Lisa Irwin Disappearance - Thoughts and Theories ONLY!

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by tlcya, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked True Crime Writer

I'd be interested to know if baby Lisa was "sick" often or had an increased amount of doctors visits?

2. kai

kai Well-Known Member

After I read this I wanted to watch Susan Smith so I got on youtube and found this little video. A fantastic reminder of not just Susan Smith but several others who went in the media with boo hooo hocus pocus tears who professed their innocence. Worth the reminder for any true crime junkies like me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15l9HQgAk4M&feature=related"]Why do killers speak out - YouTube[/ame]

3. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

My hinky meter went up on the kitty also.. especially allowing it to sleep in bed the same day its brought home. GREAT THINKING!

4. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

Munchausen by proxy = mother's do very bad things to their children to garner attention, usually from the medical community. Sick - many children have died because of this disease.

5. dagascag

dagascag New Member

6. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

Would there be a history of such behavior with her son ?

7. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Munchausen by proxy parents go to medical facilities and pretend the child is sick. Not make the child disappear. If she had Muchhausen by proxy she would be taking her child to the doctors all the time pretending the child was sick, or doing things to make child sick. So it doesn't fit.

8. dagascag

dagascag New Member

It would if she went "too far" this time. :(

9. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

The child would have had a history of constantly being taken to doctors, and we have not heard anything like that at all.

10. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

Let me rephrase to say "Munchausen'S TYPE" In this case a child is killed and LE is sent on a wild goose chase (in order for the mother to continue to gain sympathy and attention from the public. And we do not know whether or not this baby was seen by medical professionals on a regular basis, so at this point it's pure conjecture.

11. amy3791

amy3791 New Member

imo i see a difference in susan smith and DB. susan smith was just a terrible liar.

12. jacy

jacy Member

I do know what you mean.

Today got me because all the talk of lights and phones and doors slowed and the reality of what they might find hit like a ton of bricks. There are moments I'll think, "Wait, maybe she's not guilty of anything." But then I remember the silence and the 'exclusive deals' and all the weird 'firsts'. When our cat was lost, my husband and I found ourselves out on a highway looking until we realized that was kind of ludicrous. But it was something to do besides wait. A child? I have to believe I would be out like the Spierers. Out in view talking until people knew my words by heart.

I cannot fathom the pain of a missing child except to the extent I'm broken- hearted over Lisa.

13. jacy

jacy Member

The wild goose chase rings a very loud bell for me. JMO of course! But the 'hot tip in California' gave me the feeling, 'Oooh, look over there! Now over there!'

14. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

I must say hat clip wasn't her best acting during the ordeal. She definitely had moments comparable to DB (but overall she just wasn't very believable.) Her ex husband was the entire time, IMHO.

15. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

As someone with a houseful of cats, I personally don't have issues with allowing the kitten in the house or to sleep with the boy. It's the irony that the boy and the kitten were in the bed with DB when Lisa was allegedly kidnapped, and that Lisa was sick. Why wasn't Lisa with DB?

16. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

Too many "firsts" in one evening for me to feel remotely comfy about DB..

I'm a dog fan but if my son brought home a puppy he found in the street I personally don't think I'd allow it to sleep with him without it first being seen by a vet (disease, worms, etc). But that's just me. The kitten by itself itsn't all that unusual but when a baby turns up missing the night one is brought home.....

17. c@rol

c@rol Active Member

I don't know if you are familiar with the Emily Machado case. Her father was finally reunited with her and he is currently working to have a law passed that would do just this (and then some).

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/emily-s-law/sign.html

18. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

Exactly - too many "firsts" and coincidences. I also am curious where the kitten came from and at what time during the day. I'd love to believe it just wandered into their yard and the boy fell in love with it. And that also leads to another question, where is the kitten now? Hopefully being taken care of!

:(

19. Paige SC

Paige SC New Member

She was sick the night she went missing.... Do we know what type of illness she had?

20. runsdeep

runsdeep New Member

i have yet to see a clip of these parents to compare to susan smith. i recall when SS was on news "crying" and looking down and begging someone to bring the boys back, i kept thinking "where is the moisture around the eyes, the face doesnt match the voice".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.