Lies point us to the truth #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As John was seeking a flight out of CO, JAR & Melinda had rerouted to join the rest of the family in Boulder. John's suddenly 'urgent' business meeting would have taken place on a weekend in the middle of the Holiday season. There's no certainty that he planned to take his wife and son with him to GA.

proust20,

What a great point! Why would he need to fly to that very important meeting when his older children were rerouting to Boulder? This is a huge red flag!

The schedule that JR had arranged for the rest was arduous.

Such a great sense of humor you have!

JAR & Melinda with her boyfriend were flying commercial, which required much planning.

Rerouting and planning! They had to literally change course before they departed Atlanta that morning. And JR has a very important meeting he cannot miss? Oh my! How does he recover from this? All his plans with his older children went right out the window.

BR's bedroom had airplane motif wallpaper. When he drew his family, he depicted JR flying up in a distant plane.

Yes, and BR had hi-etc boots with compasses on them.

JR reacted out of panic. When did he know JonBenet was injured or dead? Before the 911? ("What did you find?"), or after (the missing minutes?). His fibers on the body suggest he may have wiped it down. Afterwards, he showered?

I will agree with this scenario. Although, JR (IMO) didn’t panic!
The RN posits John as the person who will retrieve JB. This he fulfilled.

Actions speak louder then words!

Just throwing this out there: Jonbenet with sister sock’s
1653099022783.jpeg

If BDI I don't think Patsy was worried about Burke going to jail, but her reputation and image. She would be a mom that raised a "monster". I think the home was dysfunctional and she knew it but she was too busy with decorating and matching outfits. The Grand Jury saw through this, saying the parents permitted JonBenét to be placed in a dangerous situation.
Agree. That home was very dysfunctional, so many things point to that. I also think that Patsy would have been far more concerned with how things looked.....image and reputation. That said, realizing that JonBenet had been killed would throw the family into somewhat of a state of panic. People often make questionable decisions under those circumstances. I can imagine that public knowledge of Burke killing JonBenet (if indeed that was the case) would have just about done Patsy in. Add to that the stygma of him going through evaluation and treatment, which for such a serious crime surely would have involved a psychiatric facility of some sort, that would have been devastating to the reputation she worked so hard to cultivate and portray to the outside world. Regardless of whatever diagnosis is reached and what the cause(s) may be, overcoming what others think of the parents and their role in raising a killer would be overwhelming. I'm sure this would have weighed heavily on her mind, given what we know about her.

There are still so many unanswered questions in this case, and questions that have not been satisfactorily answered.What has been a constant since day one is the at times odd behavior of the Ramseys themselves that I do not believe can simply be explained away by saying you cannot judge how anyone handles such unspeakably horrible situations when faced with them. And there is behavior by others within the Ramsey circle that is questionable as well. I think the Grand Jury was right to come to the conclusion they did. But I'm also not sure that this would have resulted in a successful prosecution. I still hold out hope that some day this case will be solved.

Just a reminder, eBay had not yet taken off at that time. The more common route to ordering something from Bloomies in those days was to put in a phone order with a credit card.
lol you mean to drive there and get it like any normal sane human should do even in 2020's but your timeline is... well cooked!

Agree. That home was very dysfunctional, so many things point to that. I also think that Patsy would have been far more concerned with how things looked.....image and reputation. That said, realizing that JonBenet had been killed would throw the family into somewhat of a state of panic. People often make questionable decisions under those circumstances. I can imagine that public knowledge of Burke killing JonBenet (if indeed that was the case) would have just about done Patsy in. Add to that the stygma of him going through evaluation and treatment, which for such a serious crime surely would have involved a psychiatric facility of some sort, that would have been devastating to the reputation she worked so hard to cultivate and portray to the outside world. Regardless of whatever diagnosis is reached and what the cause(s) may be, overcoming what others think of the parents and their role in raising a killer would be overwhelming. I'm sure this would have weighed heavily on her mind, given what we know about her.

