Let's Hear it for George!

Maybe some of the dysfunction in that house has to do with trying to raise a psychopath without understanding that was their situation.

I snipped this portion of your post. Having lived with someone like this, I can attest to its truthfulness. That person's illness caused two other members of my family to become mentally ill; one of them eventually committed suicide. Living with someone who is mentally ill permeates an entire household.

Respectfully snipped:

I'm not going to totally praise George until the penalty part is over and we get to hear what he says.

Wow, I hadn't thought about the penalty phase yet. That would be an interesting poll:
Will George make a statement to help ICA during the penalty phase?
Will he make a Victim Impact Statement about the loss of Caylee?
Will he not make a statement at all during the penalty phase?

Oh wow. I had not seen him do that with his hands. I wish him peace and happiness.

You did good for Caylee, JoJo!

I had not seen the hand wiping either, the first time.... That may be the most powerful "testimony" in this whole trial-- right up there with Dr. G and
"31 days!"

I had not seen the hand wiping either, the first time.... That may be the most powerful "testimony" in this whole trial-- right up there with Dr. G and
"31 days!"

Plus, on his way up to the stand..he stared ICA down. Some have reported he glared at Jose on his way up...but I thought it looked like he was looking toward ICA.

Go JoJo!

I don't care if he bonked ten River Cruz's at the same time. That just means he needs a 12 Step program and some Prozac. He still told the truth and it will bring justice to Caylee.

Well said. George was a flawed man...no more flawed than many of us or people we know. He was not perfect; but he was a perfect Grandpa. I hope he has good mental health coverage because he has a long road ahead of him. There will never be complete healing but he CAN go on to do good. He is a handsome man and once he gts through this hell, he can find real love. People do start over; but its a painful process.

I guess I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. I believe that GA had an affair with River Cruz or whatever her name is. And I'm sorry but I have a big problem with George chasing skirt while his granddaughter Caylee is missing and possibly dead. He reportedly was over at River's place over a dozen times, while he was supposed to be looking for his granddaughter. Am I the only one here that finds that disturbing??? Who could carry on an affair after what he smelled in the trunk of his daughter's car and with his granddaughter missing. Then with reports of decomp and the death band on the hair folicle in the trunk pointing to Caylee being in the trunk and dead, George was a sheriff for 10 years........ "come on" (as Casey would say). I'm sorry guy's I'm having a problem with this.

I don't actually disagree with many of the other comments in this thread . . . GA really did (finally!) stand up for CAYLEE yesterday instead of Casey. I'm sure it was heart breaking for him, and I'm sure it has taken an extreme emotional toll on him.

However, I still agree with you. Maybe . . . maybe he was with River as a way of escape from the horrors that had become his life. But then he got on the stand and talked SMACK about her!! I don't respect him for that. I don't really have respect for her either, but it was his lack of character that was more in question for me.

GA may have seen a little light in his life, like one clean spot in a dirty window that let in a ray of "sunshine," but his journey isn't over. If he could TRULY become an advocate for lost children, I think that would be a very suitable role for him. He's in a position to do so much for so many people, and it would heal his soul at the same time.

During this time when GA was seeing RC he was towing around a sign for a "Missing Caylee". All the pictures we see show his PT Cruiser parked with the sign attached and we have never seen pictures with of the sign parked in their driveway. That would mean GA went to RC's home with that sign attached to the back of his car. That fact and the fact that he had to sign in to get into the condos does not sound like someone trying to hide an affair. I do believe he sought her out for a close friendship because he obviously could not tell CA how he truly felt. But the minute RC changed her story she lost me as a supporter. Sitting there on the stand saying she has not committed any crimes when it is a crime to lie under oath to LE and an officer of the court.

Somehow I think we will be hearing more and more stories after the trial. jmo

Stay strong, George!!! Been praying for you to find PEACE and understanding in this nightmare.

Remember, this is for Caylee -- no one else!!!

I don't care one bit if George or Cindy get on the stand to beg for their daughter's life. How could they not do that? Clearly there is something terribly wrong with Casey, but she is still their daughter and she is almost certainly going to prison for a long time, if not for life without parole or to await the death penalty. What matters is testifying in this phase of the trial and telling the truth about the car and other matters so that there would be justice for Caylee. Actually, I give all three Anthonys great respect for sitting in that courtroom, listening to the evidence and going through what Baez put them through--up and down, day after day, getting grilled on the most intimate and painful and (in some cases) untrue aspects of their lives. They are in an impossible position, and of course they know that they have taken a beating in the court of public opinion, best observed on the internet, for years now. George of course has born the brunt of it because Baez was trying to frame him. But he has been there all day, every day.

For all that some people claim that Cindy and George "made" Casey what she is by enabling her, by having a dysfunctional household, I say she was born that way. She's really barely out of high school. Who plots to murder her own child? Who tries to hide it and go on a partying spree for a month? Whatever faults George and Cindy might have, they got into middle age without murdering anyone, and there is every evidence that they worked hard and tried to do right by their granddaughter. And Lee seems confused and wounded but a decent sort. Maybe some of the dysfunction in that house has to do with trying to raise a psychopath without understanding that was their situation. I think George may understand that now. And isn't it ironic that his suicide note might be the thing that really ends any chance of his being framed by the defense?

Great Post and well said.

Thank the Lord - AMEN!

Although it was visibly painful to GA I commend him for his strength and his commitment to Caylee.

What do you think he will say about ICA during the penalty phase?

I've been thinking about that myself...even if he does ask for her life to be spared I don't think it lessens what he did for Caylee in the CIC. I wouldn't even be surprised if he says it's his fault she turned out the way she did. I really really want to see a penalty phase though, first because it would mean she has been convicted of 1st degree murder, second because I want to see what witnesses if any speak for ICA.

