Looking for info on a solved case

Discussion in 'A CALL TO ACTION! Calif. DMH Illegally Releases 17' started by KYoung, Dec 30, 2019.

1. KYoung

KYoung New Member

I know this is a long shot, but I've tried for several years to find information on a murder and have failed miserably. I was in high school when it happened, and too young and dumb to really pay much attention. Now that I'm older I'd like to go back and read any details on the case that I can. It was September/October of 2004.

I know the murderers name, I know the location and information about the murder that others might not even know. The convicted murderer is my high school boyfriends father, Martin Aaltink.

He was a customer (crack) of his neighbour in Stoney Creek, Ontario. On Barton St right beside the campus for Mohawk College. The neighbour lady was found dead by Martin's girlfriend at the time Sherry Durette. She was supposed to go over and have coffee with the deceased that morning. She had been stabbed (86 times or some ridiculous number) also can't for the life of me remember what the woman's name was that was killed.

Martin was eventually tried and convicted. I even visited him a couple times in jail on Barton Street while he awaited trial. He even wrote me and his son letters from time to time.

Its more of a curiousity thing... I want to know how the trial went (I wasn't allowed to attend, my parents were against it) and what details came out of it all. I also know that Martin was released several years ago so I'm not sure what his actual sentence was and what charge he ended up with.

byo likes this.

2. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Don't know much about Canada, but in the US you would find a newspaper archive & read contemporary accounts from a few newspapers.

Trial transcripts might be available.

You had a relationship with the defendant, so can be considered a victim. The Prosecutor's Office/District Attorney in the US generally has a Victim Advocate on staff, that person can provide advice & support for working through a case as you ask.

Start with newspapers, check at the courthouse for trial documents.

JMHO YMMV

3. KYoung

KYoung New Member

I've looked online everywhere and there is nothing out there. I used to have the newspaper cut outs but this was years ago and I just can't find anything