Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

I was bothered by the text Jodi sent from Travis' phone too! But, I suppose the script writers felt that surely something occurred immediately prior to cause Jodi to go into full murderous rage mode.

That scene was quite difficult to watch.

I will say there was at least one incident that came out in trial that Jodi texted Lisa Andrews from Travis's phone something to the effect of "I'm with Jodi right now". I believe that was around the the time that Ttavis told her to go kick rocks abd move back to Yreka a month before his death.

So we know that she did text Lisa from his phone at least once.

I just think the movie sympathized with Jodi too much...

The actor that player Travis did great and I can tell he studied Travis's facial mannerisms, but I wish he had the humor Travis had. Travis was pretty silly and child like which is why he is endearing to me. he had a certain innocence about him that Jodi wanted to suck away like a Vampire.

And they made Travis look like it was all the sex that attracted him to her - it wasn't... He was a care taker and encourager. A fragmented person like Jodi is the very type of person Travis has a weakness for wanting to help. IMO

Ok, the chic in the movie seems WAAAAY too old and I am only 10 minutes in. Her voice is waaay off. The guy on the other hand, I must say I am impressed. Sounds just like him, looks like him, only the actor is too skinny. He should have taken this opportunity to eat a few cheeseburgers.

I can't get past the girl though. She looks like she belongs in Hef's Playboy mansion, not playing Arias.

Hey Radar, I see Sassy Cat is still strutting.

Josie posted a link where you can watch the movie some where in this thread - Thank You Josie. I was able to watch it in 5 minutes - I skipped a lot of it but was able to see enough to realize that I do not want to watch it on LifeTime. There are no commercials in the version that Josie posted.

It hard to get Jesse Soffer as little Will Munson 'As The World Turns' out of my head ...and see him play Travis. I got the days mixed again and missed the movie anyway on 'Lifetime'.
Perhaps I'll watch the link posted. I started watching opening statements of the Trayvon case, already offended by the defense and their "knock, knock" joke to the jury.

I think the funniest casting was Det. Flores. I mean could he please pick an accent and stick with it. Was he trying to be Italian or Mexican?

I think the funniest casting was Det. Flores. I mean could he please pick an accent and stick with it. Was he trying to be Italian or Mexican?

I think the actor that played Juan and the one who played Flores got their "motivation" mixed up! Flores acted like the pit bull and Juan acted like the puppy!

I still think this actress from the TV show Bones ... Would have been a better Jodi.

images

She is great on Bones but then that would ruin her character for me if I saw her playing the part of CMJA.

I didn't find the movie that bad. It was a made for TV and not a major motion film. I like that Jodi was portrayed as the stalker crazy she is. That was good enough for me. Travis portrayed as the nice guy he was. I guess that was just my expectation. IMO.

Interesting they never "showed" the anal sex, guess that was more taboo than showing the graphic murder scene.

If I were Wilmot, I would have been very annoyed with the actress they got to portray me!

I like Meredith Salenger, the actress who played Willmot. I hadn't seen her in anything in quite some time though.

I thought the movie was typical Lifetime.

Couple of questions - was it "artistic liberty" when they showed Travis's boss receiving the email picture of him? I think it must have been or surely it would have been brought up at trial - goes to motive (crazy stalker)

Wish they would have put the scene in of JA sleeping under the Christmas tree.

The murder scene was chilling. I think they were pretty much spot on with that one.

My criticism of Flores aside, I did rather enjoy the movie. Quite a lot actually. I think the end was just kinda spliced together real quick. The actors that played JA and TA did excellent jobs. After I got over the fact that the woman looked to old and sounded too mature for JA, I settled in.

I DO think that is how the actual killing went down as well. Although, I don't think she picked him up and slit his throat at the end.

I will say there was at least one incident that came out in trial that Jodi texted Lisa Andrews from Travis's phone something to the effect of "I'm with Jodi right now". I believe that was around the the time that Ttavis told her to go kick rocks abd move back to Yreka a month before his death.

So we know that she did text Lisa from his phone at least once.

I just think the movie sympathized with Jodi too much...

