Lee wants to sit in courtroom during trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why Lee wants to come, he wasn't at the hearings...unless he had to testify. I'm curious now.

Wouldn't GA and CA have told Lee everything that happened??

I would think that when GA and CA learned "six weeks ago" what the DT planning on doing, they would have told LA at that time what they had learned.

I can't see how Lee could avoid not knowing what JB accused both him and his father of doing in his opening statement. Certainly George and Cindy would tell Lee how devastated they are after JB's opening statement.

I think Lee wanting to be excused from sequestration is so he can be there to support his parents. I can't see him continuing to support his sister in light of the accusations that are now out there.

What I don't understand is how can GA and CA sit in trial all day long, how are they supporting themselves since they are not working, how are the bills getting paid... And now Lee wants to sit there all day, I guess he isn't working either.

I'm not sure how I feel about LA's wanting to be in the courtroom. I was hoping he was gainfully employed and saving up money for his wedding so this is disappointing from that perspective.
He's not next of Kin and CA and GA have each other and their lawyer. Maybe it's an act of family solidarity to force ICA to plea? Can she even plea out mid trial?
I'll have to think this through.

Perhaps Lee wants to give his mom a big ole hug after she testifies and vice versa. Casey seems to enjoy watching the family unit hug it out ..*snorts*

I did a search under "luka" and found posts that he's been making the rounds on NG and other shows, as a guest. But I see nothing that indicates he is still Lee's attorney.

I haven't read ahead..so I apologize if it's been posted alread

Thomas Luka was on Nancy Grace on May 25, 2011(Missed That, but no mention of filing a Motion)
http://www.edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/25/ng.01.html
snipped

GRACE: To Thomas Luka, a very well-known lawyer in the Orlando area. He is representing Lee in this case -- Lee, who has also been dragged through the mud, tot mom alluding that he molested her.

And let me point out to everybody, DNA tests were run on Caylee, and Lee or George Anthony are not the father. Thomas, is Lee trying to just function under the radar during all this? What do you make so far of both the state and the defense strategy?

THOMAS LUKA, ATTORNEY FOR LEE ANTHONY: Well, I can tell you Mr. Anthony is looking forward to having his day in court and testifying, I believe for both the state and the defense.

As far as the state`s case, they`re going about it in a very methodical way that I would expect. However, I did not expect the -- probably the boldest defense strategy I`ve ever heard before, and I think that`s what we have here. Now, whether they can prove it or not, that`s -- we have to wait and see what happens later on in this trial.

I think, though, probably the most damaging to this family is going to be when Casey herself takes the stand, and is going to have to in detail go through each and every one of these allegations that Jose Baez made yesterday in court.
-----------------------------------

Thomas Luka said in the last line "when Casey takes the Stand"
Nejame has been saying for weeks Casey will take the Stand

And your question got me thinking and it's off topic somewhat but no one has ever come forward to state Caylee was involved in any type of toddler activities such as kids library groups, play school groups, early learning groups, Sunday school since ICA claims she is religious and CA says they go to church.

Now back to Lee. Would ICA leave Caylee with him if she was abused, even touched on her breasts by him? Would she even allow him within spitting distance of Caylee especially since CA refused to believe her stories of Lee abusing her and called ICA a *advertiser censored*? Yet, ICA and Lee have high fives slaps outside the parole office doors with huge grins on each others faces and mouth "I love you's" in a court hearing as would intimate lovers do in restrauants.

It's possible that Casey never left Caylee alone with Lee, someone else was always around. There is also the fact that Caylee was way too young to have breasts, so Casey was not worried that Lee would molest Caylee until she had matured several more years.
For some reason I don't have a hard time believing that Lee actually did touch Casey's breasts. They have always seemed to me a little TOO close, which happens very often when there are only two children in a family and being of opposite sex. I just have never trusted Lee, he's always been a little creepy, IMO.

I have to admit..
Lee is the one I've always thought would do the right thing for Caylee, but I am worried because of Nick Savage's deposition. Nick says that when he went to talk to Lee about the sexual abuse allegations, Lee told him that he would talk about it when the time is right, and then he denied the FBI DNA.

Baez is going to turn all that around and use it against Lee including(though it is not evidence in court) that Lee was the one who didn't want to take a poly and convinced the parents not to take one also...IMO

Who knows what he meant. It could be possible he didnt believe what was being told to him. I dont think even Lee thought ICA would turn it on the family.I think especially the DT took what Lee said out of context. I dont think it was meant the way it sounded. I personally dont believe Lee did anything to ICA. I think the only thing he is guilty of is trusting a sister who in return stabbed him in the back so to speak. :twocents:

I wonder if he wants to take that :highfive: back

I don't recall him having a bad relationship with his parents in the past? I would think that he wouldn't be happy with KC right about now. Didn't he warn one of KC's friends about her right after he learned Caylee went missing?

Yes..It was either Amy or Annie, I think, he told that person to not lie for ICA to tell the truth..something about protecting themselves

NO LINKS YET this morning
l've looked around and so far none of the local media have put up a link the the newscast last night or any article...when they reported Lee's attorney was filing a motion to be excused from the rule of sequestration.

What I don't understand is how can GA and CA sit in trial all day long, how are they supporting themselves since they are not working, how are the bills getting paid... And now Lee wants to sit there all day, I guess he isn't working either.

If I had a grandchild or niece murdered, I would sit in the trial every single day until justice was served. How could GA, CA and LA not be there? Of course, employers would give time off for this!

CA has been on medical disability. LA has continued to work. I am not sure about GA.

I have been disgusted at the behavior of this family, but in the hearing earlier this spring, LA seemed to tell the truth and help the state's case. When CA took the stand last week, she told the truth and helped the state. However they have behaved, I think we would all agree that they are grieving and are now seeing ICA as she is - at least maybe a little bit. I think LA wants to sit in the courtroom after Friday's testimony by TL about ICA saying LA attempted to molest her.
JMO

If Lee gets on the stand and starts his inappropriate giggles and laughter, he is not going to be doing ICA any favors....The Jury will be appalled just we were. That's real risky, IMO:banghead::crazy:

I just can't imagine why he wants to be there.....other than that he may write a book...

I am hoping that LA wants to be there for Caylee.

I wonder why this change of heart?

No change of heart -- Lee was not part of the petition the Anthony's atty filed with the Court. I am sure legally he will have to petition to WATCH the trial since he is a Witness . . . just as WESH is reporting.

Perhaps Lee wants to give his mom a big ole hug after she testifies and vice versa. Casey seems to enjoy watching the family unit hug it out ..*snorts*

Or could it be, his mother and father told him, and he can't quite believe it is as bad as they are saying and wants to witness Baez for himself. It does not have the same impact (although bad) as hearing it first hand. moo

I do not think Lee will testify to anything that may result in his sister receiving the death penalty. He will try to answer questions as best he can but I think he will come across as George did - a little combative. On the other hand, with the link posted above of the phone conversation with ICA, Lee is still trying to investigate and is being given info about Zanny. He has always known of her lies and how she manipulated her parents. I can't say this is the way these siblings acted toward one another, but my son didn't look to his sister as he would another female - sister is a different breed. I think he will deny any sexual conduct but will talk about her always being an amazing mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288