Looking for podcast recommendations

Discussion in 'PODCAST ROW' started by Tuffgong, Jan 4, 2019.

1. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

I love Overcast. I switched over about 18 mos. after one of the Apple updates made the podcast app not as user friendly to me.

Linskid likes this.

2. Jinkasaurus

Jinkasaurus Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Podcast Addict fan --- sadly its only for Android now. Its just got so many awesome features.

joejs89 and Linskid like this.
  3. gossheather77

gossheather77 Dogmom77

This is one of my favorites and can't wait for culpable 2. Also without warning is an awesome podcast that the private investigator Sheila wysocki from culpable does on the legal side of it

TJtennispro and fred&edna like this.
  4. Jinkasaurus

I am finally listening to this. I held off for quite some time due to the subject matter. It is very, very intense. Very hard to listen to. But the way they managed to delve into this horrific topic is truly exceptional. As a society we need to understand this terrible aspect of humanity.

I admire the people who participated in this podcast (obviously not the abusers though).

joejs89, MountE and fred&edna like this.
  5. fred&edna

fred&edna Simply convoluted

ITA

6. proctorelites

proctorelites Well-Known Member

fred&edna likes this.
  7. Frankie Hellis

Frankie Hellis Well-Known Member

Thanks, but someone on reddit compiled it. I wish I knew who it was so I could give proper credit. I noticed Over My Dead Body isn’t on there and I really liked that one.

8. fred&edna

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  9. Jinkasaurus

Someone up-thread suggested Your Own Backyard about the Kristen Smart case - wow- that is a really great podcast!!!

I went back to look at my previous lists here and I now have a few to add that I have listened to in the past few months. Each of these is a deep dive into a single case.

Paradise - this is by the BBC - excellent, in-depth journalism and an amazing story about a young couple from the UK who went missing in Guatemala. (This one is probably in my top five all-time favorite podcasts).

Confronting OJ Simpson - I wasn't sure I would enjoy this but I was pleasantly surprised- its by Ron Goldman's sister and she interviews a LOT of people involved in the case, including two jurors. I think its a very balanced exploration of the case that reveals small details I've never heard before.

Frozen Lies - pretty dark, but interesting - an Australian investigative journalist digs into a murder and network of pedophiles

Missing Crypto Queen -investigation into a financial scam involving crypto currency

Urge to Kill - digs into the murder of Kaylee Sawyer

Incel - digging into this subculture

Secrets True Crime - plugging this one again- she is doing a new case this season - the unsolved murder of Eric Cates and his dog Gypsy - interesting story and she has a calm, soothing voice

A Perfect Storm - exploring the case of the baby Azaria Chamberlain who was taken from a tent by a dingo in Australia

American Jihadi - investigating the story of Omar Hammani

Ok that's enough for now... enjoy...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Suglo, fred&edna and musicaljoke like this.
  10. fred&edna

11. billthom56

billthom56 Verified Insider - Colonial Parkway Murders

For those of you follow the Colonial Parkway Murders, check out "Mind Over Murder," a new true crime podcast from Colonial Parkway Murders victim advocates Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley.

We have had more than 10,000 downloads of our new “Mind Over Murder” true crime podcast in our first 3 weeks.

Here are a few links.

Apple Podcasts: podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mind-over-murder/id1494058129

Google Podcasts: www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8xMWJlMGI0OC9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw==

Spotify: open.spotify.com/show/2jl4P567AGYJkg8XHkuw32

Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/mind-over-murder

Hope you will check it out.

Thank you for your support.

Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley, Hosts, “Mind Over Murder” podcast

Suglo likes this.
  12. BelleinDixie

BelleinDixie Active Member

I'm finishing one called "Maddie" about Madeleine McCann...I thought I knew quite a bit about this case, but turns out I didn't. He talks to major players including the Portugese Police Inspector that was taken off the case. Check it out.

13. BelleinDixie

Me too - put my earphones in and drift off. I also listen on my commute to and from work. Love true crime podcasts.

joejs89 and Really? like this.
  14. BelleinDixie

Roof of Evil was Excellent!

15. joejs89

joejs89 Active Member

I have recently been listening to True Blue Crime podcast. They cover mostly Australian true crime but I think they do a wonderful job of researching the crimes they cover and present the episode in a clear, concise and interesting fashion. If you are looking for a good podcast to listen to this is a one to consider. I just listened to the Wanda Beach murders and learned something I had never heard before about the evidence found by the officers searching the area. Kind regards.

16. joejs89

joejs89 Active Member

Just finished Hunting Warhead...it was awesome! I would warn anyone that it does have child sexual abuse and some were a bit graphic. Still it was the good guys against a bad guy and the good guys won.

17. joejs89

joejs89 Active Member

Starting to listen to Murder Was the Case. Very interesting. Hosted by Dr. Lee Mellor, a criminologist, who has vast amounts of information about the deviants and what they do. Not for the faint of heart. Could be described as gruesome I suppose.

18. gpruitt0316

gpruitt0316 New Member

I host True Crime Queen podcast and would greatly appreciative if others would give it a try! I do use adult language, so beware for that but I really try to be as thoroughly researched as possible and very careful not to offend victims or their loved ones.

joejs89 likes this.
  19. joejs89

joejs89 Active Member

Will listen tonight. I appreciate well researched material.