Loose ligature ISN'T STAGING

IDI wise the wrist ligatures could have been 'functional' in that it provided visual stimulation for the perp.

Since none of us are well practiced in AEA, it's difficult to speculate.

That would be a new level of sick (if there is one in this case).

If Jr had put on the wrist ligatures after her death during his 2-hour disappearance from Det. Arndt's sight, that would explain the unnecessarily long length of cord between them.
But I was under the impression that the neck ligature (which was cut off her neck by the coroner, as opposed to the wrist loops, which easily slipped off) were all one long cord. If that is the case, we know the neck ligature was applied when she was alive- I suppose it was possible he could have returned to put the wrist loops in place. But with that many people around the house, could he really be sure no one would have looked for him? Very risky. Ligature marks look different when applied before death versus after death. Had he tied them tight (he claimed they WERE tight when he found her, we know from the autopsy this was not the case.
I almost wish he HAD tied them tight if he returned to apply them later. The coroner would have known, and then we'd know for SURE this was a staged scene. NO kidnapper/killer stays around all day to stage a body to make it look like a kidnapper/killer, especially when the house is full of people. Idiotic people, but people none the less.

Hi Hotyh.

I had wondered if the paintbrush might harve been used as part of a tourniquet method of strangulation. Perhaps broken by the attempt to create tension.

Probably ruled out because I read that shards of wood was found in the tote from the breaking process. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Hi Hotyh.

or maybe the wrist ligatures were functional in that they were used to fold her body into a position for the sexual assault.

IDI wise the wrist ligatures could have been 'functional' in that it provided visual stimulation for the perp.

Since none of us are well practiced in AEA, it's difficult to speculate.

This can't be ruled out as far as I know. This would clarify some of the questions on the complexity of the 2nd ligature that RDI can't account for. I think AEA probably wasn't a motive however. The RN makes a statement and JBR's murder was part of that statement, IMO.

Probably ruled out because I read that shards of wood was found in the tote from the breaking process. Maybe I'm mistaken.IMO.

broken in three with one piece missing,
hard to say how it ended up in that condition.

This can't be ruled out as far as I know. This would clarify some of the questions on the complexity of the 2nd ligature that RDI can't account for. I think AEA probably wasn't a motive however. The RN makes a statement and JBR's murder was part of that statement, IMO.

a sinister plot.

broken in three with one piece missing,
hard to say how it ended up in that condition.

The result is a garrote handle that is sharp at both ends. Its hard to ignore the tactical advantage that provides.

The sharp-ended garrote handle and the multi-looped multi-knotted wrist ligature belies staging, because they provide enhanced assault and restraint properties beyond what RDI has ever even considered.

I'm surprised FBI didn't really discuss the wrist ligature or the paintbrush in any detail anywhere. Maybe it wasn't their case so they just glanced over it?

The result is a garrote handle that is sharp at both ends. Its hard to ignore the tactical advantage that provides.

The sharp-ended garrote handle and the multi-looped multi-knotted wrist ligature belies staging, because they provide enhanced assault and restraint properties beyond what RDI has ever even considered.

I'm surprised FBI didn't really discuss the wrist ligature or the paintbrush in any detail anywhere. Maybe it wasn't their case so they just glanced over it?

Cause where the shards was found,is there anyway of knowing if it was done that night or could it happen like on Dec 23 when it was placed in the basement...

Cause where the shards was found,is there anyway of knowing if it was done that night or could it happen like on Dec 23 when it was placed in the basement...

OK its not hard to ignore the tactical advantage.

OK its not hard to ignore the tactical advantage.

Tactical advantage, do make this look more than what it is....Actually this crime if you really think about as different tactics from other killings....Part of John Douglas as a kidnapper calling saying listen carefully now in JonBenet's we have listen carefully...And a man killing his wife and tried to make it look like a sex crime but fatal mistake he wrapped her in a blanket now how was JonBenet found wrapped in a blanket...So maybe some of the tactics used didn't come from movies but a book...The book Mindhunter,and what was found in the Ramsey's home....

Auto-erotic asphyxiation (AEA) is the practice of cutting off the blood supply to the brain through self-applied suffocation methods while masturbating.

If I am certain of one thing in this case, beyond all doubt....JonBenet did not die while practicing AEA!!!

Was the 2nd ligature a staging item or not? According to standard RDI, it was staging. It was staging to represent JBR being tied up by an intruder.

Was the 2nd ligature found tight around JBR's wrists? No.

Why was an item intended for staging not left in its most convincing staging position, tied tightly around her wrists?

Why does the 2nd ligature have two knots and three loops? I would think a standard and convincing wrist restraint would have one knot, and the ligature looped several times tightly around both wrists.

Answer: We don't understand the purpose for the 2nd ligature. But, JBR's assailant believed that the 2nd ligature no longer had a purpose after JBR died. Thats why it was loose.

HUH, I think it's parents still not wanting to hurt their little girl. We have to remember they loved JB no matter what...they didn't mean to kill her.

Read the ransom note, look at the pictures. Then tell me its not a sinister plot.

Hiya Hotyh.

Yes, it is a sinister plot IMO, whomever the perp.

That does not escape me, Hotyh, even when our discusssions are on the lighter side. The photos of JBR are violence against a child, something of the like? I had never seen before reading about this case.
The images are not easily forgotten.

The staging itself is sinister.

There were shards found around the paint tote in the basement. But like much in this case, it can't be determined (at least from a forensic aspect) of when they were left.
We do know that housekeeper LHP said that Patsy told her to remove the paint tote from the Butler's pantry near the kitchen, where she had been keeping it.
This was Dec. 23, the day of the Patsy's Christmas party, and LHP was there to help her clean and prepare for the party. Patsy said she wanted to put a coat rack in the Butler's pantry so she told LHP to move the paint tote to the basement. So the shards had to have been left between Dec. 23 and 26th. I can't imagine it being done any time other than the 26th BUT-
BR was known to whittle with his Swiss Army knife all over the house, and whittle whatever he could. LHP was always complaining to Patsy about it, and Patsy said there wasn't much she could so about it other than take the knife away. LHP did take it away, and hid it in the cabinets near the 2nd floor laundry area, outside the kid's bedrooms. LHO said only Patsy knew where it was hidden, but BR may have found it or Patsy may have told him where it was.
I can't imagine BR deciding to break the brush to whittle just before his sister was strangled with it, though he may have done it before this happened, and the "handle" may simply have been used because it WAS just a broken piece and not broken just to make the garrote. Maybe someone should have searched BR;s room for the missing piece. He may have taken it to whittle, and the actual breaking of the brush may have nothing to do with the crime.

My question exactly. Are we 100% on it being broken that night?

Tactical advantage, do make this look more than what it is....Actually this crime if you really think about as different tactics from other killings....Part of John Douglas as a kidnapper calling saying listen carefully now in JonBenet's we have listen carefully...And a man killing his wife and tried to make it look like a sex crime but fatal mistake he wrapped her in a blanket now how was JonBenet found wrapped in a blanket...So maybe some of the tactics used didn't come from movies but a book...The book Mindhunter,and what was found in the Ramsey's home....

No kidding. I came to a conclusion about the broken ends a long time ago.

Hiya Hotyh.

Yes, it is a sinister plot IMO, whomever the perp.

I agree, but in a much different way than he means it.

That does not escape me, Hotyh, even when our discusssions are on the lighter side. The photos of JBR are violence against a child, something of the like? I had never seen before reading about this case.
The images are not easily forgotten.

I'll NEVER forget. I'll remember until my dying day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back