Lisa Irwin Disappearance - Thoughts and Theories ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I never bought it. Reminded me too much of Susan Smith. I've seen pleas from parents who were innocent and there is a distinct difference... it can't be imitated, that desperate hopeless realization. Even the finest actors in Hollywood haven't been able to duplicate it.

After I read this I wanted to watch Susan Smith so I got on youtube and found this little video. A fantastic reminder of not just Susan Smith but several others who went in the media with boo hooo hocus pocus tears who professed their innocence. Worth the reminder for any true crime junkies like me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15l9HQgAk4M&feature=related"]Why do killers speak out - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone know where the kitten came from?

I have seen others post the theory that the kitty might have been brought home on impulse as a cuddly-sweet "consolation gift" for the loss of baby Lisa. It would be a guaranteed distraction for the boys.

The thought has crossed my mind that if we knew where they found the kitten, we might find where they put baby Lisa. Dumpsters, abandoned houses, maybe an alley behind a resturant or grocery store would all be likely places to find a litter of kittens.

My hinky meter went up on the kitty also.. especially allowing it to sleep in bed the same day its brought home. GREAT THINKING!

What is a Munchhausen Mother? (sorry, I don't have kids)

Munchausen by proxy = mother's do very bad things to their children to garner attention, usually from the medical community. Sick - many children have died because of this disease.

Munchausen by proxy = mother's do very bad things to their children to garner attention, usually from the medical community. Sick - many children have died because of this disease.

Would there be a history of such behavior with her son ?

Would there be a history of such behavior with her son ?

Munchausen by proxy parents go to medical facilities and pretend the child is sick. Not make the child disappear. If she had Muchhausen by proxy she would be taking her child to the doctors all the time pretending the child was sick, or doing things to make child sick. So it doesn't fit.

The child would have had a history of constantly being taken to doctors, and we have not heard anything like that at all.

Let me rephrase to say "Munchausen'S TYPE" In this case a child is killed and LE is sent on a wild goose chase (in order for the mother to continue to gain sympathy and attention from the public. And we do not know whether or not this baby was seen by medical professionals on a regular basis, so at this point it's pure conjecture.

After I read this I wanted to watch Susan Smith so I got on youtube and found this little video. A fantastic reminder of not just Susan Smith but several others who went in the media with boo hooo hocus pocus tears who professed their innocence. Worth the reminder for any true crime junkies like me.

Why do killers speak out - YouTube

imo i see a difference in susan smith and DB. susan smith was just a terrible liar.

People cry for so many reasons, guilt, frutstration, greiving, great whoopie, pain, anger.... Her crying got to me to...the first two times - then it just annoyed me because I wanted her to answer the questions. I came to feel as though she was using the crying to create "gaps", IYKWIM.

I just don't feel that sweet baby is dead. I think she's alive or the parents would be helping to find her. If she is dead, I will be surprised and totally anhillated.

Bring that baby girl home.

I do know what you mean.

Today got me because all the talk of lights and phones and doors slowed and the reality of what they might find hit like a ton of bricks. There are moments I'll think, "Wait, maybe she's not guilty of anything." But then I remember the silence and the 'exclusive deals' and all the weird 'firsts'. When our cat was lost, my husband and I found ourselves out on a highway looking until we realized that was kind of ludicrous. But it was something to do besides wait. A child? I have to believe I would be out like the Spierers. Out in view talking until people knew my words by heart.

I cannot fathom the pain of a missing child except to the extent I'm broken- hearted over Lisa.

Let me rephrase to say "Munchausen'S TYPE" In this case a child is killed and LE is sent on a wild goose chase (in order for the mother to continue to gain sympathy and attention from the public. And we do not know whether or not this baby was seen by medical professionals on a regular basis, so at this point it's pure conjecture.

The wild goose chase rings a very loud bell for me. JMO of course! But the 'hot tip in California' gave me the feeling, 'Oooh, look over there! Now over there!'

imo i see a difference in susan smith and DB. susan smith was just a terrible liar.

I must say hat clip wasn't her best acting during the ordeal. She definitely had moments comparable to DB (but overall she just wasn't very believable.) Her ex husband was the entire time, IMHO.

My hinky meter went up on the kitty also.. especially allowing it to sleep in bed the same day its brought home. GREAT THINKING!

As someone with a houseful of cats, I personally don't have issues with allowing the kitten in the house or to sleep with the boy. It's the irony that the boy and the kitten were in the bed with DB when Lisa was allegedly kidnapped, and that Lisa was sick. Why wasn't Lisa with DB?

As someone with a houseful of cats, I personally don't have issues with allowing the kitten in the house or to sleep with the boy. It's the irony that the boy and the kitten were in the bed with DB when Lisa was allegedly kidnapped, and that Lisa was sick. Why wasn't Lisa with DB?

Too many "firsts" in one evening for me to feel remotely comfy about DB..

I'm a dog fan but if my son brought home a puppy he found in the street I personally don't think I'd allow it to sleep with him without it first being seen by a vet (disease, worms, etc). But that's just me. The kitten by itself itsn't all that unusual but when a baby turns up missing the night one is brought home.....

I keep thinking about how close to the airport (MCI) they live....the fact that you do not need ID for a child when traveling with a child....Baby Lisa could have been anywhere by the time they called 911....wonder if LE or FBI have reviewed cameras/footage at the airport....and now I am wondering WHY ID is not needed....this should be a duh point for security...jmo

I don't know if you are familiar with the Emily Machado case. Her father was finally reunited with her and he is currently working to have a law passed that would do just this (and then some).

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/emily-s-law/sign.html

Too many "firsts" in one evening for me to feel remotely comfy about DB..

I'm a dog fan but if my son brought home a puppy he found in the street I personally don't think I'd allow it to sleep with him without it first being seen by a vet (disease, worms, etc). But that's just me. The kitten by itself itsn't all that unusual but when a baby turns up missing the night one is brought home.....

Exactly - too many "firsts" and coincidences. I also am curious where the kitten came from and at what time during the day. I'd love to believe it just wandered into their yard and the boy fell in love with it. And that also leads to another question, where is the kitten now? Hopefully being taken care of!

:(

I must say hat clip wasn't her best acting during the ordeal. She definitely had moments comparable to DB (but overall she just wasn't very believable.) Her ex husband was the entire time, IMHO.

i have yet to see a clip of these parents to compare to susan smith. i recall when SS was on news "crying" and looking down and begging someone to bring the boys back, i kept thinking "where is the moisture around the eyes, the face doesnt match the voice".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member