CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

Last edited by a moderator:
Insanely senseless and tragic. I am disturbed by the fact that her hand is sticking out of the window in more than one screen shot of the video. Does she have her phone in her hand? To me it feels like a wreckless, passionate (and obviously) extremely selfish suicide. To me it’s not such a leap to wonder if she had someone on FaceTime she was trying to make witness it.
Moo

Insanely senseless and tragic. I am disturbed by the fact that her hand is sticking out of the window in more than one screen shot of the video. Does she have her phone in her hand? To me it feels like a wreckless, passionate (and obviously) extremely selfish suicide. To me it’s not such a leap to wonder if she had someone on FaceTime she was trying to make witness it.
Moo
Where are you seeing the ss?

Where did you see that two unidentified women were killed?
It sounds like Linton is being charged with murder in the case of the unborn baby, but not manslaughter. So he's included in the 6 murder charges. Other known victims are the pregnant woman Asherey, her boyfriend, her infant son, and the male pedestrian. So that's 5 counts of murder there, indicating that there's one other currently unidentified victim.
After hitting Asherey and Reynold's car, Linton's Mercedes then collided with a Nissan Altima and killed two women inside, who have not been publicly identified.

She also careened into an SUV carrying a family of seven. They all incurred minor injuries. Several other vehicles were also struck.

This woman was involved in THIRTEEN previous crashes, and has a history of “documented profound mental health issues,” on top of no judgement, control or self awareness in racing 90 miles/hr through a busy intersection ?

What on earth is she doing as an ICU nurse, entrusted with the care of seriously ill people ??? How is it possible she got this job?
My daughter is presently applying for CA registration and it's taking 3 months to go through her records, experience, background, education,.. everything.

I'm speechless.
I guess her "profound mental illness" didn't keep her from working as a RN. Or operating a vehicle. How profound could it have been?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, a couple MSM comments identified her as a "local" seen on the streets in the area.

I saw a MAIT Officer in one of the photo's at the scene - MAIT | Caltrans

If what Gascon said is true, how in the hell is she still licensed? This is beyond scary and I look forward to learning all the details of how this was allowed to happen. I hope some of those who know her begin to speak out.

NAME ON LICENSETYPELICENSE STATELICENSEACTIVELICENSE STATUSLICENSE ORIGINAL ISSUE DATELICENSE EXPIRATION DATECOMPACT STATUS
LINTON, NICOLE LORRAINERNTEXAS889603YESUNENCUMBERED11/17/201506/30/2023MULTISTATE
LINTON, NICOLE LRNCALIFORNIA-RN95277793YESUNENCUMBERED03/11/202207/31/2023N/A
LINTON, NICOLERNHAWAII107205YESUNENCUMBERED06/13/202206/30/2023N/A

If none of the prior car accidents were felonies, they would not need to be reported to renew her licenses with the Boards of Nursing in these states.

What, pray tell, is a "suicide vest"?
Clothing that prevents her from hanging herself?

Arraignment is almost three months from now. They'd better keep an eye on her in jail.

Safety smocks standard wear for many prisoners on suicide watch​

The smock, developed more than 20 years ago, eliminates potential hazards of standard shirts, pants and even underwear -- clothing that can be ripped and fashioned into a rope or noose -- that a distraught person could use to inflict self-harm. Buckles and zippers can be swallowed or used to cut the body.

"The smocks have proven to be safe," said Julie Walburn, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Corrections. "They have no strings, or belts, or loops or buckles so they [prisoners] can't hurt themselves."

It's unthinkable that she'll be released. That hearing might last two minutes.

You never know. CO gave Rogel Aguilera Mederos a $400K bond after he killed 4 people with his truck, even though there was an overwhelming amount of negligence. And, from what I've seen, it seems like CA is way more lenient on crime than CO.

Here's what I have in my notes from what I gathered from all the articles posted.

8/8/22 Update: Linton was charged Monday with 6 counts of murder & 5 counts of gross vehicular manslaughter. Prosecutors say the Los Angeles woman was behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz that was speeding as fast as 90mph when she ran a red light shortly after 1:30pm & plowed into traffic at the busy intersection of La Brea & Slauson avenues. LA County Dist. Atty. George Gascón said Linton faces up to life in prison if convicted of all charges. In Linton's case, investigators found she has a history of dangerous crashes & knew the threat posed by her driving behavior, prosecutors said. California Highway Patrol investigators identified 13 prior crashes involving Linton. Those incidents are the foundation for the district attorney's case that she knew the dangers of reckless driving. However, Gascón said there is no evidence of any alcohol use by Linton at this point. The murder charges against Linton are for the deaths of 23-year-old Asherey Ryan; her nearly 1-year-old child, Alonzo Quintero; her boyfriend, Reynold Lester; & their unborn child. Ryan was 8½ months pregnant when she was killed. Craig Pitchford, 66, died at the scene, while seven people inside a Chevrolet Traverse were injured. An eighth person injured has been identified only as a 19-year-old. Linton also was charged with murder for the deaths of 2 women killed in the crash who have yet to be identified. The five counts of vehicular manslaughter against her are for the deaths of the 4 adults and the baby, who was about two weeks shy of 1 year old. Ryan's unborn child cannot be included in those charges. LA County Superior Court Judge Natalie Stone denied her bail, which previously had been set at $9 million, at the request of the DA's office, which said she is a flight risk. Linton's permanent address is in Texas & she's currently renting a room in Los Angeles as a traveling nurse. She was set to travel to Hawaii for work, prosecutors said. Attorney Halim Dhanidina asked the court to continue Linton's arraignment to October because he is reviewing her out-of-state history of "documented profound mental health issues." "She should have been aware of her limitations" before she got behind the wheel, the judge said in denying Linton's bail. A bond hearing was scheduled on the matter was set for 8/15/22.

That is 6 people for the murder counts. The unborn child does not count in California.
What, pray tell, is a "suicide vest"?
Clothing that prevents her from hanging herself?

Arraignment is almost three months from now. They'd better keep an eye on her in jail.

I must have missed the date - is there one for her arraignment hearing? TIA!

She has a hearing for reconsideration for her bond this coming Monday, so she may yet get out.

And I do have this bond hearing for 8/15.

@Herat - can you access L.A. County court site & get a case # for this? I have tagged gitana but she doesn't seem to be around as she usually gets me a #. TIA if you can! :)

Oh - has anyone seen how old Lester the boyfriend was?

Why is there one less charge of gross vehicular manslaughter than murder (5 vs. 6)?

Fyi, I am not counting the unborn baby in either count.
1. Asherey Ryan
2. Alonzo Quintero
3. Reynold Lester
4. Craig Pitchford
5. Unidentified woman #1 (Pedestrian or in a vehicle?)
6. Unidentified woman #2 (Pedestrian or in a vehicle?)

Last edited:
I wondered about the mention of Linton having her arm out the car window. I went back & looked at the footage frame-by-frame. It does look like she has her arm out the driver's window, it's visible above the roof of the car.

Was she filming/broadcasting it on her phone? Was she just doing a "fist pump" in excitement? Flipping off people? Or what???

I continue to be stunned & heartbroken by this.

MOO.

I guess her "profound mental illness" didn't keep her from working as a RN. Or operating a vehicle. How profound could it have been?

I mean working as an ICU nurse is extremely stressful. With the pandemic and such compounding it. IT could just be stress that makes it worse, but most of the time it is under control. Not dismissing it isn't a factor, but it could be something

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back