Listen Carefully: Truth and Evidence book

pubineapplube

Reaction score
Is it known who authored the Listen Carefully book, and if there's a reason why a group pen name was used?

I have never heard of this book before. What are your impressions after reading?
I bought this right after it came out and I liked it a lot. Here is the review I put on amazon:

Definitely the best "non-insider" Ramsey book I've read so far and a great supplement to the two books written by former lead case investigators Steve Thomas (Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation) and later James Kolar (Foreign Faction), a pair of books best described as "How The Boulder District Attorney's Office Tanked This Case, Part 1 and Part 2". Unlike the aforementioned books which share information gleaned directly from police evidence and personal experience behind the scenes, Listen Carefully collates and analyzes publicly available material to provide a well-rounded overview of the crime and its aftermath. In a refreshing departure from most books on this subject, the author does not offer any theory as to which Ramsey did what or why - though they have clearly rejected and in my opinion debunked the "intruder theory." They simply lay out the facts without promoting any pet theory.

I described this as a supplement for Thomas and Kolar's books because you would really be missing out if you did not read those books too - they are packed with important details. Listen Carefully is not an exhaustive summary of the case, but it's not a simple rehashing of old material either. This is a case full of so many twists and turns it will make your head spin, and the author has chosen to highlight some of the twists known to longtime case followers but not extensively covered in previous books. The information is as up-to-date as you can get - they include references to interviews and articles written just weeks before publication. My only complaint is that the book wasn't longer. But if you want a good intro to the Ramsey investigation or find yourself wanting more after reading the other books, you'll definitely want to pick up this one.
38 people found this helpful

The conclusion Listen Carefully comes to is that it was Burke. What was funny was that I didn't know until recently that there was a feature on Facebook called 'hide' where an admin can make someone's comment invisible to only the person who posted it so their comment has been effectively removed but the original poster doesn't realize it. I thought it was weird that any time I disagreed with an admin and posted a source to verify that my info was correct, no would respond so I went in with alts and realized my posts were invisible and even then I didn't catch on. I thought there was some sort of Facebook glitch that was causing this. It was actually kind of funny.

Hey everyone,

Many posts have been removed as off topic in this thread.

When a member starts a specific thread, please don't hijack the thread with case discussion that does not relate to the book.

Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back