Light levels and floor marks

trixie said:
If I'm not mistaken this picture of Jonbnet was taken the night of the Boulder Christmas Parade where she was Little Miss Christmas and she rode in the parade I think sitting up in a convertible car. Don and Nedra Paugh were keeping Jonbenet this night as Patsy and John and Susan and Glen Stine were on a trip to New York. (Patsy's second trip there that year. The first one was the mother-daughter trip taken a month earlier when she bought the Bloomies.) There is a much better picture of this where you can see the whole car and Jonebnet sitting up on the back of it. Actually it's the same picture someone just cropped it to show her face. I don't know where it would be now though. The better picture I refferred to is also a picture in a frame sitting in the background on a table at Bill McRenolds house taken during an interview he gave.
Trixie, thanks for posting the history of that photo. Don and Nedra Paugh were keeping Jonbenet this night as Patsy and John and Susan and Glen Stine were on a trip to New York. Interesting. Maybe the stage mother here was Grandma Nedra. Maybe spending the night with grandma and grandpa was cause for anxiety.

Paradox said:
I think either John was good at Clue or he had a clue. He knew his wife. He knew where to look. Light or no light.

Paradox,

mmm is that not paradoxical or is he telepathic?

Britt said:
Trixie, thanks for posting the history of that photo. Don and Nedra Paugh were keeping Jonbenet this night as Patsy and John and Susan and Glen Stine were on a trip to New York. Interesting. Maybe the stage mother here was Grandma Nedra. Maybe spending the night with grandma and grandpa was cause for anxiety.

Yesiree...JonBenet spending time with Grandpa Paugh. According to LHP, JonBenet began wetting the bed a month before her death.

Britt said:

You're welcome Britt! She does look kind of anxious in that picture but I imagine she was probably cold and tired. Boulder in December at night riding on the back of a convertable can't be too comfortable. Just the wind on your face would give her rosy cheeks, she sure didn't need all that make-up, IMO!Such is the life of a beauty queen, I guess. They couldn't very well have a Boulder Christmas parade without Little Miss Christmas could they? And yes, I think Nedra WAS the stage mother in all this. I've always thought so.

"Yesiree...JonBenet spending time with Grandpa Paugh. According to LHP, JonBenet began wetting the bed a month before her death."

Yeah, isn't that interesting?

You're right, that's most interesting. Thanks, Trixie and Britt.

To me JonBenet looks just plain scared, for whatever that's worth. Very scared. And we don't know who she's talking to, with the photographer recording it in a picture. Does it say a thousand words?

I don't think Grandpa would have had the energy or ideas to do all that staging.

So most will say the parents were not in shock at all and could plan and do all that staging, so spur-of-the-moment, SUCH a moment, right?

No mention was made of Grandpa or JAR being in Boulder that night, which I realize doesn't mean they couldn't have been.

From Why_Nut's post on page 1, in the LAST picture of several at this link, http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/lights.wmv , we see just Jonbenet's face, from the parade picture where she's on the float. I've lost track of the link to a larger picture.

We're saying the grandparents were keeping JonBenet that night, but didn't Patsy walk alongside the float?

I'm repeating my question from page 1 because I think it could be important,

What do you suppose was being said, by whom, to make JonBenet look fearful, and to make the photographer notice and photograph her reaction?

Anyone know who the photographer was?

"I don't think Grandpa would have had the energy or ideas to do all that staging."

I don't think we were suggesting that he was the killer, merely that he might have done something that provided a catalyst for the killing.

"So most will say the parents were not in shock at all and could plan and do all that staging, so spur-of-the-moment, SUCH a moment, right?"

I don't see why it has to be one or the other, Eagle1. You'd be amazed at what a person could do in a crisis.

But to indulge you, I think the shock WAS there, but it did pass and self-preservation took over. Don't forget, they had from a little before 1:00 AM until 5:30 or so. That's plenty of time.

A version of the standalone JonBenet picture is this:

209439405_56ef9e8a33.jpg

And the writing on the box in the cellar can be seen at a larger size here:

209439407_8a6085c541_o.jpg

Thanks for the pix why_nutt, but did they take any from the exterior of the room looking into it without any light as well?

Looking out from a darkend room is one thing, but looking into it is another....

