Looks like war. . .

tennessee said:
Amen Jeana. We are already in the early days of a new WW, I believe.
Me too Tennessee
This is history in the making....it will get worse before it gets better.
Hang on everyone, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

nanandjim said:
Unfortunately, as the most powerful nation in the world, we will have to take a stance and intervene in some way, shape or fashion.

Well, unfortunately you are not going to be the most powerful nation in the world for that much longer.
Your nation has taken a stance, intervened in some way, shape or fashion just once too often.

I'd be scared too if I were you guys.

I am torn on this subject. Israel did belong to the Israelis many years ago, if you believe the Bible, which I do. Therefore I believe that Israel belongs to the Israelis and not to Palestine. I also believe that Israel absolutely has a right to defend itself against terrorists. I am sick to death of countries being pacifists and letting the extremists walk all over everybody. The pacifist countries think we should all wait because it is too soon to attack. When is it a good time? When we have planes driving into more towers and killing people? On the other hand, I think the USA has a full plate. We have been involved in many many conflicts over the years and we need to finish one war before we engage in another one. We went to Bosnia, Somalia and we had the first gulf war. We are at war with Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of the world is pissed at us because they feel we are arrogant. I can see where they would feel that way. I think our president is misjudged as far as arrogance goes. I do not think he is arrogant or full of himself, rather I think he is a compassionate human being. He is damned if he does and damned if he does not. All that aside, the USA cannot afford, IMO, to jump into another stick sit. We have men dying every day in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some days it looks like we are making progress over there and other days, it is depressing to hear the news of more servicemen and women who will never be coming home to their families. We need to finish up one mess at a time. Get a plan to get our Armed Forces the heck out of Dodge (Iraq in this case) before we go trying to scrounge up more people to go fight in Israel. My niece's dad just came home from Afghanistan around Christmas time and in 2 weeks, he ships out for Iraq. My sister had to deal with all the will changes and paperwork in case he doesn't come home. It is absolutely heartbreaking to have to face reality like that. I am sick to death of fighting and I just want our guys to come home. We should have dropped a bomb on that region years ago and we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

We should have dropped a bomb on that region years ago and we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

I wonder why most of the world would think America is arrogant :p

narlacat said:
Well, unfortunately you are not going to be the most powerful nation in the world for that much longer.
Your nation has taken a stance, intervened in some way, shape or fashion just once too often.

What's with the America bashing? I do believe right now this is a thread about Israel, Hezbollah and Lebanon. So why the need to bash us????

We did not bomb Israel nor Lebanon......

kidzndogznme said:
I am torn on this subject. Israel did belong to the Israelis many years ago, if you believe the Bible, which I do. Therefore I believe that Israel belongs to the Israelis and not to Palestine. I also believe that Israel absolutely has a right to defend itself against terrorists. I am sick to death of countries being pacifists and letting the extremists walk all over everybody. The pacifist countries think we should all wait because it is too soon to attack. When is it a good time? When we have planes driving into more towers and killing people? On the other hand, I think the USA has a full plate. We have been involved in many many conflicts over the years and we need to finish one war before we engage in another one. We went to Bosnia, Somalia and we had the first gulf war. We are at war with Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of the world is pissed at us because they feel we are arrogant. I can see where they would feel that way. I think our president is misjudged as far as arrogance goes. I do not think he is arrogant or full of himself, rather I think he is a compassionate human being. He is damned if he does and damned if he does not. All that aside, the USA cannot afford, IMO, to jump into another stick sit. We have men dying every day in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some days it looks like we are making progress over there and other days, it is depressing to hear the news of more servicemen and women who will never be coming home to their families. We need to finish up one mess at a time. Get a plan to get our Armed Forces the heck out of Dodge (Iraq in this case) before we go trying to scrounge up more people to go fight in Israel. My niece's dad just came home from Afghanistan around Christmas time and in 2 weeks, he ships out for Iraq. My sister had to deal with all the will changes and paperwork in case he doesn't come home. It is absolutely heartbreaking to have to face reality like that. I am sick to death of fighting and I just want our guys to come home. We should have dropped a bomb on that region years ago and we wouldn't be in this mess right now.
Good post. America has always been hated, IMO. It's just sad that it is now more popular than ever for Americans to hate America. We surely will contribute to our own demise. It's amazing how other countries think that we are arrogant, but they beg us for assistance (financial and military) when they need us. Many don't bother to pay us back for any loans either. Oftentimes, I wish that we would just worry about our own country and say to hell with the rest of the world. However, I realize that we can't do that.

