Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family, Friends Gather To Remember Missing Woman

Family Meets With Police, Husband

POSTED: 6:39 pm CDT May 9, 2007
UPDATED: 11:09 pm CDT May 9, 2007

CHICAGO ~snipped~ Approximately 100 family and friends attended the vigil, bringing tokens of remembrance for Stebic, NBC5's Amy Jacobson reported.

Jacobson also reported that Stebic's family met with both the Plainfield police and the FBI. The family then went to Stebic's home, where they met with her husband Craig and the couple's two children.

~snip~

Joe Stebic, Craig's father, said his son has told him that he had nothing to do with the disappearance.

"That's what he told me, I asked him yesterday," Stebic said. "I have to believe him -- he's my son."

More:
http://www.nbc5.com/news/13290057/detail.html

Joe Stebic's statement above comes off to me as if he's not really all that convinced about his son's innocence. That's my take on it, anyway.

MICHELE FIORE, REPORTER, WBBM: Well, the latest information I have for you, Nancy, is that I did speak to Plainfield police this afternoon, and they tell me that tips are now coming into their department. And that is significant, because over the weekend, when I first met with the deputy police chief, he told me they had nothing at that point. They were desperate for leads. And now they`re finally coming into the station. He says any lead, even saying one that may seem insignificant to people, can be just the tip that they`re looking for, and that can help bring Lisa Stebic home to her family.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/09/ng.01.html

I wonder just who those tips are concerning. Tips on Lisa or tips on Craig?

Well my first thought was that they were probably concerning the friends that said Lisa had told them if anything ever happened to her to look at Craig.

Then I shuddered as I recalled the last sentence of the link I just posted, which states:

"(NBC5's Amy) Jacobson reported that authorities would search nearby retention ponds on Thursday."

That's sad to think about. :(

Family, Friends Gather To Remember Missing Woman

Family Meets With Police, Husband

POSTED: 6:39 pm CDT May 9, 2007
UPDATED: 11:09 pm CDT May 9, 2007

CHICAGO ~snipped~ Approximately 100 family and friends attended the vigil, bringing tokens of remembrance for Stebic, NBC5's Amy Jacobson reported.

Jacobson also reported that Stebic's family met with both the Plainfield police and the FBI. The family then went to Stebic's home, where they met with her husband Craig and the couple's two children.

~snip~

Joe Stebic, Craig's father, said his son has told him that he had nothing to do with the disappearance.

"That's what he told me, I asked him yesterday," Stebic said. "I have to believe him -- he's my son."

More:
http://www.nbc5.com/news/13290057/detail.html

Joe Stebic's statement above comes off to me as if he's not really all that convinced about his son's innocence. That's my take on it, anyway.

I agree with you! The way he says "I have to believe him -- he's my son."- seems like he may have doubts!

Ahhh, I went back to the link to get the quote and then addressed your post on the previous page without previewing. Seems like we're on the same wave length though.

It seems a logical step with a child. Maybe too with an adult that was last seen near one or along a jogging path or something? Maybe its just the next step?? It sounds as if they've covered quite a bit of ground although I'm not sure where I read that.

It seems a logical step with a child. Maybe too with an adult that was last seen near one or along a jogging path or something? Maybe its just the next step?? It sounds as if they've covered quite a bit of ground although I'm not sure where I read that.

Hopefully, maybe someone saw her IF she did make it to go jogging. But from what we've been privy to up until now, the last known person to see her was Craig.

Why in the world did he wait until 10:00 am the next morning? He thought she just went to exercise...that doesn't take all night. Nancy Grace covered this story tonight and if I remember right he said she always left late at night to go exercise...maybe my memory is failing me though but I thought that is what he said because I thought that was an odd time to leave to exercise.

In the article about his felonys.......

In 1995, Craig Stebic was charged with two felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon after police stopped his vehicle about 1,000 feet south of two Lincolnshire schools at 9 in the morning, according to the Tribune.

Police found a 10-gauge double-barrel shotgun, a .44 magnum semi-automatic pistol, a Ruger Mini-14 assault rifle and an AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifle in his 1998 Toyota pickup.

He was also charged with four misdemeanor counts of unlawful use of a weapon, operating an unsafe motor vehicle and driving while his license was revoked, according to the Tribune.

