Leonard Gonzalez Jr.

Discussion in 'Byrd and Melanie Billings' started by passionflower, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Lindadanette

Lindadanette Active Member

LPG Sr has a brother in Georgia, Richard is his name. :)

2. RiverPirate

RiverPirate New Member

Seems logical that even Jr. would care about his wife and kids. Question may come down to does he fry, or does his talking keep him out of the chair?

3. Maggie22

Maggie22 New Member

Gotta go to work, will look at reports later.

4. Maggie22

Maggie22 New Member

5. pinkinablueworld

pinkinablueworld Well-Known Member

"Regina Gonzalez reported that she was the sister of LGSr and advised that she wanted to make sure that LE was aware LPGJr has a brother in Atlanta, GA and due to the closeness of the brothers feels that if Jr is involved his brother, Richard Gonzalez, is likely involved as well." She also provided his Atlanta telephone number.

6. Solomisskitty

Solomisskitty Inactive

7. megamami

megamami New Member

I wonder if this is related to the case or something that was done in jail?

8. 4Kat

4Kat New Member

According to the online court records, this happened while he was in jail.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=61281808

The offense occurred 9/26/09. Arrest date is 10/15/09.
    Charge: Aggravated Battery Person uses a deadly weapon.

I wonder what happened?

9. megamami

megamami New Member

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_4618.shtml

According to this video, where the news anchors are summarizing the information and interviews from the recent document dump, Hugh Wiggins testified that Gonzalez Jr. may have been involved in a Gulf Breeze Robbery.

I remember when www.ricksblog.biz was also reporting info (buzz) about that.

Those interviews also consistently point to Jr. as the planner and the shooter. Thornton (the 19 yo) said Jr. said that Thornton and his family would be killed if Thornton said anything about the murder/robbery.

Jr. claims his dad has brain damage but his dad's interview seems pretty clear and truthful compared to the snippets I have seen of Jr.'s interviews.

10. RiverPirate

RiverPirate New Member

I know there was at least one bank robbery in GB in which the suspect wore a black ninja type disguise. I'm pretty sure there was actually 2 GB bank robberies w the black ninja garb.

11. Solomisskitty

Solomisskitty Inactive

See http://ricksblog.biz/ - July 27th - he did report on 2 bank robberies.

12. pbee

pbee New Member

Often the deadly weapons charge results when a "martial arts expert" hits someone.

13. Solomisskitty

Solomisskitty Inactive

Can any local get the info on this incident since it happened inside the jail?

14. NSC

NSC Former Member

I read on the PNJ comments. The new charges that LPG faces are due to Mark Turner bringing charges on him for his attempted home invasion or whatever you want to call it. I am not certain if this is the case but it sure would explain where those charges came from!!!

15. NSC

NSC Former Member

A few of us were exploring this idea. However, I think his charges would be more serious and on a federal level. Not to mention if you check where LPG is housed, it is in a low risk section of the prison. Which is VERY strange. This open bay or something similar. Anyway, if LPG goes nuts on a prisoner and injures them it opens up ESCO for a giant law-suit for him around the low risk inmates. I don't know this is something I have been explained by someone who knows and understands that jail. I don't think his new charges are the jailhouse but possibly from the Mark Turner case.

16. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

I don't know how it could be related to M. Turner. The offense date is when Jr. was in jail and he never attacked M. Turner with anything, IIRC.

17. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

Patrick Gonzalez Jr., the man believed to have killed Byrd and Melanie Billings during a home invasion, has been charged with stabbing a fellow inmate in Escambia County Jail.

Gonzalez, jailed since July, following the home invasion and killing of the couple, has been charged with aggravated assault for stabbing a fellow inmate with a pencil.

(snipped)

http://pnj.com/article/20091022/NEWS01/91022021

hopefully, they'll put up the arrest report

18. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

19. Solomisskitty

Solomisskitty Inactive

Let's see now, LPG, Jr. attacked a female officer when he was confined in Santa Rosa County, I've heard he sent 5 inmates to the infirmary when they all jumped him during a previous incarceration in Escambia Co., now a pencil stabbing while in jail. With his penchant for violence and as well spoken as he seems to be, it makes sense that he could convince the other suspects that if they did not go along for the ride that their families' and personal safeties' were all at risk - if not from outsiders then from Patrick himself.

20. megamami

megamami New Member

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_s...vid_4646.shtml
    Wiggins Interrogation Reveals More About Gonzalez's Past

"The man who gave authorities inside information about the murders of Bud and Melanie Billings says the alleged trigger man, Patrick Gonzalez, Junior, also robbed a local bank, and may have committed other crimes"

Hugh Wiggins alleges Gonz Jr. buried a body and tried to take down a coke dealer but police never confirm.