:clap::clap::clap: Good one and ITA!

I don't understand him because it was left at Caylee's residence for Caylee. Lee lives at a rental home a few blocks away. He removed himself from the circus his family created when forced to give DNA. Is this latest action throwing his hat back into the center ring? Destroying an obvious act of kindness is pale compared to some of the other stunts. But to do it in front of Gerry and his cameras is another monumental act of stupidity if he intends to keep laying low.

I reckon that young Anthony feller just re-upped

Yes. Without knowing who left the flowers (and I'll bet he doesn't know, either), what is the harm in honoring the memory of his niece?

He knows the media is camped out at the house. He put on a little show of removing the memorial flowers, which could just as easily have been done later tonight after the news cameras left.

His statement has been heard loud and clear, and it does not speak well of him.
Well there is some pretty raw emotion going on around that house. We all know that looky loos and Lee don't mix , but people keep showing up there anyway. This dude is gonnna snap and i don't blame him.
If he had anything to do with killing Caylee, then I will have another song to sing. But for now, this dude is gonna break. We can honor Caylee without going over to their house for goodness sake.

I also don't honestly see why people are dumb-founded that Lee wouldn't want to be nice to the media. I can't imagine the level of constant harrassment these people have had for the last 5 months - with media camped out and chasing them down for comments. Not to say that many times they asked for the attention themselves. But I would think at this time, with recent events, they would like some privacy. There is no way they will get it - and I am sure their emotions are very high right now. I think the media has the right to be there, but it would be nice to see them give the family a little bit of distance for a few days.

Christ! Can't this family allow other people who care, to show their respect in a non-confrontational manner?!!:eek:

That memorial was for CAYLEE and he had no right to remove it, downright disrespectful IMO:furious:

I'm going with, simply, Lee has every right to do what he chooses to do. We cannot read his mind as to the "why's" of it or if there was a reason he didn't have to share to anyone, but honestly. Given what has transpired over the last 24 hours, I think he should be cut some slack.

well whatever Lees reason, I'm going to let it lie- just wanted to tell you Geraldo is on fox report at 7:00 est, most likely will repeat the Lee scene and talk some more

Thank you - that is what I was trying to say...but you did it better. I think he is hurting...and that is very understandable. That memorial is premature and should not have been placed on the A's front yard. Can you imagine what must go through their heads when they have to look out and see that? Not very sensitive in my opinion. No matter how you feel about the A's.
Forget looking out the window, the reminders of Caylee are all throughout the house. (As, apparently, are several members of the team who will be trying to keep her daughter from sharing the fate she inflicted on their grandchild.)

It's not likely the Anthonys are unaware of the death in their family.

Making a public show of removing a floral tribute is thoughtless, but not unsurprising.

I have never heard of flowers as an "I told you so." I wouldn't have put it past some of the former protestors, who were confrontational, to carry a sign actually announcing, "I TOLD YOU SO," but flowers convey a much different sentiment.

What would have been the harm in leaving the flowers, for Lee?

PS--according to all the documents, it was his sister who accused him of incest. That rumor wasn't started by a detractor or anyone leaving a memorial.

actually the allegations of incest were being thrown around here and by LP long before we saw it in the docs.

OK I will give Lee this one. People should already have learned they are not allowed to set foot on A fam's lawn for any reason especially to leave things behind.

I have no doubt when the FBI clears the scene where the remains were discovered, it will fill up quickly with memorial items which the fam will have no jurisdiction over to touch. That will be entirely up to the property owner.

Yes. Without knowing who left the flowers (and I'll bet he doesn't know, either), what is the harm in honoring the memory of his niece?

He knows the media is camped out at the house. He put on a little show of removing the memorial flowers, which could just as easily have been done later tonight after the news cameras left.

His statement has been heard loud and clear, and it does not speak well of him.

I don't think he should have to worry about any of that nor have to explain it. If he was making some kind of statement, it may not even be close to what some may think. It could have been a very personal one.

I have never heard of flowers as an "I told you so." I wouldn't have put it past some of the former protestors, who were confrontational, to carry a sign actually announcing, "I TOLD YOU SO," but flowers convey a much different sentiment.

What would have been the harm in leaving the flowers, for Lee?

PS--according to all the documents, it was his sister who accused him of incest. That rumor wasn't started by a detractor or anyone leaving a memorial.

With all due respect, that rumor/discussion was rampant on this board long before we ever saw it in the docs...

Exactly. I mean the people around there have been pretty rough on the Anthony's and now he is supposed to make nice nice with them because he has been almost proven wrong?
I think these people should go put memorials over on Suburban and get away from the Anthony home. Why does everyone keep going there like it is an attraction? We are going to have another murder and a suicide on our hands if the media and all the looky loos don't get out of there pretty soon. This is a living nightmare.

I agree, it's horrible. I can totally understand Lee's anger. The public has attacked and criticized this family for months. While I understand that the memorial was meant as a sympathetic gesture, I'm sure it doesn't feel that way to the Anthonys. I wish people would just leave them alone and, even more, I wish the media would back off. It's unbelievable what these people have been put through for our entertainment.

I don't understand him because it was left at Caylee's residence for Caylee. Lee lives at a rental home a few blocks away. He removed himself from the circus his family created when forced to give DNA. Is this latest action throwing his hat back into the center ring? Destroying an obvious act of kindness is pale compared to some of the other stunts. But to do it in front of Gerry and his cameras is another monumental act of stupidity if he intends to keep laying low.

I reckon that young Anthony feller just re-upped

I understand that leaving a memorial may have been what someone needed to do. But the choice of timing and location were not well-thought out. Let's face it - with little Caylee in heaven...she could "see" a memorial no matter where it was. But unfortunately, putting it where they did, the entire Anthony family had to look at it - and at a very difficult time. Also - without a formal id, isn't a cross memorial just a tad bit premature?

This doesn't belong here and I don't know how to start a new thread but I swear I just heard on Fox Orlando that the meter reader that stumbled upon Caylee last name is GONZALEZ.

Talk about Karma!

(I so hope I heard that right!)

I'm going with, simply, Lee has every right to do what he chooses to do. We cannot read his mind as to the "why's" of it or if there was a reason he didn't have to share to anyone, but honestly. Given what has transpired over the last 24 hours, I think he should be cut some slack.
You mean because the baby he hoped would still be alive has most likely been found as skeletal remains with duct tape on her mouth? That?
I am truly amazed that he didn't honor the feelings of the people that have treated him with such kindness by hanging around his family's house trying to get on TV for the last few months. What was he thinking?</sarcasm>

I am with you OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member