long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok serious question.
I am not sure if this is an April Fool's joke or not.

~I don't think it makes a difference in the case, but
is it true that Richard Samuels PhD website has been taken down?

I never saw it in the first place.

~anyone???

I had seen his website before. It does appear that it has been taken down. Interesting.

Dmaky, this is just speculation, but I wonder if this refers to an interview with her lawyers, specifically Nurmi?

I think I read that it was at the time of the hearing about the pedo letters was when Nurmi tried to withdraw. There was speculation that he knew MM and/or Jodi was going to lie in that hearing and he didn't want to be part of that. [Maybe hard to believe, since he must know Jodi lying her @ss off constantly . . .]

If MM said one thing during one interview, then Jodi sent him the message in the magazine to come see her and get the new story, then Nurmi interviews MM and his story is different and now matches Jodi's, he would know something was up.

Now I don't actually know if MM ever got the message in the mag, I guess not or how would the prosecution end up with it? But maybe she got to him another way. She is very sneaky and conniving.

But why would she say the interview was excellent if he screwed it up?

Magazine message:
"you fuc*ed up, what you told my attorney the next day directly contradicts what I've been saying for over a year. get down here asap and see me before you talk to them again and before you testify so we can fix this. Interview was excellent! must talk asap"

It's probably nothing, but for some reason it is driving me crazy (er) :banghead: I keep wondering if he was interviewed about JA on 48 hrs, or some other media interview???

Point is it is not the REAL Dr. Samuels not any more than it5 would be the real Juan Martinez, April Fools has nothing to do with it.

Do you know that for a fact though? No one does unless they were sitting with him or whoever wrote it. I guess Its opinion not fact.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Magazine message:
"you fuc*ed up, what you told my attorney the next day directly contradicts what I've been saying for over a year. get down here asap and see me before you talk to them again and before you testify so we can fix this. Interview was excellent! must talk asap"

It's probably nothing, but for some reason it is driving me crazy (er) :banghead: I keep wondering if he was interviewed about JA on 48 hrs, or some other media interview???

I think she's referring to an interview SHE did. I don't remember the timeline, but possibly 48 hours or something.

Magazine message:

That was my thought. It was possibly someone who was interviewed for 48hours or something like that. Now there isn't exactly a lot of her friends coming out to defend her so it would be a fairly short list to get through

I believe what happened was that one of Jodi's supporters sent Samuels and email and he responded. The supporter posted his response. So it may be that Samuels himself did not intend to have something on that site. But, really, he shouldn't have responded at all. The guy's not very bright. JMO

ETA: I see TruthDetector put the whole post out there, and it appears he DID know his response would appear. So he's even a bigger fool than I thought.

Is there anywhere I can read this? I can't access fb at work. TIA.

I removed the April Fool's joke only because it was causing a TON of panic and confusion.

No harm, no foul. Just needed to calm the thread down. :)

That was my thought. It was possibly someone who was interviewed for 48hours or something like that. Now there isn't exactly a lot of her friends coming out to defend her so it would be a fairly short list to get through

DIDNT think she had a lot of friends of her own.
I was under the impression that most of her friends were ex boyfriends.
I haven't seen many come forward to give a good character witness for her, other than gus.

I think she's referring to an interview SHE did. I don't remember the timeline, but possibly 48 hours or something.

Oh Thank you KBis ~ That makes sense to me now. Of course it was about HER. I should have known :smile:

(deep breath)

Why is it people think she'd 'throw them under the bus' if others were involved???

Don't you see, she CAN'T.

If she were to say "Two other people killed him while I was there" that would imply, it was ALL staged!!!!

She simply can NOT say there was a plan to have him killed.

She could've left it as 'there were two intruders but, they let me go....' story but she knew that sounded outlandish!! And if they DID let her go then, why didn't she call police?

She is stuck every which way she tried to inject the 'intruders' because we all know, if there were intruders, they were there because Jodi beckoned them to be there!!!

That is the open and shut scenario of that.
So please stop saying Jodi would drop names in a heart beat. In this possible scenario (of other people being there) she can NOT. Not then. And not now unless she is willing to take the punishment of a lethal injection in her arm.

Wow. No offense but I just don't understand why this isn't clear to some of you!

Interesting point you make there! The idea that someone else could be involved in this brutal murder completely creeps me out. Jodi does have her supporters though. I've always wondered if one of them were responsible for the theft of the prosecution psych expert's laptop. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN3W6nrMzKc&feature=youtu.be&t=32m40s) If there were any other participants, they appear to have covered their tracks well. I believe Flores when he said there was no evidence of anyone else present at the crime scene.

I don't doubt Jodi was capable of murder with or without an accomplice, especially when Travis was threatening her future "prospects" (her word) among the Mormon PPL crowd by outing her as a crazy morally-loose stalker. She'd already moved on to Ryan, and I'm sure she would have been happy to trade up from there. I don't think her motive for killing was losing Travis so much as losing her shot at the potentially lucrative world he'd introduced her to.