I just wonder how much different it is looking in with only the light illuminating what's in the room from behind someone.

Eagle1 said:
From Why_Nut's post on page 1, in the LAST picture of several at this link, http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/lights.wmv , we see just Jonbenet's face, from the parade picture where she's on the float. I've lost track of the link to a larger picture.

We're saying the grandparents were keeping JonBenet that night, but didn't Patsy walk alongside the float? I'm repeating my question from page 1 because I think it could be important,

What do you suppose was being said, by whom, to make JonBenet look fearful, and to make the photographer notice and photograph her reaction?

Anyone know who the photographer was?

Patsy and John Ramsey were in New York when this picture was taken and not at this parade. I think the float Patsy walked along side of was the Boy Scout float Burke was on and Jonbenet also got to ride on. Grandpa Don Paugh built that float for the Boy Scout parade. Jonbenet rode on it and Patsy walked along beside it.

As for the picture, I don't think Jonbenet looks frightened at all. I think she looks like she's about to ask a question or say something. That gives her face that look, IMO.

trixie said:
As for the picture, I don't think Jonbenet looks frightened at all. I think she looks like she's about to ask a question or say something. That gives her face that look, IMO.

In my opinion JonBenet looks like she is very, very cold, which makes sense given that she was not wearing a coat but only a costume cape, as seen being worn in this other photo:

209492053_1be422caa7_o.jpg

and the temperature in Boulder on that day never got above 44 degrees Fahrenheit and dropped to a low of 30 degrees.

I agree with you, she does look cold. That's a really cute picture of her you posted. She was adorable, wasn't she?

Okay, so there were two parades JonBenet rode in.

It's a matter of opinion, I guess, and I didn't notice at first, until someone brought it up the other day so I took a closer look.

SD, yes, I know all that, and didn't mean to sound like I disagreed.

I've always felt they were involved in SOMETHING that they and their friends didn't want known.

But what?

why_nutt said:
A version of the standalone JonBenet picture is this:

http://static.flickr.com/87/209439405_56ef9e8a33.jpg

And the writing on the box in the cellar can be seen at a larger size here:

http://static.flickr.com/68/209439407_8a6085c541_o.jpg
Thank you Why Nutt for the enlargement of the box. It does looks like 'House Paint' written on the box. Of course there's no way to know for sure who wrote it on the box, but I find even a small sample of handwriting an interesting study.

"SD, yes, I know all that, and didn't mean to sound like I disagreed."

Sometimes I take the things you say as being sarcastic, even when they're not meant to be, Eagle1. You'll have to forgive my hotheaded nature. That's what happens when you're young and have lived the life I've lived.

"She was adorable, wasn't she?"

Sure was. She would have turned 16 on Sunday. God, can you imagine the boys tripping over each other to get near her?

SuperDave said:
"SD, yes, I know all that, and didn't mean to sound like I disagreed." Sometimes I take the things you say as being sarcastic, even when they're not meant to be, Eagle1. You'll have to forgive my hotheaded nature. That's what happens when you're young and have lived the life I've lived.

Yup, we appreciate thoughtful hotheads here, no need to apologize and we older ones never mean to sound sarcastic or that we're out to get you. I'm very glad you joined us, as I've probably already said a few times.

What do you think of the man in Charlevoix allegedly sleeping in JonBenet's bed there and hanging around the gas station badmouthing JR, which may have been another one. What kind of gang could that be, having it in for this family? And what about the walker, the Barnhills thought resembled JAR, the very same evening right after the R's left to go to, I believe, Pasta Jay's and then the Whites'?

This whole thing seems so pre-planned and mapped out, involving possibly quite a few people in quite a few places, one in Waterford, Mi. Depending on who and what they are, isn't it possible they could have either gotten some rings similar to PR's knowing she wore them turned inward or maybe even somehow made her make those marks on JonBenet? Editing to add that the crescent shape inside the abrasions could probably be made by the edge of a ring, right? The way she wore her rings was certainly notable.

I can picture stagers writing that into the plan just as well as I can picture her actually doing it to JBR for lipping off or something. Which she wasn't old enough to do very much. It just seems like too many others are involved, for appearances to be taken at face value. As always in my statement, JMHO for now.

