Leslie Van Houten up for parole again

I think LVH should stay exactly where she is..

The Manson crimes are what initially sparked my interest in the (somewhat morbid) true crime area.

Is she remorseful? Who knows..
Does she think daily of why she is where she is? Probably..

She took part in a horrific crime, and those affected can't be bought back so I think LVH should rot in jail until she herself passes away..

Life should be for life and the death penalty should have been given back to them when CA reinstated the death penalty..

This is all my opinion only :)

Yes, keep her inside even though Manson killer Steve Grogan, who participated in the Shorty Shea murder, has been released - Lord only knows why. If she is still alive when she's 90, I can imagine her generating some sympathy.

Manson was arrested here in Peoria, IL during 1949 when he was caught burglarizing a local Chevrolet dealership. In a recent letter to a Peoria Journal Star reporter, he said that he had fond memories of this town; saying it wasn't too big but big enough to get lost in.:waiting:

:
I've read that she has had several offers of employment, from her lawyers' offices and from friends of her family. This has been cited and backed up at the earlier parole hearings. Also--though this certainly doesn't guarantee a job--she has earned a bachelor's and (I think) a master's degree in prison. She also has organized and managed several service and educational groups inside Frontera.
Maybe I'm just a mean witch, but.....seriously??? Any Manson member out in the world?? And Grogan loose in an open-air asylum of his old friends??:slap:

Yes, keep her inside even though Manson killer Steve Grogan, who participated in the Shorty Shea murder, has been released - Lord only knows why. If she is still alive when she's 90, I can imagine her generating some sympathy.

Manson was arrested here in Peoria, IL during 1949 when he was caught burglarizing a local Chevrolet dealership. In a recent letter to a Peoria Journal Star reporter, he said that he had fond memories of this town; saying it wasn't too big but big enough to get lost in.:waiting:

Thanks, Stan, for that little anecdote -- not exactly endearing but a weird (of course) tidbit. Cray-cray then, cray-cray now. Peoria, huh? WTH was he doing up there? Thanks for the little bit!

Thanks, Stan, for that little anecdote -- not exactly endearing but a weird (of course) tidbit. Cray-cray then, cray-cray now. Peoria, huh? WTH was he doing up there? Thanks for the little bit!

If I remember correctly, he came through here with a buddy after they bolted from a Indiana reform (approved) school.

Many years ago, just after this crime occurred, I happened to work with a young woman who had gone to school with Leslie Van Houten. The young woman stated, " I don't know what happened to Leslie. She must have just gotten in with the wrong crowd."

Understatement of the century!!!

:
Maybe I'm just a mean witch, but.....seriously??? Any Manson member out in the world?? And Grogan loose in an open-air asylum of his old friends??:slap:

Exactly. They should never see any day of freedom. :stormingmad:

It all depends on what the people of California feel the prison system should be doing.

If rehabilitation is truly what prisons are designed to do, then after enough time has been served for punishment, they (parole board representing the people's interest ) must decide if LVH is truly rehabilitated. If so the she is granted parole.

In my opinion it is safe to say since she was going to be executed her prison term should life without parole because rehabilitation was never an option. The only option was punishment for life. No matter if the state takes her life or she dies in prison.

Leslie is the poster child for why deprogrammers ought to be encouraged and government funded, rather than jailed for kidnapping. She could be anyone's teenaged daughter, sucked into something bigger than she was. With horrendous results all round.

I think she ought to stay in prison - for reasons stated by Trish above. Leslie narrowly avoided the death penalty via red tape, and therefore her punishment ought to be life no parole.

free leslie!
¿¿¿¿ qué ????
I don't know where to begin with your post. The possible healthy & articulate responses, not to mention pejoratives, are so vast & endless they make me giddy. And I'm not ruling out psychological encouragement either.

Let me make myself clear:

free your mind, not Leslie

Leslie Van Houten should never be released from prison. It's bad enough that Steve Grogan aka Clem was released. Susan Atkins died in prison as she should have. None of the Manson "Family" members involved in these and other murders should ever be released.

Leslie Van Houten should never be released from prison. It's bad enough that Steve Grogan aka Clem was released. Susan Atkins died in prison as she should have. None of the Manson "Family" members involved in these and other murders should ever be released.

I agree. They were originally sentenced to death and should be thanking their lucky stars every day that they are still breathing. A luxury none of their victims have.

Leslie is where she deserves to be I'd say. Anytime you have a hand, knowingly, in taking a life it's unforgivable. She should spend the rest of her life in prison. She was extremely attractive back when she was following Charlie around. I'm almost surprised she would get involved with the guy. I guess that goes to show you what a sweet talker Manson really was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't Grogan released because he's borderline retarded or something? Makes you wonder why the Governor of California intervened to have Bruce Davis' parole overturned after his parole was actually approved. How is Clem any different? Something is fishy there.

Leslie is the poster child for why deprogrammers ought to be encouraged and government funded, rather than jailed for kidnapping. She could be anyone's teenaged daughter, sucked into something bigger than she was. With horrendous results all round.

I think she ought to stay in prison - for reasons stated by Trish above. Leslie narrowly avoided the death penalty via red tape, and therefore her punishment ought to be life no parole.

Leslie was actually released from prison for several months back in 1977 while she was being retried after winning an appeal. She was, from what I've heard, a model citizen during that time. Kind of the ultimate tease to be released then once again convicted and sentenced to life.

Many years ago, just after this crime occurred, I happened to work with a young woman who had gone to school with Leslie Van Houten. The young woman stated, " I don't know what happened to Leslie. She must have just gotten in with the wrong crowd."
Even falling in with the wrong crowd is bad enough, she still must have had a vicious & remorseless psyche to do what she did. They should have been executed.

How easy to say 'yes, I did all of that horrific stuff, took an unborn baby's life by stabbing it to death in utero, but I'm older now & I somewhat regret my youthful indiscretion'

At the very least, LWOP.

I don't know if the parole board does this, but then I don't know why these vicious cretins should ever have a hearing-listen to Watson & Atkins' description of HOW they committed those murders. I went back & re-read them. It's so horrible that its obscene that these are still alive. It's unfortunate that the state of Texas couldn't keep Watson there & hang him, preferably with a very long rope.

Many years ago, just after this crime occurred, I happened to work with a young woman who had gone to school with Leslie Van Houten. The young woman stated, "I don't know what happened to Leslie. She must have just gotten in with the wrong crowd."

I believe it. Looking back at old photos of Leslie it really makes you wonder. How did it all come to be? She doesn't seem to have any indicators in her background that would forecast such behavior. It was probably all done on impulse. Who knows. What she saw in someone like Charlie I'll never know.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373663900.409924.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth