Local BAR says JB may have to step down

After watching Jose at last Fridays hearings it seems obvious to me that he is in way over his head & his handling of the media has done more harm than good to his client

In my opinion if KC is convicted of murder she would have legitimate grounds for appeal for an inadequate defense.........I think he should step down - That way KC has no excuses!

Hate to say this becuase, as awful as it is, part of me, most of me actually, feels great glee that this woman who refuses to help find her child whose demise she may very well have caused has an obviously not very competent lawyer to handle her case. His appearances in the media do not help his client, in fact the opposite, and Casey's all-dayers at his office are completely inappropriate. Oh camera, he actually projects that he has developed some type of relationship with KC , whether he has or not, which is certainly not propper given the circumstances. Plus, he has not shown himself to have the chops to make sure this woman has adequate representation. Incompetent representation as a result may actually end up to be the best case for appeal that KC will have. As much as I think KC is guilty and as much as I want to see her punished for her part in Caylee's disappearance, I do not think JB is not a good enough lawyer to be handling this case.

Can the Bar really come out with such a statement in light of the GJ and in the middle of all this?! I find it difficult to believe they can trash one of their own so easily.

Well after Jose's grand and embarrassing show last week Fri. I am not at all surprised! Not only was he completely unprepared for court, most of it was for naught. The man is clearly at a loss here. And the other guy that was with him did not impress me very much either.

Hahhaha. I was just playing around in the Parking Lot thread b4 I came here.
Check out my last pic: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70832&page=7

OK joking aside.. can the bar do that? Is this article for real?

I have never heard of it happening anywhere but that doesn't meqan it's not possible. I think it shows a HUGE lack of faith in Mr. Baez. Deserved as it is. He may go down as the most disrespected attorney in Florida.

Well after Jose's grand and embarrassing show last week Fri. I am not at all surprised! Not only was he completely unprepared for court, most of it was for naught. The man is clearly at a loss here. And the other guy that was with him did not impress me very much either.

I thought the other guy did a reasonable presentation of the facts though and poor ole Baez seemed too disorganized to even talk. I still can't believe he didn't cite even one instance of "case law" to the judge.

I am so grateful that she has not been charged yet in the homicide, so she can't use the excuse of inadequate representation.

Concerning JB president of crim defense atty association said if first degree, JB may not be able to represent in DP case. JB does not have the qualifications. Must have 5 yrs exp, co counsel for two years, show proficiency and commitment in capital cases.

On a positive note Casey can represent herself, I am sure she has the work experience. :crazy:

WFTV just announced that JB has hired the other Lawyer that was with him in court on Friday as co-counsel. Casen or something like that.. He's from Ft. Lauderdale and was chosen Public Defender of the year...
Oh joy, another target for Casey. Who chose him Public defender of the year?

Can the Bar really come out with such a statement in light of the GJ and in the middle of all this?! I find it difficult to believe they can trash one of their own so easily.

If it's true that there are certain requirements an attorney has to meet in order to try a capital murder case in Florida and, assuming the Grand Jury is going to indict on capital murder, I suppose they can do it. I don't know if it would be considered trashing one of their own. Baez was qualified to handle the financial and neglect, etc. charges. He may not be qualified for the new charges - that's not trashing, it's simple fact.

Interesting, Chilly. Seems like it would be saying, "He isn't as good as he says he is!"

Concerning JB president of crim defense atty association said if first degree, JB may not be able to represent in DP case. JB does not have the qualifications. Must have 5 yrs exp, co counsel for two years, show proficiency and commitment in capital cases.

I heard that too while I was out snagging avatars....it does explain things and makes sense.

Competent counsel is critical when you are dealing with felony murder.

That just doesn't make sense. Since when does the bar decide what cases an atty. handles. Some thing else it up.:waitasec:

The Bar did not just decide this, no way. My guess would be Nejame filed a complaint with the Bar and that is how they got involved.

If it's true that there are certain requirements an attorney has to meet in order to try a capital murder case in Florida and, assuming the Grand Jury is going to indict on capital murder, I suppose they can do it. I don't know if it would be considered trashing one of their own. Baez was qualified to handle the financial and neglect, etc. charges. He may not be qualified for the new charges - that's not trashing, it's simple fact.

He has defended a murder charge before. Just recently. But he did loose the case. It was lost right after this case was winding up.

This is the site for the Florida Bar.
http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/flabarwe.nsf

I did go looking around and there are some things that make me think that it is a possibilty that the bar could say this, but I am not a lawyer so....
From what I could tell it has to do with abiltiy to defend certain type of cases and has to be borad certified to do so.
"Only an individual attorney who has been board certified in an area of practice pursuant to Chapter 6 of the Rules Regulating The Florida Bar "

I have no idea what JB is certified for and his newly done website does not say board certified or list his license number anywhere on it. It does though say practice ares ..Homicide
http://www.baezlawfirm.com/#

Guess we will have to see what else come out about this.

Interesting, Chilly. Seems like it would be saying, "He isn't as good as he says he is!"

If he went into this knowing he was not qualified to represent Casey if she were charged with murder, then he isn't as good as he says he is. He could continue to represent her on the financial crimes, but she'll need a murder qualified attorney if the GJ brings down an indictment.

Oh joy, another target for Casey. Who chose him Public defender of the year?

Public Defender of the Year - sounds like a State title. Interesting, because if that's really what he is, he may be a bonafide Florida State Public Defender. Baez is only a criminal attorney, I think, not a FLPDA.

http://www.flpda.org/

I heard that too while I was out snagging avatars....it does explain things and makes sense.

Competent counsel is critical when you are dealing with felony murder.

Baez did do a Murder 1 case the sentencing was one of the days Casey was released from jail. I know this because there was an article that Baez was 45 minutes late and left the judge and his client waiting because he wanted to take Casey home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back