The actor that player Travis did great and I can tell he studied Travis's facial mannerisms, but I wish he had the humor Travis had. Travis was pretty silly and child like which is why he is endearing to me. he had a certain innocence about him that Jodi wanted to suck away like a Vampire.

And they made Travis look like it was all the sex that attracted him to her - it wasn't... He was a care taker and encourager. A fragmented person like Jodi is the very type of person Travis has a weakness for wanting to help. IMO

BBM and JMO

I agree, in reality, it was more than Travis just going along for the sex. Travis believed he could help her. A person who takes on that caretaker "saviour" role who wants to help, and tries to have a great deal of patience, allows themselves to be manipulated beyond what they are qualified to handle, especially on a personal level. It can turn into some kind of sick dance.

Morning. So, I missed the movie. Any links????? I forgot what it was life for my life NOT to be centered around this trial!

HA! just loved your hard to find kitty, and more so, your input. I did not watch it.
Read/saw trailers, knowing the outcome, too new for me. Dating story, etc. was beyond sick, coupled with the end result. Glad to know I was not alone. Hubby tooooooooooook me away and had a wonderful time... in his arms.

Going to read every page, and leave a comment, if I think I should. Still think RadarLuv has the best intro...sweet.

One more thing.
I liked the "Beyond the Headlines" thingy better. Real life is "better". That's why I like to watch the ID channel- real- not baloney.

We don't have cable--therefore no Lifetime channel. I was only able to see the movie because it was uploaded on YouTube. Does anyone know if the "Behind the Scenes" show is uploaded anywhere online? Thanks!

I wont watch anything that puts her lieing face on tv.. I didnt for CA. and I wont for her. She is a dispicable piece of skin..I'm sorry but I cant stand her, her rotten hands that killed a decent man. I know most feel the same as I do but I had to say it. I dont "hate" anyone. Hate is a word I dont use, would rather swear (LOL).. I do hope she rots in HEL* eventually!:stormingmad: each time I see her hands I want to :slapfight::furious:

I did not watch it either. However, I connect to what you said, "I don't hate"...bingo. Your are my knew bff. Hate is a feeling that another controls you, in a lower level. Love does not, and accelerates you as a human being. Bottom line, we all know the difference of love and hate...you obviously do. I have never met anyone in my life so far, that would deserve me to loose myself and go for hate. Life has not been a "bowl of cherries", but I just step aside ASAP if not sooner, if, I feel it's not right. Then in the middle of that bowl of cherries, its now that sweet. My EX-hub's father was a Judge, loved his Daddie & Mother to the end. Ok, must stop way to much info, trying to watch the trial here in Fla. Hope facts prevail.

I have to take issue with the size of her cell in the closing sequence. WTH it was bigger than my sons apartment.

tania raymonde cast as ja, ha ha ha ha! had ja been half as attractive as tr, ta would have most likely renounced his religion, dumped his friends, and insisted that slashing tires, stalking and invasion of privacy just made her all the more cuter, made him love her even more! seriously tho, tr as ja? talk about missing the boat by a wide margin. sorry, but i just don't find ja very attractive at all. add to that her immaturity, which is quite evident even now that she's in her thirties. what a mess.

anyway, i thought lifetime's take on the story was pretty silly, clearly exploitive, but par for the lifetime course. i also thought it was far too sympathetic towards ja, for example the scene where she's sitting alone in her grandmother's house, with the gun, crying as she presumably struggles with what she is about to do. i don't think she struggled at all, i think she was pissed, felt slighted and rejected, and was hell bent on evening the score. also, the texting sequence right before she killed him, what a bunch of nonsense.

I am relieved I wasn't the only one who literally LOLed when they first showed "Wilmott." Some seriously bad wigs in this production. TR played JA as way too much like normal. I get (as someone said upthread) that playing JA with her flat affect, baby voice, and dead eyes would not make for great drama. And it would probably look like bad acting to anyone who hadn't seen the real JA in action. But she just didn't seem psycho enough. More like Snapped-ish.

Loved her executive-suite jail cell at the end. *snort*. Bigger than Travis's closet...

I just want to point out that I have yet to see the "based on a true story" movie in which the lead actors were not way better looking than the individuals in real life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back