CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

Sorry this article is behind a paywall- a few more details in this article- they are trying to figure out if she was supposed to be on some kind of medication and if she was on that medication at the time of the incident and if she was actually on her shift when she had the accident. The hospital is 4 miles from the scene.
Mercedes driver's movements, mindset, medications at center of deadly crash probe

Linton, whose permanent address is in Texas, had been working as a traveling nurse at a Kaiser hospital in West Los Angeles and lived near the healthcare facility off La Cienega Boulevard. Authorities believe she drove into Windsor Hills from the hospital but are not sure why she was driving so recklessly, sources told The Times.

With some licenses renewals anywhere from 4 to 12 years - if she retained a hard copy, she could have multiple unexpired licenses depending on the state.

You can go online and pay for a duplicate license and use that to give to the other state, saying you’ve moved and show a rental agreement and SS card. They don’t know it’s a temporary rental.
JME
Here, if you are applying for a license and have just moved from another state, DMV will ask for your existing license. Then they will run a check with that state to see its status. When they issue a new DL for the new state, they will take the existing license and send it back to your original state DMV. If you claim the DL is lost, you have to fill out an affidavit to that effect before the new state issues a DL. They will then notify your original state of that issuance and your original DL will be cancelled. Certainly things fall through the cracks, but you aren't supposed to have a DL from more than one state. States are pretty good about sharing that info now.

Here, if you are applying for a license and have just moved from another state, DMV will ask for your existing license. Then they will run a check with that state to see its status. When they issue a new DL for the new state, they will take the existing license and send it back to your original state DMV. If you claim the DL is lost, you have to fill out an affidavit to that effect before the new state issues a DL. They will then notify your original state of that issuance and your original DL will be cancelled. Certainly things fall through the cracks, but you aren't supposed to have a DL from more than one state. States are pretty good about sharing that info now.

According to Homeland Security (this realID is more of a counterterrorism thing that got started after 9/11)

The Act does not require individuals to present identification where it is not currently required to access a federal facility (such as to enter the public areas of the Smithsonian) nor does it prohibit an agency from accepting other forms of identity documents (such as a U.S. passport or passport card).

The Act’s prohibitions do not affect other uses of driver’s licenses or identification cards unrelated to official purposes as defined in the Act.

For more information, please contact the REAL ID Program Office at REALID@dhs.gov

According to Homeland Security (this realID is more of a counterterrorism thing that got started after 9/11)
Yes, RealID grew out of 9/11 and ensuing security measures. It is actually helpful in other ways as well. Some states go onboard quickly but some still are not fully participating.
But real ID really doesn't have anything to do with having a license in more than one state. You would still need to surrender an old license to get a new one from a new state

Total theory: I've nurse friends. I didn't know about the multistate/compact license (or opting out). I knew one who traveled out of state, made good money, but had some serious issues that got them fired at several hospitals, in our state. The nursing shortage is so bad here, that they will take almost any warm body.

She was practicing in HI and CA, it appears, which are states that do not have the "Multistate" option that TX had. She got driver's license in both of those states. Just thinking.
Interesting. It’s illegal to have a license in more than one state.

another interesting fact is that the DMV or DDS whichever it is called in your state has their own law enforcement investigators who look into questionable identity documents. All ID documents are scanned and sent to the state so they are on file. US Territories may not get issued an ID/DL right away because apparently in territories like Puerto Rico forged Birth Certs are an issue.

Prosecutors say Linton has a history of mental health issues and a problematic driving history, including a lack of a California driver's license and her involvement in a 2020 traffic collision with bodily injury.

Bbm. she had nursing licenses in HI and CA, not drivers licenses. Jmo

you wear it in the safety cell. you go to the safety cell when you are a threat to yourself. you cant wear your clothes because you can hang yourself in them. this is thicker and keeps u warm.

She wasn't in the safety cell in the photo that I saw. They take people charged with murder, into court, wearing bulletproof vests, a lot of times. Maybe her suicide prevention vest is bulletproof? They want them to make it to trial.
Another thing I've wondered and haven't seen yet, did she have her seat belt on? Her airbags likely deployed too.

Could be a satellite/gps roof antennae. Back it up a bit and it's in the same position. If it's not, then I'm going with the O/P, upthread, that it's a possible suicide attempt.

Here is another view, of what I believe is an antenna, at @2:27.

You have a point that it could be something else like an antenna since it remains in the same position. But, we're only seeing it over a one or two second span so it's hard to tell.