Look at the type of guns he had with him :confused: :eek: Why would he have those types of guns with him in his vehicle????? This guy doesn't sound like your upstanding citizen to me. I wonder why his license had been revoked. Unlawful use of a weapon....was he shooting at something?

The search for Stebic: "Our hearts are broken'

Good Morning
Thursday, May 10, 2007STNG NEWS ALERTS ::
TOP STORIES :: NEWS » BUSINESS » SPORTS » ENTERTAINMENT »

Lisa Stebic's sister Jamie Bouma (from front left), cousin Mark Greenberg, sister Debbie Ruttenberg, daughter Alexis Stebic, husband Craig Stebic and son Zac Stebic comfort one another during a vigil for the missing Plainfield woman Wednesday evening near the Stebics' home. MICHAEL R. SCHMIDT/STAFF PHOTOGRAPHERThe search for Stebic: "Our hearts are broken'
More than a week after Lisa Stebic was reported missing, friends, family and well-wishers gathered at a park near her house Wednesday evening to hold a vigil for her safe return. "Our hearts are broken. It's tearing up every one of us," said Lisa's sister, Debbie Ruttenberg. Stebic, 37, has been missing from her Plainfield home since April 30.http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/plainfieldsun/index.html

Husband files for custody of couple's kids

May 10, 2007
By JANET LUNDQUIST Staff Writer
JOLIET -- Fearing his estranged and missing wife may intend to return, swoop up their children and disappear again, Craig Stebic on Wednesday filed an emergency motion for temporary custody of his two kids.

"We don't know what's going on," said Dion Davi, Stebic's attorney, speaking to Will County Circuit Court Judge Joseph Polito.

"We don't know if Lisa has performed a disappearing act and is planning to come back and take the children," Davi said. "The kids potentially are in danger of being taken away from their father."

RELATED STORIES
• Vigil for missing mom: 'Our hearts are broken'
Lisa Stebic of Plainfield was reported missing May 1. The 37-year-old was last seen about 6 p.m. April 30 at her Red Star Drive home.
Her car is still at home. There has been no activity on her cell phone or credit cards since April 30. Police said Wednesday there is still no sign of foul play, no suspects in her disappearance and no leads on her whereabouts.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/379472,4_1_JO10_VIGIL_S2.article

Here's why they're searching the ponds:

snip:
They say Lisa told them Craig threatened on several occasions that he would kill her and nobody would find her.

"I've heard her say, 'If anything ever happened to me, look towards Craig,'" said Amer Zegar, who, along with his wife, hosted Lisa and her two children at his home several times since January. "I don't want to blame someone who's innocent. (But) we're scared, we really are."

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_130073345.html

The police must believe he got rid of her while the kids were at the store. They're starting to search close to the house.

I think it is so odd that he files for custody of the kids. He's still trying to make her look bad in the media. No matter how much I dislike my DD's father, I wouldn't be slamming him in the media.

If my spouse went missing, I wouldn't be thinking of custody issues.

I think it is so odd that he files for custody of the kids. He's still trying to make her look bad in the media. No matter how much I dislike my DD's father, I wouldn't be slamming him in the media.

If my spouse went missing, I wouldn't be thinking of custody issues.

You probably wouldn't murder him and dump his dead body in a retention pond either!;)

Susan

is the timeline that the children saw her before they went to the store and when they got back she was gone? so he had all night to hide her?

I don't think I'd need to be accompanied by my lawyer to attend my missing spouse's vigil. Gee, that's just plain tacky!

But, I'm trying to keep an open mind! :cool:

I've been following this on the ctv board. I looked for it here last night in the missing forum, found it this morning. I'm glad we have the case here.

<<I don't think I'd need to be accompanied by my lawyer to attend my missing spouse's vigil. Gee, that's just plain tacky!

But, I'm trying to keep an open mind! >>

But if you're filing for sole custody on the day of your wife's vigil, it'd be rude not to ask the lawyer back to the neighborhood for the reception.

I don't care what that clown says or tries to make people believe, she didn't willingly walk away from her children imo. If she wanted to leave I'm sure she would have taken the kids.

That ad she posted or was supposed to have shows the last time accessed was April 11th. With no contacts by e-mail or phone to her how does he expect that story to be believable? How was he even aware of her ad since they weren't speaking? He wasn't because he placed that ad to create an unknown stranger imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288