Lori Ruff Identified as Kimberly McLean of PA

Can you share which group on fb posted this? I follow two groups on fb about her but didn't see this photo posted on either of them.

ETA: Never mind, found it.

It's on the renamed page "Lori Erica Kennedy / Lori Ruff - Identified". Click on visitor posts and it was posted by Susie Barton about an hour ago

ETA: just saw your ETA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder when she got her nose job

i am still not convinced she had one. a broken nose at some point? maybe. nose job? maybe. mostly these just look like different angles of low quality photos which can distort a variety of features. i agree though, if we had not known her ID yet and someone posted this, i would have been like "hmmm, maybe that's her" but probably scrolled on. she looks so different in all of her photos, it's mind-boggling.

Wow. Can someone tell me how old she is in the pic please? What is a 'sophomore'? Isn't it amazing how a nose makes a face... I think the tip shape changes her face a lot. Also, the hair parting makes the face a different shape too.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I still see a different nose and chin shape. Her nose is 'upturned' as Lori and her chin looks a wee bit more 'pointy' as Kimberly.
Her eyes are very much the same. IMO

I think I just honestly thought that there would be a big 'ding, ding, ding' in my head as soon as I saw a picture of her in her younger years! I guess I am just not very good at analyzing pictures. LOL

I think that maybe she has a little bit more weight on her as Lori (10 pounds?) and it shows mostly in her face....which could account for the chin looking different?

How old was she when this picture was taken? It does look like she had a bit of work done on the tip of her nose. For sure. As for the jawline/chin, that can change, along with cheek bones in teens until early adulthood. Tweens/young teens "fill out". Also angles of photo and a bit of weight changes can make it appear more pronounced then it is. Even just how one smiles...is jaw slack...teeth clenched, etc.

I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for her leading to her suicide. I imagine having a child brought on so many feelings. Just reflecting on the pain she may have caused her own mother, the fears she might lose her own daughter in a divorce, suddenly be able to empathise with her mom. How she couldn't unravel the path she had created. The sheer stress of that would be maddening. She had no-one to support her, if she came clean, she would lose her child as she could end up in prison. And the knowledge she inflicted similar pain on her own mother...She created a situation where her only escape was death (in her mind). We don't know the full scenario of why she left and severed ties. Yes, there could be an imbalance there for sure, some mental health thing. But, there also must have been a significant trigger. Something happened that was the pivotal point...and I don't think it was just because she didn't like the rules or what not. But, that is something she will only know...

63ae3feb051aa3efb4453432c246dc7c.jpg

I would not have got that!! The nose, in particular, looks totally wrong to me. Would be interesting to know what % she matches up on that facial comparison app that someone (on FB) was doing a few months ago.

Saw this from the Houston Chronicle this morning. The story is gaining momentum.

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...After-30-years-and-a-suicide-Lori-9239232.php

Wow they used my FB page album Surely wasn't expecting that. Lori's wasn't one of the better ones.

My four sisters and I all have the same middle name so I don't think it's weird either but it could just be because I'm used to it.

My 2 siblings have Ann while I have Mary after my aunt. I think it was more common in the 60's to see middle names being reused

Thanks~~and WOW~~someone else downthread mentioned they would have scanned right past her~~I don't think I would have~~I would have posted it here and said, what do you all think....LOL

I know hindsight is 20/20 but if you had posted that picture, I would have said, "The search is over." It's not so much because of a comparison of individual features, it's because the girl in that picture knows how to look like Lori Ruff.

What a week this has been.

63ae3feb051aa3efb4453432c246dc7c.jpg

I think it looks exactly like her (well it IS her)
Everything is just thinner because she is younger here.
If it's Sophomore year she would be about 15 years old.
Her eyes: same shape
Her eyebrows:same shape, just thinner
Her Hair: same color and texture (over the years some wondered if she died her hair darker)
Her smile: same little half-moon, upper teeth only, same lip thickness
Her chin: the same shape, only thinner
Her nose: looks a little different, but only the tip. I think she broke it somehow rather than having a nose job though. DV or an auto accident?

I hope we see more photos. I always thought her smile seemed forced but this smile looks the same, so maybe that was just how she always smiled. Maybe she just really hated having her photo taken and was always uncomfortable around cameras. Or maybe she was just someone who can't smile naturally on cue.

ETA: I forgot, her ears! Her ears are exactly the same level on her face and same shape.

