Looking for podcast recommendations

I recently began listening to Big Mad True Crime hosted by Heather Ashley and it is such a great podcast! Dives right into each episode-no nonsense, banter or small talk! The host, Heather Ashley, is extremely thorough in her research and presents each case in a clear & engaging way. Her voice is the kind that will get you hooked! What makes it unique is how brutally honest she is and actually says out loud what we are all thinking- which is so refreshing!! The first 5 or so episodes go all in on the Chris Watts case. I have heard many different podcast episodes on this case and WOW! I was blown away by the details and coverage.

Looks well done. I will listen and respond. :)

I recently began listening to Big Mad True Crime hosted by Heather Ashley and it is such a great podcast! Dives right into each episode-no nonsense, banter or small talk! The host, Heather Ashley, is extremely thorough in her research and presents each case in a clear & engaging way. Her voice is the kind that will get you hooked! What makes it unique is how brutally honest she is and actually says out loud what we are all thinking- which is so refreshing!! The first 5 or so episodes go all in on the Chris Watts case. I have heard many different podcast episodes on this case and WOW! I was blown away by the details and coverage.

I listened to this podcast and I have to agree with this poster. I listened to the Chris Watts episodes. They were well presented, well researched and as stated above, brutally honest. She also adds her own "snarky" comments about Chris, his mother and his "side piece". I would advise anyone looking for a podcast to listen to Big Mad Crime.

Hi all - our podcast is now in Season 2 - season 1 covered the Delphi murders over 7 detailed episodes, with the cooperation of the German family. Season 2 covers a forty year old case, also an unsolved double murder, with tons of twists and turns - so many that we needed 11 episodes to address the affairs, serial killers, satanic rituals, stalkers, and sex swinger groups. Join us on Scene of the Crime!

‎Scene of the Crime on Apple Podcasts

TheTrailWentCold, Jim Can't Swim, and my personal favorite; Trace Evidence.

Not a crime podcast but very interesting

66 Garage

When reporter Joanne Faryon first became aware of a Coronado nursing home patient known as Sixty-Six Garage, she was working at KPBS and deeply involved in investigating end of life care. But then, something happened. The strange, sad story of the man with no known identity, being kept alive on machines for more than 15 years became an obsession.
The Story Of 'Sixty-Six Garage' Serialized In LA Times Podcast

Hi all - have you noted all the cases being solved by forensic genealogy? Having trouble distinguishing them, or wondering about the back story behind the connection between the victim and her killer? Wonder no more. My podcast covers cases solved using forensic genealogy, and considers the back story behind each case. If you’ve read about it in the news, you’ll hear more about it here. Hope you like it!

‎DNA: ID on Apple Podcasts

Your Own Backyard: The Disappearance of Kristin Smart (I just started this series last night in light of the recent arrests, and am now binge listening, really good so far, imo):

YOUR OWN BACKYARD
Your Own Backyard on Apple Podcasts

New podcast: (haven’t listened to it yet)
Killer Role: Introducing: Killer Role on Apple Podcasts

“An actress playing a killer in a horror film is so good, you’d almost think she’d done it in real life. Turns out she had… Dateline’s Keith Morrison takes you inside a story where fiction and reality collide.”

Good Assassins: Hunting the Butcher: Introducing Good Assassins: Hunting the Butcher on Apple Podcasts

“A spy story. A detective case. The mission was simple: to arrange the death of one man. The goal was to send a message to all Nazi fugitives around the world: "we can find you and we can kill you." This is the true story of an undercover mission to hunt down a savage Nazi murderer who helped Hitler’s forces kill 30,000 men, women, and children. The survivors gave him a name after the Holocaust: The Butcher of Latvia. The spies would travel halfway around the world to carry out the sentence. The mission wasn’t for one life. It was for 6 million. Listen to “Good Assassins: Hunting the Butcher” for free. Join the hunt. April 2nd.“

PodcastOne: Mea Culpa with Michael Cohen

advisory.png

“Michael Cohen, the former attorney and personal fixer for Donald J. Trump, once vowed to take a bullet for the President. But that was before the country was brought to its knees by the President's own lies and personal madness. Now, imprisoned in his home, his life, reputation and livelihood destroyed, Cohen is on a mission to right the wrongs he perpetuated on behalf of his boss. Mea Culpa with Michael Cohen, is a raw and unfiltered shining a light into the dark corners of our current American Apocalypse. Tune in weekly for a candid conversation with the New York Times best-selling author and self-proclaimed "gangster lawyer," as he sets to dismantle the Trump legacy and finds the truth and nothing but the truth.”

Mommy Doomsday on Apple Podcasts

“The disappearance of two of Lori Vallow’s children in Rexburg, Idaho in September 2019 would expose a bizarre trail of death, devotion and Doomsday beliefs that captivated the nation. A haunting podcast from Keith Morrison and Dateline NBC, Mommy Doomsday premieres February 16th.”

COVID-19:

Dr. Sanjay Gupta:
Coronavirus: Fact vs Fiction on Apple Podcasts

Dr. Osterholm:
The Osterholm Update: COVID-19: Episode 51: A Balancing Act on Apple Podcasts

Last edited:
I started listening to My Favourite murder which I think probably got a lot of people into true crime? My partner bought tickets to a live show in Glasgow on Facebook but it wasn’t an official site and was bumped. She was gutted but my taste in podcasts had started to change anyway. Then I started listening to crime junkie and True Crime All The Time, true crime guys etc. When I discovered True Crime Garage, I started looking for different things in true crime podcasts. It became less about a basic story and more about details of the case and the hosts discussing evidence and statements, 911 calls etc. I enjoyed up and vanished and Down the Hill(Delphi). I really like True Crime All The Time/unsolved and criminology but True Crime Garage is the one I wait for new episodes dropping.

We launch the first series of this PODCAST next week. Featuring raconteur, Ryan Simms as we look at the legacy criminal fathers bestow upon the next

Last edited:
I listen to several, but just found The Prosecutors and have been listening a lot. The hosts are prosecutors and therefore, they deal with crime for a living and have a better take on crime than the average host. They conduct themselves professionally, which I find a relief. I just finished the episode on adolfo constanzo and WOW, what a despicable, evil, charismatic, . I've been into true crime for years and had never heard of this guy until yesterday. If you don't know his story, listen to the episode (#155). For a few more details, watch this video on the murder of Mark Kilroy (which brought down adolfo and his cult of serial killers).
The podcast goes into detail about adolfo, while the youtube video covers Mark's case and only touches on adolfo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back