Looking for true crime success stories

DavidLyons

Reaction score
My name is David Lyons. I am a former homicide detective and produce a true crime podcast. I am currently in the final stages of a project that explores the relationships between the true crime community and the detective community. I am specifically interested in finding verifiable stories of cases where citizens advanced or solved murder and missing person cases. This site look like the perfect place to ask. Thanks in advance if anyone can point toward some of these!

David

My name is David Lyons. I am a former homicide detective and produce a true crime podcast. I am currently in the final stages of a project that explores the relationships between the true crime community and the detective community. I am specifically interested in finding verifiable stories of cases where citizens advanced or solved murder and missing person cases. This site look like the perfect place to ask. Thanks in advance if anyone can point toward some of these!

David

comes to mind. Lots of work & cooperation here, but unsolved:

Hope this helps!

David
What state are you in?

Hope this helps!

Abraham's case is a perfect one too because the murderer was actually here posting with us!

David
Hi David,
My name is Tricia Griffith. I am the manager of Websleuths.
Could you please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com ?
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Tricia

Also this one, lots of work on Websleuths, obviously genetic genealogy brought this case to close:

Hope this helps!
I just watched the Web of Death episode about Abraham and Tricia last night on Hulu. @Tricia you were awesome! Can I have your autograph?

You will find a some cases in here: The Unidentified
If the prefix says "Match!", that means a Websleuths member was directly involved in helping send them home

Just to name a few.

I also know of two cases where a mother came her asking for help finding a missing daughter. In both cases Websleuths members help by posting flyers, boots on the ground searches and such and in both cases the teenagers were found save before real harm could be done to them. Because they were teenagers and no crime was committed to them, the threads were taken off this webside. (One of the reasons I like this site).

I also know of two cases where a mother came her asking for help finding a missing daughter. In both cases Websleuths members help by posting flyers, boots on the ground searches and such and in both cases the teenagers were found save before real harm could be done to them. Because they were teenagers and no crime was committed to them, the threads were taken off this webside. (One of the reasons I like this site).
I think there are a lot of examples of tiny things Ws has helped with that doesn't really get considered . I am pretty sure Ws has been an inspiration to a ton of people to get degrees in areas relating to the legal and medical, forensic..etc..and those people are solving cases right now ,like hands on. That is a huge contribution to society.

this is obviously a very small case (in comparison to some of the other ones mentioned) and is based out of canada but in 2021 I submitted the tip that led to the identification of this unidentified suicide victim. During this period I had a lot of good communication with the Calgary police department and even met the detective irl :) it's also "verifiable" (my name/handle is not mentioned in the news article) through personal e-mails and photos I have.

Have you looked the case of Taylor McAllister in pinellas county FL?

I'm not looking? David Lyons is. If there's a thread here that you think meets the criteria for his project, you can link it here for him.

this is obviously a very small case (in comparison to some of the other ones mentioned) and is based out of canada but in 2021 I submitted the tip that led to the identification of this unidentified suicide victim. During this period I had a lot of good communication with the Calgary police department and even met the detective irl :) it's also "verifiable" (my name/handle is not mentioned in the news article) through personal e-mails and photos I have.
Wow! I am going to take a look at that for sure!

This site and the group are amazing!

I think there are a lot of examples of tiny things Ws has helped with that doesn't really get considered . I am pretty sure Ws has been an inspiration to a ton of people to get degrees in areas relating to the legal and medical, forensic..etc..and those people are solving cases right now ,like hands on. That is a huge contribution to society.
Part of what my project will highlight is the valuable contributions that groups like this can offer in an investigation. I agree with you whole heartedly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back