I looked at the video link at 2:27 and I'm not seeing an antenna. (Is it when the person recording quickly moves the phone to the right & there's a brief glance at something that could be an antenna on the back of the car? Not sure it is but that's the only antenna-like thing I see.) If you look in that same video at 2:54, there's another angle (somewhat blocked) and I don't see an antenna there either (but it could be hidden by other things). The stills I originally posted seem to show it on the driver side, near the driver's door from what I can tell.

So, I have no idea. I will be curious to learn more when LE or prosecutors release more info. I wonder if there are other photos or videos that give clearer views of the car?

MOO.

ETA: Zooming in on this photo, I don't see anything like an antenna. (But it's hard to see with the greenery behind the car.)

1660245908690.png

Photo from this article:

Websleuthers, what do you think?

Last edited:

From the link:
'Everyone who worked with her knows her as a pretty sweet, nice girl. I’m so sorry for her and especially sorry for everyone involved: this is heartbreaking. I hope the outcome is just and fair as possible for all.’

DailyMail.com has also discovered that Linton told friends she planned to marry British Olympic silver-medalist Mason, a close friend of world record holding sprinter Usain Bolt.

Mason, 34, was killed in a motorcycle crash while visiting Jamaica, the island of his birth, in April,2017.

‘She would be hot and cold, high and low. And she spoke about killing herself more than once when she had been in some sort of argument with a guy.

‘I think guys can be very triggering for some people and Nicole was one of those people.’

According to a friend, ‘She dated a lot of athletes, she had access to that sort of world through the [strip] clubs.

‘It was a wild time, everyone was wild, not just Nicole. But it’s like she was unstable, she couldn’t handle it.'

Former Sin City manager Diaz, 57, recalled Linton as, ‘just an extremely nice girl,’ who worked as a waitress for him for about two years and never gave him a day of trouble.

I'm not fond of the DM but they can give some decent info and pics, at times.

Is there any actual documentation that this person actually has a mental illness?

As for a nurse practitioner working in the ICU as an ICU nurse: during the COVID era, ICU nurses have been making more money that nurse practitioners and many primary care physicians.

She wasn't in the safety cell in the photo that I saw. They take people charged with murder, into court, wearing bulletproof vests, a lot of times. Maybe her suicide prevention vest is bulletproof? They want them to make it to trial.
Another thing I've wondered and haven't seen yet, did she have her seat belt on? Her airbags likely deployed too.
That is clearly a suicide outfit. If it was a bullet vest, she would be in regular jail garb with the vest over top.

You have a point that it could be something else like an antenna since it remains in the same position. But, we're only seeing it over a one or two second span so it's hard to tell.

I looked at the video link at 2:27 and I'm not seeing an antenna. (Is it when the person recording quickly moves the phone to the right & there's a brief glance at something that could be an antenna on the back of the car? Not sure it is but that's the only antenna-like thing I see.) If you look in that same video at 2:54, there's another angle (somewhat blocked) and I don't see an antenna there either (but it could be hidden by other things). The stills I originally posted seem to show it on the driver side, near the driver's door from what I can tell.

So, I have no idea. I will be curious to learn more when LE or prosecutors release more info. I wonder if there are other photos or videos that give clearer views of the car?

MOO.

ETA: Zooming in on this photo, I don't see anything like an antenna. (But it's hard to see with the greenery behind the car.)

View attachment 359110

Photo from this article:

My s/o is in the auto industry. He said it looked like an aftermarket antenna. I can't see it in this picture either but yes, there appeared to be one in that flash in the video. At the speeds she was moving, it's very hard to tell. With the suicide prevention vest factoring in, maybe she was trying to die. No drugs, no alcohol, in her system. Maybe she wasn't taking prescribed meds? It could have been a FTW, and herself, too, situation. All speculation on my part.

That is clearly a suicide outfit. If it was a bullet vest, she would be in regular jail garb with the vest over top.

It's a suicide prevention vest, not a suicide vest. Big difference in those two terms. I didn't say it wasn't a sp vest, I wondered if it were bulletproof as well.

It looks like there are gas stations on all four corners where the wreck was. I would be curious to see video from all of them/to see it from different angles. I would also be curious to see any other video, like from the previous intersection (about a 1/2 mile away) that shows NL driving her car.

MOO.

MOO.

View attachment 359110

Photo from this article:

Does anyone know the model? Perhaps stock photos can help (although would not necessarily rule out any after-market modifications).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back