I truly believe he was the "stand up guy" in this case.. EXCEPT when it came to River Cruz or whatever name she prefers...

Just watching his face, it was clear that he lied about the affair... if he was really there for Caylee, he should have manned up to his mistake and admitted it..

I believe the jurors would forgive him this indiscretion IF they could have seen what we all saw.. however I don't think they get the close ups that we do and get to see the small changes in his facial expressions when he is lieing and when he is telling the truth..

I don't blame him for lying and I understand it.. BUT when it comes to justice for his grandbaby... come on.. take the fall.. man up..

You could not have said this better ! I agree..he was lying. An innocent man would have admitted befriending her but add that she has emotional problems to invent these stories. He didn't do that...he attacked and mocked. Nevertheless, there is no doubt in my mind that he loved and worshipped his granddaughter and has been thru the ringer.

I have to say that long ago in this case, I have learned that one good performance by an Anthony can't wipe away the damage they have done here. I have a hard time being a cheerleader for him, or any of them for that matter. He did good by giving somewhat good testimony yesterday, but... :snooty:
...burn me once!

My patience and empathy wore off a long time ago.

I guess I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. I believe that GA had an affair with River Cruz or whatever her name is. And I'm sorry but I have a big problem with George chasing skirt while his granddaughter Caylee is missing and possibly dead. He reportedly was over at River's place over a dozen times, while he was supposed to be looking for his granddaughter. Am I the only one here that finds that disturbing??? Who could carry on an affair after what he smelled in the trunk of his daughter's car and with his granddaughter missing. Then with reports of decomp and the death band on the hair folicle in the trunk pointing to Caylee being in the trunk and dead, George was a sheriff for 10 years........ "come on" (as Casey would say). I'm sorry guy's I'm having a problem with this.

But, on the other hand if you were to believe RC's testimony GA already knew Caylee was deceased and convinced himself that it was an accident. Why would he be looking when he suspected that Caylee was, indeed gone. CA was in severe denial and he did need to talk to someone who would listen and RC was willing to fill that position for him. In times of severe distress who do we turn to if our loved ones are in denial....our friends. We can't fault him for that nor RC for being there for him. It's always KC that seems to muddy the waters and tries to make everyone look worse than her.

Defense's job from day one of the trial is to focus on GA and get the focus away from KC. They have done that. Defense is telling us more about what GA was doing than KC and I hope the jury is aware of that. GA is not on trial....KC is. jmo

I truly believe he was the "stand up guy" in this case.. EXCEPT when it came to River Cruz or whatever name she prefers...

Just watching his face, it was clear that he lied about the affair... if he was really there for Caylee, he should have manned up to his mistake and admitted it..

I believe the jurors would forgive him this indiscretion IF they could have seen what we all saw.. however I don't think they get the close ups that we do and get to see the small changes in his facial expressions when he is lieing and when he is telling the truth..

I don't blame him for lying and I understand it.. BUT when it comes to justice for his grandbaby... come on.. take the fall.. man up..

I think he lied about the affair too, but I don't think that had anything to do with Caylee. In fact, his frustration and grief at the time may have caused that affair. When terrible situations fall on any family, sometimes those who are closest to you are not there for you, they are going through their own grief and frustration. Then you turn to someone else who offers sympathy and understanding. Many, many marriages have suffered through tragedies like this one, it can break the strongest bonds. And there are people who will take advantage of someone who is going through hard times as well.
But whether he lied or not, I don't see how it has anything at all to do with Caylee. Anyone can see the love that both he and Cindy have for their grandbaby, and I believe they've both proved they are there for her.

george did right again, ( during this trial) thank you. i missed the hand washing gesture, or the glare to baez(imo who deserved MORE than that from ga, esp. hes the one w/ those horrid accusations) ....touching he wore purple. i pray he finds peace when this is over. caylee must be smiling down from heaven at him ( yesterday, and probably the rest of his days) ...keep it up, friend, you guys will be reunited, when its the right time..god bless george...you are caylees champion, even though you beat yourself up in that note...you lamented about not supporting her $ wise, but yesterday in court, your being there for caylee was priceless,thats imo more than ANY money support..( i too hope/wonder if he will read this forum, thread, comments?)

I hope he will be okay after this s over. I hope he turns out like Mark Klass or Beth Holloway and turns into a victim's advocate....

The way I see this is: Although, of course, it's ALWAYS wrong to cheat on a spouse/family, GA was a person under extreme stress. Not only was his granddaughter missing and possibly dead, there are always the complications of family relationships as well. Can you imagine what kind of hell he was going through? And, again, although wrong, I think the context is important.

I don't believe GA went out seeking an affair. A person under severe stress is vulnerable and connecting with another person, especially a person who can offer some relief from that stress (not a family member) is not only often a great temptation, but also easy to "slip into" versus making clear, thought-out decisions. GA, if he did, indeed, have an affair, succumbed to a great temptation at a time when he was very vulnerable. Bad, yes, but the person on the other side is simply evil.

RC, or whoever she is, SOUGHT OUT this grieving, distraught family. She persued an affair w/ GA when he was incredibly vulnerable. This is some of the worst evil there is. That is unspeakable. I saw her testimony and believe that JA went waaaay too soft on her. I believe that many prosecutors would have brought out what she had done much more vividly to the jury, which was to purposely, premeditatively, take advantage of someone who is down simply for her own gain. Descpicable.

I have much criticism of the Anthony family for what much of their behavior seems to have been, but GA's "affair" doesn't come close to some of the worst -especially RC/KH's -or whatever in the heck she calls herself. I can think of some names much more appropriate, though.

ITA with you if he did have an affair. And this may seem indelicate but... A man in his 50's suffering from grief and depression..I just don't think that's a recipe for having sex. An emotional affair ...definetly. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back