"What do you think of the man in Charlevoix allegedly sleeping in JonBenet's bed there and hanging around the gas station badmouthing JR, which may have been another one. What kind of gang could that be, having it in for this family? And what about the walker, the Barnhills thought resembled JAR, the very same evening right after the R's left to go to, I believe, Pasta Jay's and then the Whites'?"

I'd have to know more about them first. I've never even heard that "Charlevoix" biz before.

"I can picture stagers writing that into the plan just as well as I can picture her actually doing it to JBR for lipping off or something. Which she wasn't old enough to do very much."

Oh! Don't say that, Eagle1! Don't say that, my friend! I know plenty of kids younger than six with smart mouths on 'em! Myself included! And, from what I've read, JB could be VERY bratty at times. Parents have killed kids for less, you know!

(BTW, I'm not sure that's what happened. Like I said, there's one scenario that fits more puzzle pieces than any other.)

You know I'm just kidding but "So. You were a smart mouth kid, huh?"

Well, okay, maybe so. She did kick Patsy one time! I forget the circumstances. Maybe someone else remembers. You're sometimes right and I admit it. My five must not have been as bratty at that age or maybe it's too long ago to remember.

About the trespasser in Charlevoix, that's about all that I know of that was discussed in the forums. Two housekeepers were there cleaning up after a party, and saw his very neat suitcase and a pair of cowboy boots. I don't know if he was hiding in a bathroom, having heard them coming, or under the bed, or if they even looked for him. They phoned the Ramseys, I seem to remember. Point is just that there were people not respecting the Rs' boundaries all over. Camper told us about the informant in SE Michigan, nowhere near Charlevoix, Waterford near Pontiac, near where Jimmy Hoffa disappeared, who, Globe alleged, claimed JAR tried to hire him to arrange a boating accident for JonBenet. I don't think anyone else agrees with my hunch that if any of this is true, because he lied about half the time, they said, this JAR just may have been the same one the Barnhills saw. But why Waterford, Mi.? I feel we need your opinion on this, and thanks in advance. Please give it a little thought.

At another forum, I think it was "B" who lives in Charlevoix who said a strange guy was seen running across a lawn, maybe the back of the Rs' property, to a road to thumb a ride when a van was coming, driven by a cancer patient who's died since then. A ride to an airport? But there isn't one in Charlevoix? Memory's fading, it's been so long. I don't know if this was the same stranger who hung around the gas station for a while, or whether he may have also been the one who slept in JonBenet's bed, and, what the heck, maybe also left the duffle bag in the crawl space, tho' the Barnhills didn't mention his carrying one. He could have made another trip. I just need someone to try to pin the duffle bag on, nothing definite. There could have been other "unAmerican activities" against the R's that we haven't even heard of. Weren't there some Barbie dolls on the lawn, and some intimidation at ST's house and Arndt's house? If not for all that, I could believe PR was confessing after all if she really said, "Some things in life you just can't take back." Maybe she meant her whole life, just a blanket thing in case she'd ever offended anyone. It's been said she never badmouthed anyone. "B" is at Jameson's.

"So. You were a smart mouth kid, huh?"

Always have been! Always will be!

"Well, okay, maybe so. She did kick Patsy one time! I forget the circumstances. Maybe someone else remembers."

yeah, I remember. She was tired from a whole day's pageant activity and Patsy wanted her to keep going. Worse, Patsy wanted her to wear these god-awful tight shoes. Sound like a kid who enjoyed it? Well, maybe that's not fair. Anyone can have an off-day.

"Camper told us about the informant in SE Michigan, nowhere near Charlevoix, Waterford near Pontiac, near where Jimmy Hoffa disappeared, who, Globe alleged, claimed JAR tried to hire him to arrange a boating accident for JonBenet. I don't think anyone else agrees with my hunch that if any of this is true, because he lied about half the time, they said, this JAR just may have been the same one the Barnhills saw."

Hmm. That only opens a bigger question: what was JAR's motive?

"Weren't there some Barbie dolls on the lawn, and some intimidation at ST's house and Arndt's house?"

That's right, but I think those were isolated incidents.

"If not for all that, I could believe PR was confessing after all if she really said, "Some things in life you just can't take back." Maybe she meant her whole life, just a blanket thing in case she'd ever offended anyone."

Well, I've made it clear what I think it meant. Not that it matters, now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back