CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

I agree. If it was a stroke, passing out, cardiac arrest her foot would not be able to press on the pedal.
I am thinking, just from rumors, that she may have been drunk and
Arguing with a boyfriend on the phone-I think she was very angry
Causing her to put the gas pedal to the floor--of course i could be
Wrong about some of this,but something caused her to floorY
The gas pedal. Hopefully facts will come out soon. I dont think
There was any type of mechanical malfunction, though I am sure
That will be checked out right away

“Using your cell phone while driving is not only dangerous, but also illegal. In California, you cannot use a cell phone or similar electronic communication device while holding it in your hand. You can only use it in a hands-free manner, such as speaker phone or voice commands, but never while holding it. Any driver under the age of 18 is prohibited from using a cell phone for any reason.

Because engaging in distracting behaviors with a phone like dialing, talking, or texting is so dangerous (it increases the risk of getting into a crash by three times), The California Office of Traffic Safety started the “Put Your Phone Down. Just Drive” public awareness and education campaign.”

Perhaps talking or FaceTiming with the boyfriend while driving and in a fury, upset, etc.
JMO

Last edited:
Charges are expected as soon as Monday for the traveling nurse from Texas..

The coroner’s office identified another victim as 66-year-old Craig Pitchford, a possible pedestrian.

She was working at a Kaiser Permanente med center. They have made a statement.

The woman who was arrested in connection to the fiery car crash that killed five people in Windsor Hills has been released from the hospital and is in police custody, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, a registered nurse, was being held Sunday afternoon at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, authorities said. Bail was set at $9 million.

Well, I guess it's true. She wasn't injured badly at all, hard to believe six people died and she was discharged from the hospital within three days :oops:

The woman who was arrested in connection to the fiery car crash that killed five people in Windsor Hills has been released from the hospital and is in police custody, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, a registered nurse, was being held Sunday afternoon at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, authorities said. Bail was set at $9 million.

Well, I guess it's true. She wasn't injured badly at all, hard to believe six people died and she was discharged from the hospital within three days :oops:
$9 million bail?

whoa

I was trying to find this on Google maps.

I believe the video footage is from La Brea gas station, 4701 W Slauson Avenue, Los Angeles.

When I pull up the map there, it looks like the road to either side of the intersection will be closed until August 19.

It looks like she would have been driving southbound on S La Brea Ave. From what I can see (but I am not sure because I am on my phone), it looks like a downhill grade approaching the light she blew through.

MOO.

Wow! Niner posted earlier that it was $2 million. That's quite an increase! Obviously they want to make sure she stays right where she is in Lynwood!

Monday, August 8th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am PT) - CA - 6 killed (Victims: Asherey Ryan (23), her son Alonzo Luchiano Quintero (11 mos.), her unborn baby boy Armani Lester & her boyfriend Reynold Lester, Craig Pitchford (66), possible pedestrian. Will get rest of names when released) & 8 injured (the other victims had minor injuries & included a 33-year-old woman & another adult plus six children ranging in age from 1 to 15 years old) as woman speeds (~100mph in a 35mph zone) thru intersection at the La Brea-Slauson in West Los Angeles in a fiery 7-car crash, August 4, 2022, Windsor Hills, Los Angeles) - Nicole Lorraine Linton (37) arrested (8/4/22) & charged (8/5/22) with vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. $2M bond. Bond "might" be changed to $9M.
Suspected of driving at speeds of at least 100mph, the drunk driver plowed through the busy intersection at around 1:40pm, claiming the lives of six people, including a pregnant woman identified by the coroner’s office as Asherey Ryan, 23 & her infant son Alonzo. Video of the crash was captured at nearby gas stations, where Linton’s Benz is seen flying past & immediately causing an explosion as it hit the first two cars at a stand still, sending multiple people & a baby through their windshields & even tearing one car completely in half. A streak of flames was left in place of where the cars stood. Linton is currently at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center with “moderate” injuries. As of 8/6/22 has been booked in Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood.
8/7/22 Update: Arraignment hearing on Monday, 8/8/22.

