Let's Hear it for George!

All I know is George has seen the light, the horrible light that it is. Let's not forget all the books he read to Caylee, all the songs they sang together, all the times he pulled her around the neighborhood in a wagon, all the times they sat outside watching the stars, all the times in the pool, all the stories he read to her, kisses he gave her, and times he tucked her into bed. CAYLEE WAS GEORGE'S SUNSHINE. He's not perfect, but his love for Caylee was great and real. How difficult to deal with the fact that his daughter snuffed out her beautiful light? How could he have NOT gone crazy or been in denial? He wore her colors today in court and wiped his hands clean of Casey. Good for him.

It has seemed to me that George has been on trial, not Casey. This man has been stripped bare and accused of everything from child molestation to sex with that lowlife River/Krystal. Yes, he has finally seen the light and freed himself from Casey's toxicity. His own daughter has sacrificed EVERYONE she ever pretended to love. I think that when he saw that Casey was willing to do that to him, Cindy, Lee, and Caylee, he saw her as almost "devil spawn." As a grandparent, I think that there is no purer love than that between a grandparent and grandchild. George obviously had that pure love with Caylee.

The biggest question I had these last 3 years, the one that has bothered me the most and the one thing I thought that could have been the *only* thing in danger of sinking the SA's case was this: Why didn't he call 911 IMMEDIATELY when he got the car from the tow yard that day?

Now I have that answer, and I feel it is so truthful, and that it makes everything sit right with me- insofar as making sense of what he did. When he opened the trunk, smelled the smell, yet saw with his eyeballs neither the inmate nor sweet Caylee was inside, he truly was relieved that the worst in his mind hadn't happened. I can understand that the sickening fear and dread that he was about to find either his daughter or his granddaughter gripped him by the guts- and it was almost a break from reality in terms of how your brain in that state can be so overwhelmed. He was literally in the mode of trying to reconcile that his eyes did not see his loved ones inside, yet he still couldn't truly believe the fact that his nose was still telling him to be alarmed.

I don't know if I am explaining this right or if anybody understands what I mean. I guess the closest way I can put it might be this- if you have ever lost someone you loved so, so deeply and it's still raw... When you go to sleep at night you are a mess with grief and pain. The next morning comes and for that briefest of seconds right before you open your eyes you haven't yet remembered the loss and you feel normal. Maybe even happy. Then the nanosecond is over and you remember the one you love is gone from you, and it all comes flooding back again in waves of grief.

I truly believe now that when GA saw the empty trunk, that ride home in perfect denial was his moment of "not remembering" so to speak. When pain is too great, our brain protects us by shutting off from reality, at least for a while, though deep down inside we can't truly convince ourselves everything is alright.

I get it, George. I finally understand.

God bless you. I hope you find great comfort and peace in knowing you did the right thing today and yesterday, not only for yourself, but for the rest of your family and granddaughter. I cried with you on the stand yesterday for what you went through. Take care of yourself, friend.

I understand your post. It is both sad and beautiful and brought tears to my eyes just as GA's major turn around did. As for your last paragraph, I am in complete agreement. Peace

Did you notice as George was walking in and glaring at Baez , Baez took a step back? That part is AWESOME!

I'm going to be sending him a letter & card - I have this overwhelming urge to do so and to thank him and reassure him that he did the right thing.
I hope he can finally heal now.

Way to go, George!

A couple of days ago one of the talking heads said it was pretty clear the only people in the courtroom there for Caylee were the three prosecutors. Well, the defense has rested and I think it is safe to say that George was there for Caylee. His grief, anguish, and love were palpable. JA got the question out that GA no longer believes ICA had nothing to do with Caylee's death. It was objected to but GA did not deny it. Today, George came to the stand in a purple shirt and tie, and once again was there for his granddaughter.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html

He enters at 2:00 and walks by JB and looks like he could deck him.

He leaves the stand around 14:00, and as he does he clearly washes his hands of his daughter.

His suicide note speaks volumes...he was devastated for the loss of his granddaughter who was thrown out like trash by his daughter, who he also loved and tried to help.

I really really think George did right by Caylee in this trial and I give him my utmost respect and thanks.

Thank you for posting this!

I am always interested to see how Casey is reacting.

Watch at the 2:50:00 mark as George is called up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/weshtv#p/l/0/HmKTicpzCHI

I think GA and his wife have a long road of healing ahead of them.

Although I can't say that I particularily find them likeable enough to be inspired to befriend either of them if I met them face to face I would respect their privacy.

I think that's what GA needs is privacy to heal. No media, no interviews, no books. Just time to adjust fully to a life without Caylee.

I don't blame either of KC's parents for what she did to Caylee. I don't blame George. I have a feeling that George is going to be blaming himself and thinking---what if--if only--until he draws his last breath. He just strikes me as a person that would do that.

