Linda Ronstadt Diagnosed With Parkinson's Disease

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Blondie in Spokane, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

I'm So sorry to hear this....I listened to Linda's music on 8 track tape while driving around in my Plymouth Barracuda in high school over 30 years ago and loved her! She embraced her individuality and independence - and was definitely a role model for my era! How sad that this has ended her impressive career - so unfair!

"My Parkinson's battle: Eleven-time Grammy-winner Linda Ronstadt reveals her singing career has been ended by the debilitating disease diagnosis"

"She helped shape the future of folk-rock music in her heyday."

"But now, Linda Ronstadt is facing an uphill battle as she loses her voice to a debilitating disease."

"Struck down with Parkinson's eight months ago, the 11-time Grammy-winner has opened up about the life-changing diagnosis that has ended her career."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rkinsons-disease-diagnosis.html#ixzz2ctAUkQT2

2. Loading...

3. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

4. shana

shana New Member

I saw Linda live as lead singer in the Stone Poneys at the Troub(adour) in West Hollywood, wayback in the day. She's always been one of my faves ever since. imo, she has a quality of voice not unlike that of Roy Orbison...a crying tone, if you will. Distinctive.

Despite stories from friends recounting just how silly she was in-real (I rather liked that!), her contributions to the music of 'my' time and since have been an invaluable part of the record.

Still kicking myself for not having purchased a soft-bound book with pix galore when she was hooked-up with Jerry Brown! In those photos, she looked coiffed and groomed as Governor-wife eligible.

All said, I'm extremely saddened to read this news about her health.

Heaps of well wishes on you, Linda...and thanks for ALL of the music you brought to my ears over the many years.

5. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

6. shana

shana New Member

7. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

That woman could sing ANYTHING- any genre. What a tragedy that her wonderful singing voice has been silenced. :(