Liaison Needed

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First, please accept my sincere apology for the confusion I created by moving UID threads over to the Emerald Triangle. In my haste to get this done, I did not foresee the obvious problem of searching the UID forum. If a UID thread has been moved it will not come up in any search you do in the UID forum. I feel so foolish for not realizing this.

We will be returning all the threads to their original forums. We will be reorganizing the Emerald Triangle Forum and will update you when we start the reorganizing starts.

Running Websleuths is a big job. I literally could spend all my time doing Websleuths work off the forum. There is so much to do behind the scenes and it doesn't involve the day to day posting on Websleuths. I rely on our incredible mods and admins to keep me updated on issues going on that involve timeouts or fighting or problem posts.

There are days where I don't get to my email or my conversations for over 24 hours. If someone posts something and they want me to read it is very difficult for me to get to that thread unless I am actually checking the forum for new threads and messages or someone contacts me via text.

I am looking for a volunteer liaison to keep me updated as far as what is going on in the UID Forum.

This person would alert me to any type of problem, any type of issue and any solved cases.

This person must be willing to talk on the phone and needs to be able to text.

You all do such important work and the last thing I want to do is cause you problems.

Again, my apologies.

Sincerely,
Tricia
PS. Email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com if you are interested in helping out

Why the need to text and use of phone? Why not use the ws messaging system?

Why the need to text and use of phone? Why not use the ws messaging system?
Because I am not available to get on Websleuths all the time. Texting I can do 24/7. As I mentioned before it takes me over 24 hours sometimes to get to my messages.

I've never looked at the Emerald Triangle forum before, because I had no idea what it was.
Now I see that's where many of the missing people I used to follow have moved.

I read the post "Welcome to the Emerald Triangle," and I still don't get it. Why putting these probably mostly unrelated cases in one forum?

Just confusing. Close it, no need.

imo

I've never looked at the Emerald Triangle forum before, because I had no idea what it was.
Now I see that's where many of the missing people I used to follow have moved.

I read the post "Welcome to the Emerald Triangle," and I still don't get it. Why putting these probably mostly unrelated cases in one forum?

Just confusing. Close it, no need.

imo

It was brought to my attention that the Emerald Triangle as it is called (Counties in Northern California where pot growers have lived and done business for years) has a high rate of cold case murders, missing people, and some unidentified.

When you see a pattern like this there is a reason or it could be several reasons. This is why we are putting together the Emerald Triangle forum. To let our members try and see what they can come up with as far as how much crime is going on.

It is my understanding that some in law enforcement and some government officials are not helpful.

We can ignore this issue or we can attempt to do something about it. Even if we bring awareness to the problem that's more than has been done before.

Tricia

I think we should put a list of those missing person's in the Emerald Triangle thread, but leave them in their original thread locations, to avoid confusion.

But I agree that we should have them all together for us to look over, for some kind of pattern. I used to live in the Emerald Triangle, in Mendocino. People went missing with great regularity. Way too common and virtually ignored.

I think we should put a list of those missing person's in the Emerald Triangle thread, but leave them in their original thread locations, to avoid confusion.

But I agree that we should have them all together for us to look over, for some kind of pattern. I used to live in the Emerald Triangle, in Mendocino. People went missing with great regularity. Way too common and virtually ignored.
As usual, my thinking seems to be the opposite of everyone else's. I thought it would be better to move the threads to the Emerald Triangle but leave a link in the original forum. That way the title would show up in missing/crimes in the news/whatever, but the link would take you to ET. That way, you could still find the thread easily, but it would also put you in easy access of possibly related cases. MOO

Thank you Katy. Yes, all the threads will be put back in their original forums. I will work on getting that done this weekend.

It is very strange isn't it Katy? Too much to be a coincidence.

As usual, my thinking seems to be the opposite of everyone else's. I thought it would be better to move the threads to the Emerald Triangle but leave a link in the original forum. That way the title would show up in missing/crimes in the news/whatever, but the link would take you to ET. That way, you could still find the thread easily, but it would also put you in easy access of possibly related cases. MOO

That was the orginal plan but what happened was. The members who work on the UID threads were unable to find the discussion threads they needed because they had been moved to the Emerald Triangle forum. We left redirects but it didn't change the fact that the members were unable to do a proper search so they could continue their work.

Just a suggestion... What if the Emerald Triangle was one pinned post with a list of all the missing persons from those counties, and the names on the list were links to the threads elsewhere? People would know the missing were from the Emerald Triangle and there would be less confusion searching because the threads would be returned to the UID forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back