Lithuania - Andrej Kurcinskij, 12, & Rimas Cironka, 14, Vilnius, 12 May 1997

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by outofthedark, Apr 18, 2007.

1. outofthedark

outofthedark Lyle Stevik's FB Hostess

2. Loading...

3. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily New Member

My memory of this is hazy, but I seem to recall talk of small Eastern European children being abducted for black-market adoption in the West around this time. However, at 12 and 14, Andrej and Rimas would be far too old for that even if such an adoption ring existed.

4. outofthedark

outofthedark Lyle Stevik's FB Hostess

I was thinking that one of the only ways they could have disappeared this way is if they were abducted by the same person or by someone who worked with the abductor. They could have ended up the same way as Johnny Gosch

5. KarlK

KarlK New Member

Could be, or they could be runaways as well. There isn't much info to go on. Rampant criminality in former USSR countries was even worse during the 1990's than it is now, a lot bad things could happen to a child without police giving it much attention.

6. Stella

Stella Member

Did these two boys disappear together or separately? It sort of reminds me of the disappearances of two other boys, Clifford Sherwood and Georges Gumbley of Verdun, Quebec in 1954. They were together when they disappeared. The theory is Cliffords' father abducted them, but nobody really knows. Very weird story.

7. KarlK

KarlK New Member

I have seen that story on Unsolved Mysteries, truly baffling.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/208dmqc.html

As for the Lithuanian boys, it doesn't appear as if they were together when they vanished.

8. bflocket

bflocket Well-Known Member

I don't see how these two MP's couldn't be related. Two boys, one 12 and the other 14, went missing from the same town on the same day.