Wow. Can someone tell me how old she is in the pic please? What is a 'sophomore'? Isn't it amazing how a nose makes a face... I think the tip shape changes her face a lot. Also, the hair parting makes the face a different shape too.

I think about 15 or 16?

An American sophomore (in high school) is the same as a student in year 9 or 10 here in Australia. Or 3rd or 4th form in a different term

I'm on my phone so it's hard to tell. I'll have a look-see on the laptop tomorrow after I recover it from the latest Windows 10 fiasco. I can see that she MIGHT favor LEK. It's hard to say with how I'm looking at it right now. Good search, though.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

yes, please let me know what you think when you look later. there is something about the photo that keeps drawing me back even in the moments my mind has been made up that it could not be her. i wish the photo was better or the scan of it at least. it is an intriguing idea and i don't mind going down that rabbit hole if others think there is a possibility it could be her, i just wanted to see what everyone else thought. the lips threw me off at first but like i said, it is obvious the woman is wearing heavy lipstick and there are what seem to be smudges or blurs in the scanning that are making them appear larger. i wish the glasses were not blocking the view of her eyes. the body and posture remind me of FLEK. it is clear the woman is very tall (she seems equal to the others but is clearly slouching) and has wide shoulders like FLEK seems to have had. the hair/foerhead/hairline fit, imo. i wish i could see her eyes and ears. i wish there was more to go off of.

i am so crushed that we still do not seem to have many - if any, really - clear photos of her over the years. we just have a bunch of random low-quality images from all different angles, separated by decades in some cases and it's so hard to establish commonalities with things like this. the lips threw me off but with the makeup/smudges/blurs possibilities, i don't think it's enough to dismiss this potential lead on this alone, not with an image as poor as this one. so long as others agree that there are enough other likenesses to consider this a possibility, that it.

I don't think there are going to be many good quality photos from 30 years ago lol

Year 10 in America. 15 or 16 in age is correct!
15/16 is year 11 in the UK, just for comparison.

She definitely has early 1980s hair!

kim's old high school has a page for listing deceased alumni. i wonder if we could get her added to this list? a lot of former classmates probably don't even know any of this happened. maybe this would draw attention to her case to those who may have known her? i left my HS after year 10 to homeschool so i know how it feels to drop off the radar, at least in yearbooks and such, despite staying local and still being connected to friends from school.

http://www.mcdevitths.org/deceased-alumni/

I think she definitely had a nose job, it's not just the tip of her nose the bridge of her nose is a lot wider too.

Maybe Carl will come by and comment, he's the in house expert on facial features.

Also, she is looking down in the HS photo and up in the first two ID photos we have of her. That's going to make a big difference.

I put all the pictures together for us to see. I didn't double check to make sure they are chronically ordered, going off memory.

ETA: I can't figure out how to get the photo to show up in the text of my post?

Attachments

• Kim.jpg
    Kim.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 151
Someone needs to tell the Houston Chronicle they got her story wrong. They said she used Becky Sue Turner's name for months before moving to Idaho and they said she legally change her name to Lori in Idaho and then moved to Texas. There was less than a month between getting the BC in Kern Coutny, CA (may 20, 1988) and getting an Idaho ID (June 16, 1988) in the name of Becky Sue and she was NEVER Lori while in Idaho. She moved on to Dallas in just a few weeks (July 5, 1988 she got the name change in Dallas).

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...After-30-years-and-a-suicide-Lori-9239232.php

I think she definitely had a nose job, it's not just the tip of her nose the bridge of her nose is a lot wider too.

Maybe Carl will come by and comment, he's the in house expert on facial features.

Also, she is looking down in the HS photo and up in the first two ID photos we have of her. That's going to make a big difference.

I put all the pictures together for us to see. I didn't double check to make sure they are chronically ordered, going off memory.

ETA: I can't figure out how to get the photo to show up in the text of my post?

Thank you for posting these! After seeing all the pics lined up like this, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I actually am now thinking that she may have had some type of surgery on both her nose and her chin. I would also appreciate Carl's input on this.

The nose is definitely a lot different. Not just from a break. The tip goes way down as Kim and up as Lori.

The nose, I can see her having had work done, but to me her chin looks like she just gained some weight later on in life.

Thank you for posting these! After seeing all the pics lined up like this, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I actually am now thinking that she may have had some type of surgery on both her nose and her chin. I would also appreciate Carl's input on this.

Am I in a rabbit hole with my Jeanne Clery / Josoph Henry theory?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back