Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince estate administrator denies plan to sell Paisley Park

12 hours ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The administrator of Prince's estate says it is not planning to sell Paisley Park, one day after asking a judge for permission to offer several Prince properties for sale.

A court filing on Friday had included Paisley Park, Prince's home and recording complex, among a list of properties that could be sold...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...--Prince-Estate/?cid=featuredent_media_Prince

Prince estate administrator denies plan to sell Paisley Park

12 hours ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The administrator of Prince's estate says it is not planning to sell Paisley Park, one day after asking a judge for permission to offer several Prince properties for sale.

A court filing on Friday had included Paisley Park, Prince's home and recording complex, among a list of properties that could be sold...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...--Prince-Estate/?cid=featuredent_media_Prince
Happy to hear that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am still so sad that it makes no sense ....I really want some purple rain boots. he didn't have to die, I just cant shake the feeling that he really wanted to though, and that's whats so awful!

Prince fans to get brief peek inside Paisley Park
City tables rezoning request for museum

By MADISON PARK , CNN

Posted: 1:43 AM, October 05, 2016
Updated: 2:19 AM, October 05, 2016

(CNN) - Paisley Park, the home and recording studio of Prince, will open to the public this week.

But let's not go crazy -- the venue will be welcoming guests for a very limited time.
More Entertainment Headlines

Paisley Park tours had been scheduled to begin Thursday and operate daily. But those plans have been scaled back significantly and the tours will be held for just three days -- Thursday, Saturday and then on Friday, October 14.

That schedule is thanks to a temporary agreement with the city of Chanhassen, where the site is located...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entertainment/paisley-park-tours-to-get-limited-run

A friend sent me a link today for Get Off, just recently added to youtube.

Warning: you may need a towel and a ciggie after watching this ;P

[video=youtube;7uP6sragRoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uP6sragRoE[/video]

*fans self*

A friend sent me a link today for Get Off, just recently added to youtube.

Warning: you may need a towel and a ciggie after watching this ;P

[video=youtube;7uP6sragRoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uP6sragRoE[/video]

*fans self*
Ah thank you. Time for cold shower. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Investigation: The DEA slowed enforcement while the opioid epidemic grew out of control
By Lenny Bernstein and Scott Higham, The Washington Post
October 22

Screenshot 2016-10-24 at 12.59.27 PM.png

[...]

“We got so frustrated, I finally told my group, ‘We’re not going to send any cases up to headquarters,’ ” said Chaney, who retired in 2013. “In 25 years, I had never seen anything like it. It was one of the reasons I left. Morale was terrible. I couldn’t get anything done. It was almost like being invisible.”

[...]

It was from James H. Dinan, then-chief of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces program at the Justice Department. Dinan worked with then-Deputy Attorney General James M. Cole, the second-most-powerful Justice Department official after Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.

Rannazzisi said Dinan told him: “We’re getting calls from attorneys, former Justice people, that are saying you guys are doing some enforcement action.”

Rannazzisi said he told Dinan that warrants for Cardinal records had already been served.

Among the attorneys representing Cardinal at the time were two former deputy attorneys general, Jamie S. Gorelick, who served in the Clinton administration, and Craig S. Morford, who served in the George W. Bush administration. Both contacted the DEA, records show.

Gorelick did not respond to requests for an interview. Morford declined to comment. Instead, Cardinal referred questions to Barber, the former DEA associate chief counsel in charge of diversion litigation, who joined the law firm Quarles & Brady and is now representing distributors.

Barber told The Post that there was nothing unusual about Morford contacting the agency.

[...]
That summer, lobbying by the pharmaceutical industry intensified on Capitol Hill. Several members of Congress, led by Reps. Tom Marino (R-Pa.) and Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), were proposing a measure that critics said would undercut the DEA’s ability to hold drug distributors accountable.

Four major players lobbied heavily in favor of the legislation, called the Ensuring Patient Access and Effective Drug Enforcement Act. Together, McKesson, AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal and the distributors’ association, the Healthcare Distribution Alliance, spent $13 million lobbying House and Senate members and their staffs on the legislation and other issues between 2014 and 2016, according a Post analysis of lobbying records.

In July 2014, Rannazzisi was asked to explain his opposition to the bill in a conference call with congressional staffers.

“I said, ‘This bill passes the way it’s written we won’t be able to get immediate suspension orders, we won’t be able to stop the hemorrhaging of these drugs out of these bad pharmacies and these bad corporations,’ ” Rannazzisi recalled telling them. “ ‘What you’re doing is filing a bill that will protect defendants in our cases.’ ”

His remarks enraged Marino, the chairman of the House Judiciary subcommittee on regulatory reform."

[...]

BBM

For some things, like a growing the free flow of opiates, public servants are prepared to cross all kinds of lines it seems to drive their point home.

Clinton outpaces rivals in drug company donations
Reuters,
6/16

Rep. Marino supports Trump.

Afghanistan opium production up 43% - UN drugs watchdog
BBCNEWS
23 October 2016

Screenshot 2016-10-24 at 1.22.07 PM.png

[video=youtube;CDnE2eMwmiY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDnE2eMwmiY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online