Monday, August 8th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am PT) - CA - 6 killed (Victims: Asherey Ryan (23), her son Alonzo Luchiano Quintero (11 mos.), her unborn baby boy Armani Lester & her boyfriend Reynold Lester, Craig Pitchford (66), possible pedestrian. Will get rest of names when released) & 8 injured (the other victims had minor injuries & included a 33-year-old woman & another adult plus six children ranging in age from 1 to 15 years old) as woman speeds (~100mph in a 35mph zone) thru intersection at the La Brea-Slauson in West Los Angeles in a fiery 7-car crash, August 4, 2022, Windsor Hills, Los Angeles) - Nicole Lorraine Linton (37) arrested (8/4/22) & charged (8/5/22) with vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. $2M bond. Bond "might" be changed to $9M.
Suspected of driving at speeds of at least 100mph, the drunk driver plowed through the busy intersection at around 1:40pm, claiming the lives of six people, including a pregnant woman identified by the coroner’s office as Asherey Ryan, 23 & her infant son Alonzo. Video of the crash was captured at nearby gas stations, where Linton’s Benz is seen flying past & immediately causing an explosion as it hit the first two cars at a stand still, sending multiple people & a baby through their windshields & even tearing one car completely in half. A streak of flames was left in place of where the cars stood. Linton is currently at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center with “moderate” injuries. As of 8/6/22 has been booked in Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood.
8/7/22 Update: Arraignment hearing on Monday, 8/8/22.
Thanks @Niner I wish the arraignment would be televised somewhere but I doubt it. I'll check the local news tomorrow and see if I can find it there.

Interesting comment from a bystander about Linton's vehicle just prior to the crash:

"Before the crash, Sanchez heard the scraping sound of the car coming down the hill.

“You hear the tires grinding,” Sanchez said. “The sound stuck with me.”

What would that mean? Could it have been a mechanical failure or some kind of a sabotage?

I don't know what model Mercedes that she had, but they've had issues with some models. Brakes not functioning properly has been a problem in some models. From some photographs of the car, and stopping the video, it appears she had a coupe A class, but I the images aren't the best. I did notice, that the lady at the gas pump had put away her pump, and walked around to the back of her car, and kind of hesitated, almost as if she heard something, and then the car goes flying past. This is the best picture that i could get so far.

1659961318478.png

Common causes of grinding and scraping;
9 Causes of Grinding (or Scraping or Rubbing) Noise & Vibration When Braking - Spire Car

Are they able to drive straight and staying hanger the accelerator either in their lane?
In most videos, they sort of drift off the right side of the road and they usually seem to manage to get their foot off the accelerator. I don't personally think that's what happened here (I think it was a suicide attempt) but we should reserve the benefit of the doubt until there's more evidence.

I don't know what model Mercedes that she had, but they've had issues with some models. Brakes not functioning properly has been a problem in some models. From some photographs of the car, and stopping the video, it appears she had a coupe A class, but I the images aren't the best. I did notice, that the lady at the gas pump had put away her pump, and walked around to the back of her car, and kind of hesitated, almost as if she heard something, and then the car goes flying past. This is the best picture that i could get so far.

View attachment 358397

Common causes of grinding and scraping;
9 Causes of Grinding (or Scraping or Rubbing) Noise & Vibration When Braking - Spire Car
Yes, that woman is looking right at Linton's car speeding past

I was trying to find this on Google maps.

I believe the video footage is from La Brea gas station, 4701 W Slauson Avenue, Los Angeles.

When I pull up the map there, it looks like the road to either side of the intersection will be closed until August 19.

It looks like she would have been driving southbound on S La Brea Ave. From what I can see (but I am not sure because I am on my phone), it looks like a downhill grade approaching the light she blew through.

MOO.

Sorry to quote my own post. But, I looked a little more at Google maps on my computer.

It looks from the previous intersection (S La Brea & Stocker) to where the horrible collision/impacts occurred (S La Brea & W Slauson), it is an uninterrupted downhill stretch for about 0.5 to 0.6 miles. There are a couple of businesses at the previous intersection that might have cameras. Or the stoplights at the previous intersection might have traffic cameras (?). I wonder if any cameras (including dashcams) got footage of her there as to where she came from (same road, a different one?) & if she was blowing through that previous intersection at 60-100mph? The half mile stretch before the impact site is relatively empty other than some houses on a hill along the eastern side. Even if any of those dwellings had cameras, I'm not sure the road would show since the dwellings are higher than the road.

A speed limit sign shows 45mph just past the S La Brea/Stoker intersection. Just past where the impact occurred, a speed limit sign shows 35mph.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back