Lisa Doe believes she was kidnapped - Can you help?, 1960s

I can't get over how much she looks like Sheri Lynn Johnson. I e-mailed the admin of the blog, to suggest that they look into this despite the apparent inconsistency in dates. Given that I know of at least three instances where incorrect Dates of Last Contact resulted in identifications being delayed (some by decades), this is too close of a resemblance to write off based on inconsistent dates.

She is not on the rule out list provided on the blog.

CarlK, did you ever hear back from the admin of the blog?

I sent another email. They asked me in the original email what group I was with, after I said I was with Websleuths, I haven't heard a thing from them!?

Probably because they don't think we are a "credible" bunch of people. Sad, but true.

CarlK, did you ever hear back from the admin of the blog?

Lisa Doe is certain that she was born in the early-mid 60's. She has documents dating back to the 1960's. It's pretty certain that SLJ went missing in 1974. There would have had to be mistakes both in the DLC (Nov 1974)and her DOB (Sep 1970) for her to be Lisa Doe.

Add in the difference in eye color, and this is pretty certain to be nothing other than an amazing resemblance.

Dating the dress-I had a dress exactly like the one she is wearing. I remember it! I was about 5 or 6 so that would have been 1971-72 if that helps. Also, this kid could be my twin lol. same bangs (I cut them myself lol) and hair style.

Probably because they don't think we are a "credible" bunch of people. Sad, but true.

Don't think that everyone feels that way. LCSO was aware of WS and had no qualms about it at all. WS receives many letters from media and law enforcement thanking us for our professionalism.

Just make sure you guys let them know you aren't representing WS, though. :grouphug: Even I can't do that as an administator.

I emailed lostnmissing.com since I still haven't heard back from them @ canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com. She said that this is still an active case and there has been no resolution at this time. Any possible matches would be living children missing from 1959-1961. Most likely from the North Eastern US. Brown hair, Blue eyes, Freckles. She said we could email any possible matches to:
findmywayhome@comcast.net and she will respond about possiblities. She responded right away and didn't seem to care what group I was with.

Don't think that everyone feels that way. LCSO was aware of WS and had no qualms about it at all. WS receives many letters from media and law enforcement thanking us for our professionalism.

Just make sure you guys let them know you aren't representing WS, though. :grouphug: Even I can't do that as an administator.

I don't feel that way at all considering I am trying to match people on a daily basis, but I thought maybe since some of us are just normal people with no detective background (even though I would like to consider myself as one).. i think a lot of us here do a great job! I just know some of us have been blown off by LE in the past and it makes me mad!!!

Michelle Giusti:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giusti_michelle.html
Her sister is also missing, but doesn't have a photo.

The girls' mother is also missing and I thought the photo of the mother resembled the photo of the adult Lisa Doe:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giusti_sharon.html

I actually looked at their profiles yesterday (just didn't remember the name). I thought she might be a possibilty as well.

I asked the admin of Lostnmissing.com if there was a rule out list available so we aren't submitting duplicate potential matches. I also asked if "Lisa" has DNA on file. I will let you know what I hear.

Of course, if Lisa was given up for adoption by her biological mother while a toddler or small child, it will be impossible to 'sleuth out' (at least not here). Lisa may be wise to consult an investigator who is more experienced with helping adoptees find their birth parents.

How does LE feel about her claims?

Thats a very good question believe. I'm surprised no one but you is questioning that, it was my first thought as well. As someone that works in Law Enforcement I can say I meet people daily that are unbalanced and from reading this thread aren't quit convinced she was kidnapped unless something stronger is presented.

I think it is wise to be cautious. While emotional difficulties dont preclude someone having experienced something like this, I have seen a few of these stories and I have known a number of kind sleuthers who have broken their hearts on them.

I think it might be an idea to check and see how LE feels about the situation. fwiw.

I feel the same way. I'd hate to pour all my energies into this one, only to find out she was never abducted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back