I just hope that he steps away and has time to heal enough to know that Caylee knew during her short time on earth how very much her Grandfather loved her. But even if he doesn't step away, I still hope he heals. That's just me though. JMHO

Baez is a lucky man that George didn't follow through with what was apparently on his mind in that video. JMHO

I guess I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. I believe that GA had an affair with River Cruz or whatever her name is. And I'm sorry but I have a big problem with George chasing skirt while his granddaughter Caylee is missing and possibly dead. He reportedly was over at River's place over a dozen times, while he was supposed to be looking for his granddaughter. Am I the only one here that finds that disturbing??? Who could carry on an affair after what he smelled in the trunk of his daughter's car and with his granddaughter missing. Then with reports of decomp and the death band on the hair folicle in the trunk pointing to Caylee being in the trunk and dead, George was a sheriff for 10 years........ "come on" (as Casey would say). I'm sorry guy's I'm having a problem with this.

Wow guys, after a busy day with an end of month deadline, I'm so thankful for those of you who literally spelled out the events, complete with videos and minute markings! I so very much enjoyed watching GA wash his hands, and JB looked scared. Really!

All I know is George has seen the light, the horrible light that it is. Let's not forget all the books he read to Caylee, all the songs they sang together, all the times he pulled her around the neighborhood in a wagon, all the times they sat outside watching the stars, all the times in the pool, all the stories he read to her, kisses he gave her, and times he tucked her into bed. CAYLEE WAS GEORGE'S SUNSHINE. He's not perfect, but his love for Caylee was great and real. How difficult to deal with the fact that his daughter snuffed out her beautiful light? How could he have NOT gone crazy or been in denial? He wore her colors today in court and wiped his hands clean of Casey. Good for him.
SindyBill,
Well said.......
I'm also proud of George. He let everyone know that his love and devotion and concern are with little Caylee....not ica.
I hope George knows in his heart he did the right thing today. I hope somehow his heart feels a little lighter.

I'm not going to totally praise George until the penalty part is over and we get to hear what he says. He really testified on Caylee's behalf though and didn't help Casey. I don't call something an "affair" when a couple of women with dubious pasts seek out a person and make the initial contact during a high profile case. It seems much more like a con than any affair, and I'd bet anything that if there was sex involved there would be video tapes. Oh, that's right, showing video tapes was threatened at one time. They should both be in jail, IMO. I hope the law watches every move they make from now on and nails them if they even run a red light.

When he opened the trunk, smelled the smell, yet saw with his eyeballs neither the inmate nor sweet Caylee was inside, he truly was relieved that the worst in his mind hadn't happened. I can understand that the sickening fear and dread that he was about to find either his daughter or his granddaughter gripped him by the guts- and it was almost a break from reality in terms of how your brain in that state can be so overwhelmed. He was literally in the mode of trying to reconcile that his eyes did not see his loved ones inside, yet he still couldn't truly believe the fact that his nose was still telling him to be alarmed.

ITA

I don't know if I am explaining this right or if anybody understands what I mean. I guess the closest way I can put it might be this- if you have ever lost someone you loved so, so deeply and it's still raw... When you go to sleep at night you are a mess with grief and pain. The next morning comes and for that briefest of seconds right before you open your eyes you haven't yet remembered the loss and you feel normal. Maybe even happy. Then the nanosecond is over and you remember the one you love is gone from you, and it all comes flooding back again in waves of grief.

I think you put this beautifully. It brought back some still raw emotion from a loss I experienced a year ago, and I can still feel that next morning feeling intensely, especially reading this. I wanted nothing more than to be blissfully unconscious again.

I have been amazingly fortunate to never lose a loved one to violence, let alone have another loved one suspected of committing the murder. I cannot even begin to imagine GA's situation.

When pain is too great, our brain protects us by shutting off from reality, at least for a while, though deep down inside we can't truly convince ourselves everything is alright.

Bingo. It's one of the ways we cope and keep getting up every day despite that morning realization you described so well.

I get it, George. I finally understand.

God bless you. I hope you find great comfort and peace in knowing you did the right thing today and yesterday, not only for yourself, but for the rest of your family and granddaughter. I cried with you on the stand yesterday for what you went through. Take care of yourself, friend.

ITA again. I sobbed so hard watching GA's breakdown on the stand (I missed it live -- I think I'm glad I did) that my dogs came over to comfort me. If that, and his suicide note, don't clearly show a grandfather in immense grief, then nothing would. None of us are perfect, and I personally don't care one whit what bad behaviors or mistakes GA may have made in his past. With this testimony he became a true HERO, and I fervently hope that other fathers and grandfathers and those with losses similar to his will rally round him in the coming weeks, months, and years and remind him constantly that he can now hold his head very, very high. Someone finally had enough of the lies and the underhanded tactics and stood up for Caylee. I am proud of GA, and he deserves to be proud of himself.

