Loch Ness Monster 'spotted' from satellite

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Paintr, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Paintr

Paintr New Member

2. Loading...

3. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

One of my favorite monster sightings. Love to follow these stories....:):)

Gozgals

4. chesterp

chesterp Former Member

Maybe they should use the satellite to find the mermaid...

5. January.

January. Active Member

What IS that?

6. RainbowsAndGumdrops

RainbowsAndGumdrops New Member

I don't see any evidence that whatever this is is moving. A logical answer is that it is an island, along with the other stuff near it. Google Earth shows a snapshot, not a time sequence of events. There is nothing that shows that this is moving. If updated shots at the same location show that the object is gone, there may be a bit more fun to be had as we can all speculate as to what it was.

7. mayfairlight

mayfairlight Former Member

I think it's a boat with tourists looking for the Loch Ness monster:thumb:

8. Paintr

Paintr New Member

My favorite also. I would love to believe that Nessie is 'out there' alive and well. :woohoo:

9. bogeygal

bogeygal Registered User

The Loch Ness Monster is responsible for peaking my interest way back in childhood on "solving mysteries"!

Look at me now....at this ripe old age...still a sleuther! :crazy:

10. Paintr

Paintr New Member

11. Paintr

Paintr New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.google.ca/search?q=loch+ness+monster&hl=en&rlz=1T4IBMA_enCA205CA206&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=9yeYSo-0Kor-M8j2ucgF&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=19

Timeline for sightings

565 AD 565 AD - There have been countless recorded sightings of the Loch ness monster, but the first actual sighting supposedly dates back to St. Columba's encounter with an unidentified creature in Loch Ness in 565 AD. Nessie also has it's own website, http://www.nessie.co.uk ...There have been countless recorded sightings of the Loch ness monster, but the first actual sighting supposedly dates back to St. Columba's encounter with an unidentified creature in Loch Ness in 565 AD. Nessie also has it's own website, http://www.nessie.co.uk, where visitors can see Nessie Multimedia, and read the list of Nessie sightings and stories. Steve Feltham has been chasing the Loch Ness monster for almost 11 years. He gave up a well-paid job installing burglar alarms ...
    Show more
    Show less
    From LOCH NESS MONSTER CAM - Related web pages
    www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/monsters/facts.html

1933 Dec 14, 1933 - The mysterious monster in Loch Ness, which now has been nicknamed "Bobby," has brought £5000 to the pockets of local tradesmen and hotel keepers. The pier superintendent at Drumnadrochit says; "I saw 'Bobby' for the eighth time yesterday. Two humps were racing through the water ...
    From LOCH NESS MONSTER MOTOR-LIKE SPEED LONDON, December 12. - Related web pages
    ndpbeta.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/1150709

1934 Apr 21, 1934 - The Loch Ness monster has returned like a bad dream to disturb scientists and editors who had hoped to forget about it, and in a form demanding some attention. The Loch Ness monster has returned like a bad dream to disturb scientists and editors who had hoped to forget about it, ...
    From Surgeon Photographs Loch Ness Monster; Biologists Are Not Yet Able to … - Related web pages
    select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res ...

1969 Jul 9, 1969 - A midget American submarine joined the hunt for the Loch Ness monster today and almost immediately sprang a leak. The leak, on a hatch seal, delayed plans of the Loch Ness Phenomena Investigation Bureau, a British-American group determined to find the monster--if it exists. ...
    From Submarine Leak Delays Loch Ness Monster Hunt - Related web pages
    select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res ...

1975 Dec 11, 1975 - Nessie, the Loch Ness monster, was given a new name Wednesday as American and British believers presented photographic "evidence" that she exists. JUST CALL HER. JUST CALL HER. BY HARRY. Timn Staff Wrier. , LONDON-Nessie. the Loch Ness monster, was given a new name Wednesday as ...
    From Loch Ness Monster Gets a New Name - Related web pages
    pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/609509342 ...

1987 Oct 12, 1987 - Author: Edith M. Lederer, AP. The biggest scientific search for the Loch Ness monster ended yesterday with one purported monster photograph debunked, three sonar contacts showing something big in the murky waters and the elusive Nessie still a legend. The three-day expedition proved to ...
    From SEARCH FOR LOCH NESS MONSTER ENDS WITHOUT A CLUE TO … - Related web pages
    docs.newsbank.com/g/GooglePM/PI/lib00187 ...

continued...

12. willow

willow New Member

As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "Nessie, our underwater ally."

That always breaks me up.

13. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

OT but did any of you read an old book called "Chariots of the Gods?: Unsolved Mysteries of the Past" I had to go look it up it's from the late 60's.

Man I loved that book when I was in jr. high.

This thread reminded me of it. I think I'll go buy it for my middle son, he loves to entertain the "impossible". (He's the one we are taking to Roswell in near future) :)

14. Sooner Fan#1

Sooner Fan#1 Rest in Peace

My hubby has is 3/4 welch and nessie is on our "Must see" list...that's if we make it thru (my fav) the Bermuda Triangle! :blowkiss:

15. Paintr

Paintr New Member

Take lots of pictures. Then post 'em here, please.:)

16. Mazama

Mazama New Member

I took this picture 2 years ago while on holiday in Scotland. This is Loch Ness looking through the water gate at Castle Urquhart situated on the shore of Loch Ness. Ooooh! Is that Nessie?

View attachment 5067

Maz :crazy:

FYI: There are many tour boats on the loch, almost takes away the mystery of Loch Ness.