Linda Kenny Baden *MERGED*

I think that LKB is co-negotiator with Waldo in the 11th hour plea deal for ICA to save JB's butt when he royally screws up the trial, to seek LIFE for ICA before the Jury returns.

It'll be the Non-Trial of the Century as far as the Defense is concerned. Post trial de-briefing will be ......... say what? We waited 3 years for what Defense?

LDB and JA simply walked the Defense down the corridor until .... ah, now it all makes sense, now the evidence clear ...... the Defense have nothing and it is 100% compelling that ICA did it!

Hmmm.....rumours of charm school (lol) and (another) new hairdresser abound.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
*tick tock tick tock goes the trial clock*

ETA: I love HHJP!

http://www.wftv.com/news/24928594/detail.html

Court documents show Dorothy Clay Sims will appear as co-counsel for the defense. According to her law firm's website, Sims focuses on direct and cross-examination of medical experts.

She will join Casey's attorneys Jose Baez and J. Cheney Mason.

So....did Ms Baden quit?

Thanks. I think that LKB has dropped out and new hire Sims is her local replacement. We will probably hear something soon.

I don't think there was enough money or fame to be made and given the indigency ... even expenses would be an issue. Like AL my call is LKB is walking away.

Thanks. I think that LKB has dropped out and new hire Sims is her local replacement. We will probably hear something soon.

I don't think there was enough money or fame to be made and given the indigency ... even expenses would be an issue. Like AL my call is LKB is walking away.

I noticed that only Mr Baez and Mr Cheney are listed in this article. So does KC now have only 3 lawyers? And if LKB is indeed gone, then Mr Mason is the only DP qualified lawyer on the team? Guess that makes it difficult for Mr mason to walk away, :waitasec:

Ms Sims website

http://www.ocalaw.com/index.php

I noticed that only Mr Baez and Mr Cheney are listed in this article. So does KC now have only 3 lawyers? And if LKB is indeed gone, then Mr Mason is the only DP qualified lawyer on the team? Guess that makes it difficult for Mr mason to walk away, :waitasec:

Ms Sims website

http://www.ocalaw.com/index.php

I hope the Bar Association looks into this shameful behavior. The media *advertiser censored* have no place in the justice system.

The little video on her main page makes it sound like she should be perfect match for Cindy, rather than Casey.

I would not bet on LKB being gone. This new attorney specializes in medical experts. LKB is going to be point person on all the other forensic evidence I would imagine. I think she has been doing other things while waiting to begin the experts depositions. Or maybe we won't see her until trial - but I think she is still on the defense team.

The little video on her main page makes it sound like she should be perfect match for Cindy, rather than Casey.

Interesting that the prime focus is Disability claims and cross-examination of medical experts is just a subordinate service. If LKB is walking then, like AL we have gone from AL to CM and now maybe LKB to DS.

If I was ICA I would be extremely angry that the Defense delays in this case and it escalating to a DP case have effectively eliminated a "Dream Team" of attorneys to represent her and now ... with indigency she has what ICA would term the 'poor mans team'.

If only ICA had sought a plea deal ... if only ICA had leveraged her right to a speedy trial ... if only.

The further ICA walks down the corridor the slimmer her chances are and the higher penalty will be.

There really is no need for Linda Kenney Baden to be in court right now. IF Baden leaves the case, she has to file this in court.

I hope the Bar Association looks into this shameful behavior. The media *advertiser censored* have no place in the justice system.

The defense has the right to bring in anyone they think will help their case. I see nothing shameful about bringing in a new attorney and seriously doubt the Bar Association even cares whether another attorney is brought in.

Just an interesting point to note.

While reading the Notice of Limited Appearance as Co-Counsel (which has been filed stating she is limited to cross examining experts), I took note of the fax number listed on the PDF. (352) 629-14**........I used BING to look it up.

There were 2 results pages ( I am sure Google has more).......BUT EVERY SINGLE ONE of the results listed the number in connection with Traumatic Brain Injury attorney entries. I have seen many sites where she is referenced but thought I would offer this info.

Just thought it was interesting.

Traumatic Brain Injury for whom? Caylee? Or Casey? Hmmm
And, how would Casey get one of those anyhow? A Shovel?

Traumatic Brain Injury for whom? Caylee? Or Casey? Hmmm
And, how would Casey get one of those anyhow? A Shovel?

Traumatic Brain Injury...that's interesting. Are they going to say Casey suffered this? If so, I would imagine that she would have been whining all over the city of Orlando to anyone who would listen.
Or, are they thinking Casey killed Caylee because she suffered some life altering accident? (mercy killing?)

Allow me to clarify my post. I am not asserting that Traumatic Brain Injury has anything to do with the case...just making an observation. But...perhaps KC's comments about "seizures" in her jail house letters may be used in some capacity.

Dorothy Clay Sims specializes in cross examining DEFENSE EXPERTS. SO...the fact that she has agreed to participate FOR the defense is VERY interesting.

What it says to me...that REGARDLESS of LKB's participation...the defense would "appear" to be focusing their efforts on discrediting forensic and medical testimony and offering alternative explanations for some of that evidence.

Now, if an expert "Nanny" is listed as a witness at some point...I might consider other possibilities. Until then...IMO...it will likely end up being a battle of the experts.....and NOTHING more. Well, at least until mitigation...if it ever gets that far.

IMO she is stickin' with the clients who pay!

I gotcha SOTS! I was running with a bit of my sarcasm as well. This attorney may well be awesome at her tasks. I just threw in the Head Injury bit for comedic justice. Casey still doesn't stand a chance, no matter WHO they get.

I gotcha SOTS! I was running with a bit of my sarcasm as well. This attorney may well be awesome at her tasks. I just threw in the Head Injury bit for comedic justice. Casey still doesn't stand a chance, no matter WHO they get.

It's all good. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't "misconshtrued". HeeHee

I wouldn't put any kind of ridiculous defense plan past JB and co.
Desperate people...desperate measures and all that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back