There are still so many unanswered questions in this case, and questions that have not been satisfactorily answered.What has been a constant since day one is the at times odd behavior of the Ramseys themselves that I do not believe can simply be explained away by saying you cannot judge how anyone handles such unspeakably horrible situations when faced with them. And there is behavior by others within the Ramsey circle that is questionable as well. I think the Grand Jury was right to come to the conclusion they did. But I'm also not sure that this would have resulted in a successful prosecution. I still hold out hope that some day this case will be solved.
grand jury knew the father was it.. they recommended both parents for child abuse as it should have been.. alex the da decided other wise <modsnip>
there is no question who did this, no one was in that house but the father mother and the brother that as i said prior could not tie his own shoes together at age 10... what was done to this kid is adult force.. adult thinking.. and adult execution.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no Bloomingdales in Boulder then.
ya but im talking in general.. you want something you go get it, you can call the 1800# too but this iphone ruined you and your society and everything else to come.. you all knwo it i dont need to tell you that.. it is only the beginning.

ya but im talking in general.. you want something you go get it, you can call the 1800# too but this iphone ruined you and your society and everything else to come.. you all knwo it i dont need to tell you that.. it is only the beginning.

Oh, I see. You are not actually here to discuss the Ramsey case. Got it.

Oh, I see. You are not actually here to discuss the Ramsey case. Got it.
yes i am,
it is a crime committed quarter century ago that ruined many lives
the one who committed the crime is walking free
<modsnip - disrespectful to the victim>

yes i am,
it is a crime committed quarter century ago that ruined many lives
the one who committed the crime is walking free
<modsnip - disrespectful to the victim>
I see. I was confused because you seemed to be objecting to my explanation for why PR would probably have used the phone to order something from Bloomingdales rather than going online, which wasn’t an option back then, nor was there a Bloomingdale’s store she could drive to. It is a minor point, to be sure. We all want justice for JonBenet. Good for you for caring.

I see. I was confused because you seemed to be objecting to my explanation for why PR would probably have used the phone to order something from Bloomingdales rather than going online, which wasn’t an option back then, nor was there a Bloomingdale’s store she could drive to. It is a minor point, to be sure. We all want justice for JonBenet. Good for you for caring.
<modsnip - off topic>
it is true back in 1990's you could have left car unlocked and windows open to sneak in a boy or a girl past midnight without mom and step dad know about... it was very common in middle america but the case with this little girl is differnet... no foot prints... girl was a child.. no teenage boy nor 20 year old would give 2 you know what in xmas night cold colorado to go into that house that was very much protected.. the little girl was a project of the mom to win beauty contests and paraded like an 18 year old.. <modsnip - disrespectful to the victim> doc syril said it best.. it is as clear as waterlake..

The killing of Jonbenet: Her father speaks (2016)

In reference to the media attention JR states: “Now they are at it again, 20 years later … Let’s have another JB party.” Seems an odd statement since 26 later, JR decides he needs to move the dna evidence from the BPD and have it tested. It looks like he is having the JB party this time.

BPD suspected the parents right away that morning. Noting PR was in her cloths from the night before, peeking @ the police through splayed hands. JR was cordial.
PR states she headed down to the laundry area outside JB bedroom and that JB bedroom doors was closed. She then headed down the spiral staircase and found the RN. PR further states she started reading the first couple of lines. Somewhere it said, ”We have your daughter” and I just bounded back up the steps and threw her door open and she was not in her bed. I just remember screaming to John (he was still upstairs) dressing.
JR states he just knew something was wrong and um came down and she had the note and um I read it. ** Note here - no prints belonging to JR were found on the RN.

PR, “I remember we use to always say a prayer I learned when I was growing up:
Now I lay me down to sleep
I Pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake - PR shakes her head yes
I pray the Lord my soul to take - PR shakes her head yes
PR then states: I remember praying that OVER her that night, as I tucked her in. She shakes her head yes a third time.
One wonders: BR states JB was awake when they arrived home. Is PR referring to the papoose wrapping with her blanket in the basement?