For those who think that we stick our nose into other countries' businesses, oftentimes we are asked to do so because of our power and clout. From what I have seen on television, both sides of this conflict want the U.S. to help.

narlacat said:
Where they won't be threatened?
We are just as threatened as you guys now.

Don't try and dump them on us, we don't want any trouble anymore than you do.

I'm see that you don't understand my explanation of my posts.

"dump them on us". Hmmmm.

Personnaly I'm stunned. This isn't just about the Jews. This is about Democracy in the Middle East, and the worst possible terrorist groups that make Al Queda look like the Thursday morning play-group.

Do you think the Radical Arabs care one whit about even the Palestenians? No, they use them for leverage against the Israelis, and they want the Israelis OUT, GONE.

The Israelis do not want the Arabs out, gone, they just want peace and to be left alone. When they make concessions, like getting out of Gaza, the terrorists look on that has a chance to just move in further and terrorize. They will NEVER stop.

I don't want civilians to be killed, but Hezbollah needs to be ousted from Lebanon; and what happens in the middle east, including Israel, will affect us all, even Australia. Also there was a UN Resolution that was not enforced to disarm Hezbollah when Israel left Lebanon the last time; so complain in this case about the U.N., not the United States of America.

I feel so sorry for the innocent Lebanese civilians, who are swept up in the systematic demolition of their country, placing them, and their children, in a position of extreme hardship, and fear. On TV it showed the few areas in Haifa that were struck my missiles, and how the Isreali citizens were in fear, but those few incidents don't compare to what is happening in Lebanon, where the infrastructure is being completely destroyed.

The Mideast has always been a seething caldron of hate, and this will only create that much more hate and anger, as so many innocent uninvolved families will lose loved ones. Need we wonder why the hatred grows, and is instilled in the children.

Yes, Hezbolloh group children are trained to be terrorists and killers at birth and on up.

Palestinians are trained a certain way. Israeli children are trained to be soldiers, and to protect their country, just as our soldiers are.

Why don't we enforce our UN resolutions, then and maybe these things won't happen. Nothing was done. I feel sorry for the Lebanese people also, and hope this will end soon and Lebanon can recover WITHOUT Hezbollah. Don't know if that's possible if Iran keeps supplying.

I think people don't realize this is a fight between a Democratic state and terrorism, not just Arab versus Israel. It also illustrates how Governments married to religious dogma often neglect their own people and do the worst in the name of "religion".

Marthatex said:
I'm see that you don't understand my explanation of my posts.

"dump them on us". Hmmmm.

Personnaly I'm stunned. This isn't just about the Jews. This is about Democracy in the Middle East, and the worst possible terrorist groups that make Al Queda look like the Thursday morning play-group.

Do you think the Radical Arabs care one whit about even the Palestenians? No, they use them for leverage against the Israelis, and they want the Israelis OUT, GONE.

The Israelis do not want the Arabs out, gone, they just want peace and to be left alone. When they make concessions, like getting out of Gaza, the terrorists look on that has a chance to just move in further and terrorize. They will NEVER stop.

I don't want civilians to be killed, but Hezbollah needs to be ousted from Lebanon; and what happens in the middle east, including Israel, will affect us all, even Australia. Also there was a UN Resolution that was not enforced to disarm Hezbollah when Israel left Lebanon the last time; so complain in this case about the U.N., not the United States of America.
Excellent post, If the UN had done it's job and stopped ignoring and looking the other way maybe just maybe The Middle East would not be about to collapse. The hand writing has been on the wall, since as far back as the Iran hostage crisis.

If any Country thinks that they are safe from Al Quida, and their of shoots, Hezbollah, Hamas, etc: any of the muslim fanatical extremists who want to have control then they are delusional. Like you said they will NEVER stop NEVER. Unless we STOP them, anyone who thinks otherwise is naive and delusional. These people have only ONE mission and that is to destroy the infidels that being US. They do not care about anything else that is their only purpose.

nanandjim said:
Good post. America has always been hated, IMO. It's just sad that it is now more popular than ever for Americans to hate America. We surely will contribute to our own demise. It's amazing how other countries think that we are arrogant, but they beg us for assistance (financial and military) when they need us. Many don't bother to pay us back for any loans either. Oftentimes, I wish that we would just worry about our own country and say to hell with the rest of the world. However, I realize that we can't do that.