I'm bumping cause I feel like it and will continue to bump, as I personally feel jojo is in Caylee's corner.

how this loss has weighed on him! i hope he is able to find effective therapy/counseling to help him through all of this. while we can look back and say he did well today, he is right now probably second-guessing himself and feeling bad for reliving all this all over again. he may wash his hands of casey, but she is still his daughter and he still must be feeling loads of emotions all at once. i feel for him so much right now, tears are streaming down my face. he is not a model citizen and he has made lots of mistakes, but right now i just see him as a flawed human (aren't we all) whose heart bleeds for his granddaughter and the way her life was ended by his own daughter.

ITA. As I read more of GA's depo and other statements along the way, saw the videos of him with Caylee, and then listened to him throughout this trial when he talks about Caylee, I have seen so much of my own father with my nieces when they were young. My heart has bled for GA these last few days.

I truly believe he was the "stand up guy" in this case.. EXCEPT when it came to River Cruz or whatever name she prefers...

Just watching his face, it was clear that he lied about the affair... if he was really there for Caylee, he should have manned up to his mistake and admitted it..

I believe the jurors would forgive him this indiscretion IF they could have seen what we all saw.. however I don't think they get the close ups that we do and get to see the small changes in his facial expressions when he is lieing and when he is telling the truth..

I don't blame him for lying and I understand it.. BUT when it comes to justice for his grandbaby... come on.. take the fall.. man up..

Yes, I think it's unfortunate that he lied about River, as the jury may not believe other parts of his testimony, now. That said, I don't think they believe for one second that he disposed of Caylee's body or had anything to do with her death. Despite the whole River thing, I am really proud of George, because he's the only one in that family that eventually stood up for Caylee.

I have so much compassion for him. Not only is he grieving the loss of his granddaughter, but he is grieving the loss of his life as he knew it....his family is no longer the way it was. It might not have been perfect, but it was torn away nonetheless. I am sure he grieves for the daughter he ONCE had, and I am sure it is enormously difficult to reconcile the daughter he raised from birth to the monster that she is today.

I don't care one bit if George or Cindy get on the stand to beg for their daughter's life. How could they not do that? Clearly there is something terribly wrong with Casey, but she is still their daughter and she is almost certainly going to prison for a long time, if not for life without parole or to await the death penalty. What matters is testifying in this phase of the trial and telling the truth about the car and other matters so that there would be justice for Caylee. Actually, I give all three Anthonys great respect for sitting in that courtroom, listening to the evidence and going through what Baez put them through--up and down, day after day, getting grilled on the most intimate and painful and (in some cases) untrue aspects of their lives. They are in an impossible position, and of course they know that they have taken a beating in the court of public opinion, best observed on the internet, for years now. George of course has born the brunt of it because Baez was trying to frame him. But he has been there all day, every day.

For all that some people claim that Cindy and George "made" Casey what she is by enabling her, by having a dysfunctional household, I say she was born that way. She's really barely out of high school. Who plots to murder her own child? Who tries to hide it and go on a partying spree for a month? Whatever faults George and Cindy might have, they got into middle age without murdering anyone, and there is every evidence that they worked hard and tried to do right by their granddaughter. And Lee seems confused and wounded but a decent sort. Maybe some of the dysfunction in that house has to do with trying to raise a psychopath without understanding that was their situation. I think George may understand that now. And isn't it ironic that his suicide note might be the thing that really ends any chance of his being framed by the defense?

I don't care one bit if George or Cindy get on the stand to beg for their daughter's life. How could they not do that? Clearly there is something terribly wrong with Casey, but she is still their daughter and she is almost certainly going to prison for a long time, if not for life without parole or to await the death penalty. What matters is testifying in this phase of the trial and telling the truth about the car and other matters so that there would be justice for Caylee. Actually, I give all three Anthonys great respect for sitting in that courtroom, listening to the evidence and going through what Baez put them through--up and down, day after day, getting grilled on the most intimate and painful and (in some cases) untrue aspects of their lives. They are in an impossible position, and of course they know that they have taken a beating in the court of public opinion, best observed on the internet, for years now. George of course has born the brunt of it because Baez was trying to frame him. But he has been there all day, every day.

For all that some people claim that Cindy and George "made" Casey what she is by enabling her, by having a dysfunctional household, I say she was born that way. She's really barely out of high school. Who plots to murder her own child? Who tries to hide it and go on a partying spree for a month? Whatever faults George and Cindy might have, they got into middle age without murdering anyone, and there is every evidence that they worked hard and tried to do right by their granddaughter. And Lee seems confused and wounded but a decent sort. Maybe some of the dysfunction in that house has to do with trying to raise a psychopath without understanding that was their situation. I think George may understand that now. And isn't it ironic that his suicide note might be the thing that really ends any chance of his being framed by the defense?

I completely agree! I support of all the Anthonys because they are all ICA's victims. All three of them lost Caylee.

They have a dysfunctional family and are not perfect. But they are all suffering because of one person....and she is where she belongs and I hope in a few days we'll learn she'll be there for a very long time.

LWOP or death...either is fine with me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back