BR second interview he crawls into a fetal position.
He recalls his mom rushing into his room … putting the lights on … looking around and then rushing out.
Dr.: Okay, was mom upset?
BR: Yeah
Dr.: Had you ever seen mom like that before?
BR: No
Dr.: Did it scare you?
BR: Yeah
Dr.: What did you do then?
BR: Just laid in bed with my eyes closed and like you know thinking of what might have happened. He states he never peaked downstairs that morning because he was scared. Scared of what?

How Patsy passed the RN to John so that he could read it off the floor while on his knees has never been made clear. This is the type of detail which MSM will never discuss. I believe that PR gave conflicting accounts of the sequence of finding the RN and looking in JonBenet's room?

Of course, BPD would not know upon arriving that PR was wearing the same clothes from the Whites' party. Although, Patsy was fully made-up at that early in the morning. She would have to have done this before 'finding' the RN. Part of her story is that she did not shower after arising. This would allow her a little extra time to fit into the morning's events.

The investigators found fibers from Patsy's outfit in the ligature, on the tape and in her paint tray.

The story according to PR was that JR was in his underwear on his knees reading the RN on the floor. Although, I do recall her telling the story in an interview how John came walking up the steps to where she was waiting at the wet bar. Patsy was waiting for directives from him on what to do next. If this was the case I wonder if he had visited the basement before the 911 call was placed? Also, one has to wonder about BR account of his mom coming into his room. When did this happen? Once the 911 call was made it took 7 minutes for the police to arrive. Her recounting of events and timeline doesn’t add up.

The BPD wouldn’t have known that Patsy was dressed in her cloths from the night before. They may have discovered this while they were at the home that morning; as it was mentioned in the show. Patsy’s jacket fibers were also found on the Jonbenet’s white blanket and the carpet where JB voided. It seems odd that Patsy didn’t have time to shower, yet had time to have a full face of makeup on.

It is clear that all 3 Ramsey’s still alive the next morning had conflicting accounts of what had happened the night before and that morning. Let’s just say that it’s possible that BR had a friend over that was going to accompany him to Michigan the next morning. This would account for his crawling up into a fetal position while being interviewed or hiding behind the game. Or being scared. What was he so afraid of? Did he do something and was worried he would get into trouble? This would also account for his bike (he had gotten Christmas morning) missing the morning of the 26th. Where did it go? Who took it?

Since Team R now admits that Burke was awake for the 911, everything that was said about him in previous versions must be viewed skeptically. A problem with the timeline of the morning is the 25+ minutes to write the RN. This means that it had to be started, at the latest, around 5:20am. If Patsy arose at 5, it'd not leave much time to learn of the crime, write the RN and make herself up. IMO she never went to bed. Maybe the kids didn't either?

It can never be known how much each of the three Rs knew about what had actually happened to JonBenet by the time that BPD arrived. The killer could have confessed to the other two, while lying about the circumstances. It's possible that none had a complete picture.

An official part of the R's narrative has them stopping off at the Stines' before driving back home. DS could have been picked up then? If he were going to MI, shouldn't he need to bring things with him? SS said that she was the last to see the R family intact as they drove away. The Stines were not among the invitees of the morning.

Last edited:
It is most curious that the Stine’s weren’t invited to the Ramsey’s home the morning of the 26th! The White’s were invited to the party on the 23rd, the Ramsey’s were invited to the White’s on the 25th. Yet they were thrown by the wayside after the murder. Maybe FW saw something or knew something (phone call made from the Ramsey’) on the 23rd. He has been silenced. Even when he and Pricilla presented their personal case in court; they were only allotted a certain amount of time and then were cut off. Ramsey’s power apparently has stretched far and wide.

It is a great point that it can never be known how much each of the 3 R’s knew about what had actually happened by the time the BPD arrived.
I do believe that at some point JR took over and started giving directives. Watching the killing of JB, it is clear that PR is incapable of speaking and making sense. She looks to John for that and he immediately takes over when she starts to stumble. Given that PR fiber evidence is all over the crime scene in the basement; it makes one wonder why he is protecting her? Perhaps everyone in the family is protecting each other?