For those who think that we stick our nose into other countries' businesses, oftentimes we are asked to do so because of our power and clout. From what I have seen on television, both sides of this conflict want the U.S. to help.

No, I dont think we have in the past been as disrespected as we are now. When Reagan met with Gorbachev (and Gorbachev was a pretty good old guy for a Russian leader), they got along; Gorby respected Reagan and Vice Versa, so the wall came down.

I think the elder Bush was respected in the world, and I think Clinton was also. I think other countries have been jealous of us in the past, and want to take advantage of us; but I think at the present time we are truly at a low point as far as our clout, diplomatically that is.

Marthatex said:
No, I dont think we have in the past been as disrespected as we are now. When Reagan met with Gorbachev (and Gorbachev was a pretty good old guy for a Russian leader), they got along; Gorby respected Reagan and Vice Versa, so the wall came down.

I think the elder Bush was respected in the world, and I think Clinton was also. I think other countries have been jealous of us in the past, and want to take advantage of us; but I think at the present time we are truly at a low point as far as our clout, diplomatically that is.
Democrats hated Reagan when he was in office. Democrats hated the elder Bush when he was in office. Lo and behold, Democrats hate the current administration and blame it for all of the U.S. and world problems. Perhaps, there's hope that at least some of the Democrats will speak a little kinder of the current administration when it is out of office. ;)

Sorry, when I used "we" I was referring to just getting it done, not necessarily a sole USA effort. Yeah, that did sound arrogant, huh?
blushing.gif

narlacat said:
We should have dropped a bomb on that region years ago and we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

nanandjim said:
Democrats hated Reagan when he was in office. Democrats hated the elder Bush when he was in office. Lo and behold, Democrats hate the current administration and blame it for all of the U.S. and world problems. Perhaps, there's hope that at least some of the Democrats will speak a little kinder of the current administration when it is out of office. ;)

Thank you so much for attacking the Democrats in return for my honest compliment of both Reagan and George H. W. Bush. :confused: :confused:

I sense alot of anger here; but lo and behold we the Dems didn't make the present mess we are in.

nanandjim said:
... It's just sad that it is now more popular than ever for Americans to hate America.
Nan, I don't think too many Americans hate America. It may be more popular than ever right now for Americans to hate the direction the current administration has taken us, but please don't confuse that with hating America.

kidzndogznme said:
Well, by that thinking America belongs to the Sioux, Mohicians, Comanche, Sauk, Pequots, Sammish, Cherokee, etc. Mexico belongs to the Aztecs. Central America belongs to the Quiches. England blongs to the Picts. Italy belongs to the Etruscans. Greece belongs to the Spartans. Iraq belongs to the Mesopotamians. Canada belongs to the Skerlings/Inuits. France belongs to the Gauls/Druids. Norway/Iceland/Sweden belongs to the Vikings. You can't use ancient history as a guide line to try and solve modern politics and dilemas without causing even more trouble than you're trying to resolve.

Maral said:
Nan, I don't think too many Americans hate America. It may be more popular than ever right now for Americans to hate the direction the current administration has taken us, but please don't confuse that with hating America.

I'm not sure I've run into anyone in the last months who talked about hating America. We get frustrated in traffic, we hate to pay our taxes, we disagree with the lax legal system here, or that over there; but that is America.

I don't think criticizing our leaders or their policies mean hatred of America. Maybe it's the people who really don't care or don't bother to show up to the polls to even vote who really aren't doing much to help their country.

TisHerself said:
What's with the America bashing? I do believe right now this is a thread about Israel, Hezbollah and Lebanon. So why the need to bash us????

We did not bomb Israel nor Lebanon......
Naaa, just everywhere else lol

You know the old saying, war is the Americans way of learning their geography
:p

I'm not bashing any one [American] here, but as a country I think you have a huge karmic debt.

Oh btw Tis, the thread goes where it goes, I was responding to something someone said in one of their posts, I'm pretty sure that's acceptable :)

OH NO narly get out while the goings good because you're going to get a biffen over that lol.

Hey remember the other old saying?????
Never talk politics or religon ..........................

~aussieblue

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd