Life after Casey! How do you cope?

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
So where do you from here? How do you cope now that you have free time? Clean your house? Take a well deserved vacation? Redo your yard?
What are you going to do now?

Websleuths is not going away, so I will be coming back often. The people here a wonderful and unite for a very good cause. I am not going anywhere and I hope you all stay too.

well, I will be here...

I also will redo my deck

that is about all

I will always be haunted and wonder "what really happened to caylee"
because the trial is over, doesn't mean the mystery is over.

this was the FIRST and LAST case I get involved with. I don't htink i could handle another... i don't know how you guys do it.

Clean my house and catch up on everything I've neglected. lol I will def still visit here. I'm sure there will still be tons to discuss.

I've actually put off putting a course together that I'll have to start teaching on July 18th, so it's actually a blessing that it's coming to an end so I can start writing the lectures and working up the PowerPoint. LOL

Hopefully, the hundreds of posters on Caylee's forum will just make their way to the other forums on WS. There are so many cases here, and new posters would be beneficial to all of them. I don't think there's any case on WS right now that would be as time-consuming as Casey's trial was.

I'll direct my attention to another case I suppose. It's overwhelming how many missing persons cases there are out there...unidentified persons...unsolved homicides. There are certain ones that have caught my attention and that still need justice. I wish some answers would come in Kyron's case......I check the local news for Portland on a daily basis hoping for some break in the case. As for trials, I tend to mostly follow local ones. Here in NC Brad Cooper was recently found guilty (YAY!!)...Jason Young's trial resulted in a hung jury (8-4 in favor of acquittal) *sigh*. Raven Abaroa's trial should be starting sometime soon and that's probably the next one I'll follow but I need to get caught up on that case.

I'll just find another case or two to follow on here and do all the things I've normally done. This case never consumed my life, as it did for some others.

Honestly I'll be glad when it's over because it has distracted me too much and takes up too much of my day.

I'll be glad when it's over. I feel drained.

this was the FIRST and LAST case I get involved with. I don't htink i could handle another... i don't know how you guys do it.

Most of them are not this intense for me. I came here years ago for the Laci Peterson case, (though I think I had a different user name then) and I didn't follow it near as closely as I'm following this one. For some reason, Caylee has haunted me. I just have to know and see that she is taken care of and that she gets justice.

Outside this case, I don't post much, but I do read quite a lot on a regular basis.

I am so glad it is almost over. It has affected me in an unhealthy way. I've gained weight from sitting here in front of the computer for hours, then the tv, watching related programs. I have hardly watched any programs for entertainment for many months. (Including well before the trial started-I have focused on this.) I resent family phone calls, dogs that want to go out and have neglected my house, yard, job, sick husband and to some extent, adult children. It isn't good. I will be glad to be free of this sad weight I seem to be bearing for Caylee's justice. I so admire the prosecution for their ability to really do something to help her, rather than the mourning I seem to be stuck in. It has been affirming to read fellow Sleuthers reaction to this terrible, nasty, sad, destructive tale. Now I hope I can lift out of it and "get a life".

I'll miss all the nice people I met here. I will visit websleuths often though! I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Casey yet.

resume life. i never meant to get sucked in like this. for many on this board, you've been here the whole three plus years. can hardly imagine. it has dominated my life for about a month now i guess, and i'm tired. i'm neglecting my work.
that reminds me - i just signed up for a meetup tomorrow and i can't go! there will be court, right?

Yeah, what REALLY happened to Caylee is something that's going to haunt me for a long time. This entire case is going to haunt me because I know there's a lot more beneath the surface we will never know - imagine the poor jurors who know even less and have Casey's life in their hands. This case is probably going to stay with them for the rest of their lives.

In the next couple of months, after this trial is over and the dust has settled, I'll be going to the shore for a week, then on to Italy for another week. After that I'll batten down the hatches for winter and continue reading about true crime.

I will start looking at the other cases such as the stay peterson/drew peterson case and all the others, as my time permits. I will be back, the search for truth and justice never rests. I have managed to balance my time devoted here and my family time with the exception of not taking any weekends up on lake erie and boating with my family. I believe a week on the lake is in order! And I need alt of quality time with my kids and my wife! Hope to see posts from you all aster your sanity break. Take care and God bless you all.

My current health situation recently reduced my life to a crawl, thus it is what afforded me the time to watch the trial and follow the boards a little bit more closer. Unless mother nature decides to instantly reverse the damage to my heart heart and kidneys and I get my life back at full swing when a verdict comes down for Casey, I'll just keep plodding along and move on to reading and watching other things.

So where do you from here? How do you cope now that you have free time? Clean your house? Take a well deserved vacation? Redo your yard?
What are you going to do now?
Start another novel, which basically consumes my life for months. We'll probably go to Italy in August, and while sunbathing, I doubt the name Casey Anthony will even enter my mind. God, I hope not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back