I removed the April Fool's joke only because it was causing a TON of panic and confusion.

No harm, no foul. Just needed to calm the thread down. :)

Well, now I wanna know what I missed?

I had previously heard some variation of of this but wow, thanks for these details! I wonder if anyone knows if the roommate that came home recalled seeing her car (the rental) in the driveway because I never believed she parked in his driveway.

Someone has probably answered this but IIRC the answer is no. He didn't recall seeing any other cars in the driveway.

Kelly

DIDNT think she had a lot of friends of her own, I was under the impression she DIDNT have many.
I haven't seen many come forward to give a good character witness for her, other than gus.

She did not appear to have very many female friends, except for Leslie Udy who she had not known that long. I would think that would be because Jodi viewed them as competition and/or they could see right through her actions. jmo

I do not recall music being loud. it is those little things we miss and you guys help us all out by telling us and reminding us. I do not remember this thank you. I will have to look again at that testimony. as I missed that. Even , music 24 hours for 5 days is something to consider. with roommate situation, I would have question that too.

Excuse my language and typos, doing a talk to text as usual and do not have my reading glasses on Nor time right now to go back correct.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I was just watching Marie Hall's testimony repeated on HLN....she stated that the music was coming from a 'different bedroom' down the hall. It was the roommate's bedroom. They knocked on his door, he had a key to Travis's room, and they opened Travis's door.

ok serious question.
I am not sure if this is an April Fool's joke or not.

~I don't think it makes a difference in the case, but
is it true that Richard Samuels PhD website has been taken down?

I never saw it in the first place.

~anyone???

Not to sound mean. I don't think it's appropriate to make April fools jokes of this case, no matter if it was about Samuels.
A man lost his life, we don't need more confusion than needed.
Just my humble opinion.
Don't want more confusion than needed.

Someone has probably answered this but IIRC the answer is no. He didn't recall seeing any other cars in the driveway.

Kelly

The roommate who left for work did not see her car and Zach who left at 11:30 after speaking with Travis did not see the car and when he returned at 3pm with his girlfriend neither one of them saw a car. Three witnesses who basically testified her car was not in the driveway as she claims. I hardly think they would have missed a car with upside-down California plates sitting in the driveway. Men are more likely to notice a strange car in the driveway than they would other things that don't belong there. jmo

I recalled a rather unpleasant experience about 15 years ago when DH took me to the ER because I had fallen off a small stepladder and sprained my ankle. The injury didn't manifest itself until the following day when my ankle was obviously swollen and badly bruised. I had no problem standing or walking but was concerned that it might be broken. DH called our podiatrist to ask what we should do. This was Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, and the doctor was out of town but called us within an hour of reaching his emergency service. Dr. G knew exactly who we were as we had known him for about 10 years then and suggested that I go to the ER at (name of hospital with which he's affiliated). He, too, was concerned about the possibility of a broken bone and didn't want me to wait to see him in his office the following week.

While in the ER, there had to have been at least half a dozen people (nurses, doctors, techs) who asked repeatedly how I had hurt my foot. I strongly suspected that they were hinting at the possibility that my DH had done something to cause the injury, and I was not amused. I had fallen off the stepladder on Friday when DH was at work. DH was also not allowed to be with me while I was being examined in the ER, nor did anyone speak to him in the waiting room regarding my condition.

As I've listened to Jodi and her expert witnesses try to convince the jury that Jodi was physically abused by Travis and was forced to brutally murder him in self-defense, I can't help wondering how many men have been wrongfully accused or suspected of abuse of women. I have a feeling that ALV would say that no men are ever falsely accused of domestic abuse. :moo:

I have to say that I think the public as a whole is becoming more aware that men can be abused as well as women. Last summer, my husband had a terrible accident. Tractor vs Man is never a good outcome. I was somewhat stunned when they asked me to leave the room so they could question him about our relationship - to be sure that I hadn't punctured his lung, broke his hip and hand and a couple of ribs! After I came back in, the advocate apologized, but said that she had to ask, it was part of her job description.

I totally agree. Those pictures are very strange. I don't know much about how the timestamp works...Is it possible that she put these photographs onto his camera by taking pictures of pictures that they had previously taken?

Look at the testimony from day 6. The time stamps were verified. Jodi herself tried to claim maybe someone framed her by taking an old memory card yadayada...in an attempt to say she was not there that day, cause she knew damn well she was there and in those pics. The defense and prosecution agree those pics were taken after Jodi and Travis had sex on June 4, 2008.

Nothing strange about people taking pics like those. Jodi and Travis spoke a long time about taking photos on May 10th.

Thankfully those pictures do exist and are helping put Jodi away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood