CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

So she has been diagnosed with some type of “profound” mental illness?

What are the classifications to determine mild, moderate, severe to profound?

Profound to me indicates a high level of care is required for an individual.

JMO

Interesting; Untreated profound mental illness is particularly significant in cases of homicide—the zenith of the criminal spectrum, and such illness is even more significant for mass murders of strangers. Still, these cases are a smaller proportion to senseless acts of violence committed by criminals who act out of sheer criminal intent.

Psychiatric Illness And Criminality - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

Interesting; Untreated profound mental illness is particularly significant in cases of homicide—the zenith of the criminal spectrum, and such illness is even more significant for mass murders of strangers. Still, these cases are a smaller proportion to senseless acts of violence committed by criminals who act out of sheer criminal intent.

Psychiatric Illness And Criminality - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

I think we have to be careful in trying to define "profound." There is no diagnostic criteria for "profound" and the article cited above isn't referring to cases like this, in my professional opinion. Profound depression is not going to cause mass murder. Neither will profound anxiety or OCD or even profound bipolar disorder or psychosis in most cases. Profound antisocial personality disorder will (and some will argue that antisocial personality disorder is just plain criminality). In some cases, profound paranoid schizophrenia may also lead to this. But these individuals are almost always not able to hold down a job or work such a high-intensity job, so I'd be floored if this was the case (schizophrenia) with this woman. This is a nuanced topic and I think the attorney knew exactly what he was doing using the word "profound."

I think we have to be careful in trying to define "profound." There is no diagnostic criteria for "profound" and the article cited above isn't referring to cases like this, in my professional opinion. Profound depression is not going to cause mass murder. Neither will profound anxiety or OCD or even profound bipolar disorder or psychosis in most cases. Profound antisocial personality disorder will (and some will argue that antisocial personality disorder is just plain criminality). In some cases, profound paranoid schizophrenia may also lead to this. But these individuals are almost always not able to hold down a job or work such a high-intensity job, so I'd be floored if this was the case (schizophrenia) with this woman. This is a nuanced topic and I think the attorney knew exactly what he was doing using the word "profound."

OP asked. Profound means "very intense", so of course her atty. would want documented issues on record, first thing.

"In court, Linton's lawyer, Halim Dhanidina, said his client has an out-of-state history of “profound mental health issues” that might be linked to the crash but didn’t specify, the Los Angeles Times reported.."

Nurse charged in LA wreck has history of ‘mental health issues,’ previous crashes

Suicide prevention smock

I saw only from the waist up. I've not seen one in use yet, in my part of the country.

In TX she had a multistate/compact license, it appears. CA and HI are not compact states so any accidents may, or may not have, shown up everywhere? I was just curious about the multistate, because IANA Traveling Nurse, or a Nurse.

The Complete Guide to Compact States 2021
Multistate Nursing licenses have standardized requirements allowing Nurses to temporarily practice in other states for under 90 days or 30 days if the person is relocating. This came to be due to Nursing Shortages in Rural areas/states with lower populations/brain drain. There can be delays of months to get licensed in some states. Some states opt out of Compact Status due to state specific specialized annual training or initial CEU requirements relevant to the specific state. All licenses go through a national accreditation process and reporting database.

Aug 10 2022
''Editor's note: Linton also claims she got her nursing degree and doctor of nursing practice degree at UT Health in Houston and worked at local hospitals as an ICU nurse before becoming a traveling nurse in 2020. We are working to verify those claims.''

Aug 10 2022
''Editor's note: Linton also claims she got her nursing degree and doctor of nursing practice degree at UT Health in Houston and worked at local hospitals as an ICU nurse before becoming a traveling nurse in 2020. We are working to verify those claims.''
She had a DNP and was working as an ICU nurse? Is that common? I am not a nurse but have family members that are and it was my impression that most got their DNP to get away from “bedside” roles and into more independent-style clinics where they manage their own patients…?

But perhaps she just liked ICU and traveling better. Just wondered if that is a common thing, to complete your DNP and work bedside. Or maybe there is a specialized role in the ICU for DNP educated nurses?

JMO

She had a DNP and was working as an ICU nurse? Is that common? I am not a nurse but have family members that are and it was my impression that most got their DNP to get away from “bedside” roles and into more independent-style clinics where they manage their own patients…?

But perhaps she just liked ICU and traveling better. Just wondered if that is a common thing, to complete your DNP and work bedside. Or maybe there is a specialized role in the ICU for DNP educated nurses?

JMO
Total theory: I've nurse friends. I didn't know about the multistate/compact license (or opting out). I knew one who traveled out of state, made good money, but had some serious issues that got them fired at several hospitals, in our state. The nursing shortage is so bad here, that they will take almost any warm body.

She was practicing in HI and CA, it appears, which are states that do not have the "Multistate" option that TX had. She got driver's license in both of those states. Just thinking.

Total theory: I've nurse friends. I didn't know about the multistate/compact license (or opting out). I knew one who traveled out of state, made good money, but had some serious issues that got them fired at several hospitals, in our state. The nursing shortage is so bad here, that they will take almost any warm body.

She was practicing in HI and CA, it appears, which are states that do not have the "Multistate" option that TX had. She got driver's license in both of those states. Just thinking.
You can not have more than one valid drivers license in a multiple states, due to real ID, ect. I wonder if she surrendered each license where she worked, which seems strange if she were not a permanent resident. It's hard to trick the system and keep the license valid in multiple states but she certainly could have retained a hard copy claiming she lost it and would have to use other legal forms of identity to get a new state license. Her driver history would follow her just like a criminal history would so switching up states really would not matter if she were trying to hide a history.

You can not have more than one valid drivers license in a multiple states, due to real ID, ect. I wonder if she surrendered each license where she worked, which seems strange if she were not a permanent resident. It's hard to trick the system and keep the license valid in multiple states but she certainly could have retained a hard copy claiming she lost it and would have to use other legal forms of identity to get a new state license. Her driver history would follow her just like a criminal history would so switching up states really would not matter if she were trying to hide a history.
With some licenses renewals anywhere from 4 to 12 years - if she retained a hard copy, she could have multiple unexpired licenses depending on the state.

You can go online and pay for a duplicate license and use that to give to the other state, saying you’ve moved and show a rental agreement and SS card. They don’t know it’s a temporary rental.
JME

When did those states get set up? We just got real ID, last year, in my state. I don't even have one yet.

Everything you need to know about getting a Real ID - The Points Guy

Hmmm. so she didn't need one to fly, just yet.

Last April, the Department of Homeland Security announced a second extension to the deadline for implementing Real ID requirements: On May 3, 2023, U.S. travelers must be Real ID-compliant to board domestic flights and access certain federal facilities with only a license.

After May 3, 2023, Texas DL/ID cards would not be accepted for federal identification purposes, and Texas residents would not be able to enter federal facilities or board a domestic flight unless they had another form of identification acceptable for federal purposes, such as a U.S. Passport.

If you never fly and aren’t going to visit secure government facilities, Real IDs aren’t necessary and you don’t have to upgrade your ID. You can still vote, drive and access health care facilities such as hospitals with noncompliant IDs. However, if you’re reading this site, you likely fly (or plan to), and thus will need a compliant Real ID unless you plan to always travel with a passport or another accepted form of documentation
About REAL ID | Homeland Security

Last edited:
With some licenses renewals anywhere from 4 to 12 years - if she retained a hard copy, she could have multiple unexpired licenses depending on the state.

You can go online and pay for a duplicate license and use that to give to the other state, saying you’ve moved and show a rental agreement and SS card. They don’t know it’s a temporary rental.
JME
Yes, but if you give a license that you held on to and you are stopped by an officer it will show up as invalid if they run it through the system of course if no one runs it through the DMV or DDS they would not know.

JME
Texas is eight years.

When did those states get set up? We just got real ID, last year, in my state. I don't even have one yet.
The state I am in GA started in 2012 but not everyone was required to have it as soon as it was implemented, but if for any reason you needed another DL or ID card due to loss, renewal ect. it was replaced with a Real ID and if you have had multiple marriages and divorces you have to have all court documents to prove all your name changes, unless you have a US passport. They take your identity seriously these days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back