I can see John going to bed but awakened/or woke at some point to give directive. If DS stayed the night, rode BR new bike home with his backpack on it would help make sense of the missing bike. DS only lived 5 blocks away. His parents could have picked him up on the way. It is interesting that the Stine’s had a foreign student living with them @ the time of the murder. I believe this is part of the FF RN reference. Just like the S.B.T. C sign off. It so fits in with PR.

In discussing the Stines, SS's dismissal of the police when they responded to the 911 of the 23rd must be mentioned. SS acted as a designated agent for the Rs. This implies total trust. The 911 of the 23rd is still vague. The caller (FW?), after misdialing, would call the right number and speak to whomever. Then, they'd have to tell an R about the error. The R would then inform SS of the error, and ask her to answer the door if BPD arrived. What reason was given for the need of SS's surrogacy? As it was a Holiday party, why not invite in the police to thank them for their service?

The Stines did not become adversaries of the Rs as did the Whites. A quid pro quo with the Stines? FW was a player in the events after the 'kidnapping'. He searched the basement with John, was there when the body was found, and oddly made Burke's bed before whisking him from the R residence. These opportunities put him in a position to weigh the emerging storyline put out by the Rs.

A subtext to the murder is the sudden precariousness of JR's employment by Lockheed-Martin. He must have realized that his career was now endangered. L-M would protect him on the condition that he go away quietly. The halt to his career would have stung. JR is GOP. Governor of CO in 1996 was Dem. AH too? The Corp. had/has the ability to shield the Rs.

If Burke received a bike is another nagging issue. Some of the Christmas morning photos showed it?

Last edited:
The 911 call is absolutely of question. What was the reason for the call? Who made it? Why did SS step in as a resident of the home at this moment. Could it be that she was aware of JB, BR and DS playing doctor? There wasn’t that many people present that the residents couldn’t answer the door when the police arrived. After all JR invited GM ((boarder of the Barnhills); when he knocked on their door that evening. JR stated he didn’t even know they had a border. Makes SS taking over here is definitely odd! Also suspicious was Joe Barnhill stating he saw JAR at the house Christmas of 1996. He walked into the front door. Joe later retracted this statement as did other neighbor‘s in the hood. This doesn’t surprise me. People in Boulder, Colorado mind their own business.

Yes, JR was shielded and obviously political since ML exonerated the R’s Over dna! The DNA evidence was discovered after Lacy sent the long johns to Bode Cellmark Forensics to be tested for touch DNA. Lacy hung her hat on newly discovered touch DNA found on JonBenet's long johns, which she said was found to belong to an unknown male. Lacy argued that this unknown male DNA matched DNA found in two spots of blood in the crotch of JonBenet's panties. The unknown male DNA, reasoned Lacy, was the smoking gun that pointed to JonBenet's killer and that killer was not anyone in her family. Family members and 200 other potential suspects were excluded from the unknown male DNA found on the panties and long johns, she said. Wondering if DS was tested? Why does JR feel like new dna results are going to solve this case? It seems he would like to shift focus in this area Instead of coming clean! Where are his phone records?

Burke to Dr. Phil, 9/2016, talking about looking down into the living room on Christmas morning:

"We both got bikes."

PR purchased them from University Bicycles downtown.

Burke's "We all got bikes." is typical of the R's tactic of confusion and contradiction. Among other examples: JonBenet was carried into the house/walked up the stairs, John was alone/with BR when he broke the basement window, Patsy looked into JB's room before/after finding the RN, on the morning of the 26th PR said that John came downstairs/upstairs, Burke was asleep/awake during the 911, all when to bed Christmas night/Burke went downstairs for a toy.

During the two mandated interviews with the psychologists, Burke displayed tight-lipped discipline. With Dr. Bernhard, he admitted to a secret which he would not divulge. Later, his obdurate refusal to identify the pineapple in the bowl indicates that he learned denial well. The time just after the murder would have been very stressful for the family. Burke did not crack then despite this. Whatever BR now says is perhaps quite deliberate. Just scattering more breadcrumbs. BR's problem is one of affect and not of intelligence. Although he managed to evade the psychologists' questions, his body language was telling. Of course, we do not know what is on the rest of the two interview tapes. I assume that the GJ reviewed them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member