Lippman filed a motion to be discussed on Tuesday 5/31/11

The grand jury docs are sealed. I'm assuming GA said something different in his recent testimony and to the grand jury.

The defense has not seen the testimony of Ga during the grand jury....they wanted it because the state was there to listen to it.....the state suggested the judge read it and see *if* there was something that GA said differnt then what he is saying now....the state didnt seemed worried about it...and since they know what he said.....im sure there is nothing there but the defense wanting to complain and fish!

"MARK LIPPMAN, ATTORNEY FOR THE ANTHONY FAMILY: Nancy, this whole theory started, as far as we`re concerned, probably back in February where they started creating this, when the psych evals came out. And from there we`ve known approximately about six weeks ago that the defense was going to go down this road. And that came directly from Jose`s mouth where we found out about six weeks ago how Caylee, according to them, passed."

What motivation would Baez have to inform George and Cindy of the above? (other than to hurt them)

Ok, so when GA was testifying Tuesday he said the he had not heard about the drowning until that morning from JA. What I'm thinking he meant was that he was involved in the coverup. DT told the A's that Caylee drowned and the SA allegations. For GA's statement to be true they didn't have advanced warning that GA had Casey coverup and he framed her.

"MARK LIPPMAN, ATTORNEY FOR THE ANTHONY FAMILY: Nancy, this whole theory started, as far as we`re concerned, probably back in February where they started creating this, when the psych evals came out. And from there we`ve known approximately about six weeks ago that the defense was going to go down this road. And that came directly from Jose`s mouth where we found out about six weeks ago how Caylee, according to them, passed."

What motivation would Baez have to inform George and Cindy of the above? (other than to hurt them)

IMHO, to see if George would keep his promise to do anything to help his daughter.

Thanks, Beach. Do you happen to know what JP is obliged to do if his review of the transcripts this weekend should show that GA's Grand Jury testimony substantially conflicts with some part of his testimony last week?

I've gotten so behind on reading the motions and knowing who filed what - I hesitate to try to answer, Friday. If the defense filed a motion to unseal, they would have to cite a good cause reason - not just "hey we want to take a peek and see if there might be something in there we can use to bolster our crucifiction of good ol' George".

Your question is an excellent one for the verified attorney thread. Go post it there and I bet you will get a much better and more precise answer.

This might be of interest to this thread!!!!!!!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6575695&postcount=41"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - This Week on Websleuths Radio Attorney Richard Hornsby[/ame]

Maybe so Cindy and George would not be surprised by hearing this at opening statements, and to give them time to absorb it and choose to cooperate with the defense strategy, and shape their testimony to help promote this defense theory, in order to help their daughter get out of jail, or escape the death penalty? Up until opening statements, Cindy had been very buddy/buddy with Baez.

Does GA / LA have any legal rights to stop JB from accusing them of sex crimes?

I just do not get how you can slander someone to the extent Baez is doing and it is perfectly legal, I suppose during a trial words may be said, but to build an entire case on something that has no ground to stand on, how the heck is that ok?!?!?! I hope it is a motion regarding this issue in one way or another...

He's averting the jury's attention from his client to George...the more he hammers him it keeps their attention off KC & if he can get him to explode in court, he can point and say, "See, I told you he's unstable, imagine what else he'd do"...

This is from the end of the day. The jury had been let go. RE: Mr. Lippman.

HHJP: mr lippman have you shared with the state and the defense?

yes

HHJP: the defense will be objecting.

yes

HHJP: eight thirty tuesday morning.

Mr. Lippman: we will be there.

HHJP: anything you want to talk about at side bar?

JB: I think I have layed out my position but thanks for the opportunity.

HHJP: I will read the grand jury transcript and have that ready for you at eight thirty tuesday morning. All right. Tuesday morning.

Thanks, Beach. Do you happen to know what JP is obliged to do if his review of the transcripts this weekend should show that GA's Grand Jury testimony substantially conflicts with some part of his testimony last week?

In that situation, the judge would be required/expected to hand the transcripts over to the DT so they could review them also. It would be unethical not to, and one thing we can say is this judge is very honest.

I think that JP is going to review them, and then tell the DT there is nothing impeachable in there and to move on.

So what are everyone's guesses as to what their attorney's motion is?

I don't know if this is even legally possible, but could the Anthonys be asking to be released from their sworn depositions,, stating they were under stress and trying to protect their daughter, and now want to testify truthfully?

I don't know if this is even legally possible, but could the Anthonys be asking to be released from their sworn depositions,, stating they were under stress and trying to protect their daughter, and now want to testify truthfully?
Whoa!!! Now that would be a bombshell. The fact that the defense doesn't want it to be heard means that whatever it is, it isn't good for Casey.

I've gotten so behind on reading the motions and knowing who filed what - I hesitate to try to answer, Friday. If the defense filed a motion to unseal, they would have to cite a good cause reason - not just "hey we want to take a peek and see if there might be something in there we can use to bolster our crucifiction of good ol' George".

Your question is an excellent one for the verified attorney thread. Go post it there and I bet you will get a much better and more precise answer.

But I thought when they renewed that motion it was to impeach GA....

That's how I recall it, too. JB said that Casey could have George's p**** in her mouth in the morning and then go to school and play with the other kids as if everything was normal. I think he said that this was when she was 13, so I doubt that 7th or 8th graders are actually "playing".

this was just so disgusting....it made me almost hurl when i heard it.I was thinking this guy is as wacko as his client....

Whoa!!! Now that would be a bombshell. The fact that the defense doesn't want it to be heard means that whatever it is, it isn't good for Casey.

I am thinking they honestly believed her until they saw that to save her own neck, she shocked them into reality.Their new attorney may also have shown them things the other ones didn't.
They have come to the conclusion that, hey, she really has lied.
now to help her and themselves, face the facts whatever those facts are.
They still have Lee & Mallory & future grandchildren.
They may have been dragged through the mud, by Casey....
but they do still have their family.
Some families do have BLACK SHEEP...:weaklink:

i believe there was a shift in focus between the discussion of the motion and the grand jury comment from HHJP....like the motion was one item and then the grand jury was item two on the "housekeeping" list.

I was in court and overheard GA state he would be going to his atty's to sign an affidavit. This was several weeks ago during the evidence hearings. Could that affidavit been a sworn statement denying JB's allegations? With GA 's affidavit being sent to JB, maybe it is illegal to accuse GA of molestation.

i believe there was a shift in focus between the discussion of the motion and the grand jury comment from HHJP....like the motion was one item and then the grand jury was item two on the "housekeeping" list.

ITA, it was my impression from the beginning that these were two entirely separate subjects, too. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back