CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

“Using your cell phone while driving is not only dangerous, but also illegal. In California, you cannot use a cell phone or similar electronic communication device while holding it in your hand. You can only use it in a hands-free manner, such as speaker phone or voice commands, but never while holding it. Any driver under the age of 18 is prohibited from using a cell phone for any reason.

Because engaging in distracting behaviors with a phone like dialing, talking, or texting is so dangerous (it increases the risk of getting into a crash by three times), The California Office of Traffic Safety started the “Put Your Phone Down. Just Drive” public awareness and education campaign.”

Perhaps talking or FaceTiming with the boyfriend while driving and in a fury, upset, etc.
JMO
I think talking on a phone with hands is illegal in just about every state. It is here. But when I sit at a red light at a busy intersection and watch the cars going by, it seems that 2 out of 3 drivers has a phone to their ear.

I think talking on a phone with hands is illegal in just about every state. It is here. But when I sit at a red light at a busy intersection and watch the cars going by, it seems that 2 out of 3 drivers has a phone to their ear.

I, too, am absolutely appalled at the number of people openly holding their phones and clearly paying attention to them as they drive and at intersections.

If was the highway patrol I would have made a daily quota of phone use tickets in about an hour.

In my non-statistical random observations, it's women, all under Medicare age, especially younger to 40-ish.

A 37-year-old nurse suspected of killing six people and injuring eight others when her speeding Mercedes-Benz plowed into several vehicles in a Windsor Hills intersection last week is scheduled to be in court Monday.

Formal charges could also be filed Monday against the driver, identified as Nicole Linton, who was working in Los Angeles as a traveling nurse out of Texas, authorities said.

Linton was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.

Jail records show she is being held on $9 million bail.

Even if NL was "distracted driving" because of cellphone usage, how could she not know? Her speed was just so high that I find it hard to believe that she might have been unaware of how fast she was going when approaching an area with cars, businesses, etc.

I could understand if there were a mechanical emergency/problem with the car or she had some medical emergency like blacking out at the wheel. But ignorance of extreme speed due to distracted driving? That doesn't seem realistic to me in this case because the speed was so extreme. She either knew what she was doing or there was an extreme event (mechanical or medical) of some sort.

MOO.

Even if NL was "distracted driving" because of cellphone usage, how could she not know? Her speed was just so high that I find it hard to believe that she might have been unaware of how fast she was going when approaching an area with cars, businesses, etc.

I could understand if there were a mechanical emergency/problem with the car or she had some medical emergency like blacking out at the wheel. But ignorance of extreme speed due to distracted driving? That doesn't seem realistic to me in this case because the speed was so extreme. She either knew what she was doing or there was an extreme event (mechanical or medical) of some sort.

MOO.

If it was an extreme event, surely she would be sitting on the horn to try to warn people. Neither does it seem accidental, as though she didn't notice that she was driving through a village. It just looks so deliberate. Is 100 mph the speed limit anywhere in the state? Surely any driver going at that tempo would sense that they were going way too fast.

If this was due to a medical event, it would not have been reported that she had minor injuries, would not have been immediately arrested and have such a high bail and that she would not be in court this morning.

This horrific crash was not due to a medical emergency. That was determined in the hospital.

I too do not understand that she was oblivious to the speed at which she was driving. Did she not even look up to see what was ahead of her, while on her phone (if she was on her phone)?

Was she in so much rage or distress that it was a spontaneous suicide attempt?

If it was an extreme event, surely she would be sitting on the horn to try to warn people. Neither does it seem accidental, as though she didn't notice that she was driving through a village. It just looks so deliberate. Is 100 mph the speed limit anywhere in the state? Surely any driver going at that tempo would sense that they were going way too fast.
It seems to me that the car was driven with purpose, one might even wonder (sorry) if LE are looking into any previous suspicious events wrt her nursing career. jmo, speculation.

I don't know what model Mercedes that she had, but they've had issues with some models. Brakes not functioning properly has been a problem in some models. From some photographs of the car, and stopping the video, it appears she had a coupe A class, but I the images aren't the best. I did notice, that the lady at the gas pump had put away her pump, and walked around to the back of her car, and kind of hesitated, almost as if she heard something, and then the car goes flying past. This is the best picture that i could get so far.

View attachment 358397

Common causes of grinding and scraping;
9 Causes of Grinding (or Scraping or Rubbing) Noise & Vibration When Braking - Spire Car

Also, in this photo, it looks like the passenger side window is open.

No way that she could be talking on the phone with the amount of wind noise you would have when going that fast. Imo.

I wonder if she was wearing her seat belt? Or was she unbuckled & had the window open, hoping to be thrown from the car?

MOO.

Had to check the $9m bail since when I looked 2 days ago it was only $2m - yep - changed to $9m!!

from jail site:

BAIL
Total Bail Amount: 9,000,000.00 Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 Grand Total: 9,000,000.00

COURT
Next Court Code: M30 Next Court Date: 08/08/2022 Next Court Time: 0830

link: LASD Inmate Information Center - Booking Details
Court time 8:30 am?
It's past 11 now. Did it happen?
I can't find anything on the local news.

No news release about charges or crash details ??

I notice in this photo of her after the crash (from DM), it looks to me like she is wearing blue scrub pants and maybe a black scrub-type top. She is shoeless, with socks on. She seems to have no visible injuries, certainly not major ones. I can't tell what's going on with her hands but she seems to have been able to get out of the car with her PURSE?

There is a while logo on the left breast pocket of the shirt and on the right sleeve. They both seem long enough to say "Kaiser Permanente", which is where she worked.

I wonder if she had just finished a shift?

1659986897905.png

Last edited:
No news release about charges or crash details ??

I notice in this photo of her after the crash (from DM), it looks to me like she is wearing blue scrub pants and maybe a black scrub-type top. She is shoeless, with socks on. She seems to have no visible injuries, certainly not major ones. I can't tell what's going on with her hands but she seems to have been able to get out of the car with her PURSE?

There is a while logo on the left breast pocket of the shirt and on the right sleeve. They both seem long enough to say "Kaiser Permanente", which is where she worked.

I wonder if she had just finished a shift?

View attachment 358458

Good observations!

This case describes that Justine Winter was convicted of murder after killing occupants of another vehicle in an attempt to commit suicide. She has been paroled. I doubt Nicole Linton was attempting suicide, but if she was, she could be facing a murder charge.

Wow!

“It’s unclear whether Linton was under the influence at the time of the crash. Medics had given her so many pain meds that a drug evaluation at the scene would not have been feasible”

Wow!

“It’s unclear whether Linton was under the influence at the time of the crash. Medics had given her so many pain meds that a drug evaluation at the scene would not have been feasible”

When this first broke news, I know that I read that same bit and I was thinking, "Whelp, does this mean she won't be charged now?" I would assume that at this point they know if she was drinking and/or under the influence. There is a good reason that she is being held for 9 Million and also charged with the murder of 6 people.
Personally- I don't think bail should even be allowed.

JMO

Nurse charged with six counts of murder- the article states she was not under the influence of alcohol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back