Logging in

jilly

Reaction score
The last two days, I'm having to log in every time I come here. Seems I can't be 'remembered'.

Can someone please tell me why this is suddenly happening?

Can't offer an explanation as to why, but you're not alone -- same for me. There was a forum update announced on the (past) weekend, I assume something was changed then that has this effect. Hopefully it will get fixed soon ;)

Can't offer an explanation as to why, but you're not alone -- same for me. There was a forum update announced on the (past) weekend, I assume something was changed then that has this effect. Hopefully it will get fixed soon ;)

Yeah...I read that. My password is not the same as my user.

I just pm'd Christine and she said to delete my cookies. Well, I did that with my internet explorer, rebooted, logged in and it seems to have worked. Not working for Mozilla Firefox so I'm rechecking that.

It's happening to me, too. I think it may have also happened while I was away from the computer for a few minutes, but not positive. It's not that big a deal, but I keep forgetting and I like to turn the avatars off and just have a plain screen.

It's happening to me, too. BLAH! I don't want to delete my cookies, though. UGH! :eek:

Swannie

Update: I deleted cookies and shall see how this goes.

Hi all. This is happenening to me too. I can't even refresh or go to another forum area and stay logged in.

What does deleting cookies do to your computer? I'd like to try it but I want to make sure what will happen throughout my computer. Thanks.

Any websites that require a login and/or password will require you to put that information in again. This is what I hate when I have to delete mine.

Almost every website you visit will store a cookie on your computer, it might contain login and/or password information for the site you are visiting, sites also store lots of other information. If you want to know more Google - internet cookies. So you can have a lot. Cookies are held in a folder on your computer. You can look at them (not interesting though). Should be somewhere similar to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies Yours might be a little different. If you want you can just delete the Websleuths cookies from the folder and leave the rest. Assumption is that it/they would be named websleuths something.

Every time vBulletin is upgraded I have to go through this as well.

Every browser I use allows me to delete just the cookies for websleuths.com, and that's what it usually takes. An alternative is to log in and select "stay logged in", logout, then log in again. This will reset all the WS cookies.

The cookies were reset, but that didn't work for me.

I have applied a patch from vBulletin - please try again.
well dangit now i dont know if i fixed it or you did LOL

i did start>accessories>system tools>disc cleanup> ok (temp files removed)

logged me in fine this morning. long as it works i dont care how :)

:blowkiss: Yup, yup, yup. That was what I needed. Thank you so much.

The last two days, I'm having to log in every time I come here. Seems I can't be 'remembered'.

I remember you..does that help? :blowkiss:

I have applied a patch from vBulletin - please try again.

Still not keeping me logged in, even though I checked the box.

The problem I am having is that I am automatically being signed out after a certain period of time. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change? Thanks

The problem I am having is that I am automatically being signed out after a certain period of time. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change? Thanks

are you remembering to put the green check mark in the little square next to where you log in that reads remember me? I just recently started making use of that feature. Silly me, I never noticed it before.

Prior to that I would get timed out if I had not been active for a long enough period or took too long to compose my post.

This may be a little o/t but I need to get my question noticed and it sometimes happens along with trouble being remembered. I have looked everywhere for an answer. Sometimes when I am composing a post my screen starts rolling and I can't finish the message. Also does this when I am trying to write a PM. Could someone help me with this?

That sounds like a problem with your mouse. Can you test another mouse and see if that resolves the problem?

Thanks Kimster, I'll try to find another mouse as soon as our tornado warning is over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back