CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

I did a bit of looking around, and posted it upthread, but it just didn't make sense. Like you, I do believe she may have met him, or saw him somewhere, and said to herself, That's the man I'm going to marry, and developed a relationship of sorts in her mind, or through commenting on his social media, and him just responding.

Here is a pretty interesting study. Idk what was going on with her but...

Breaking up is hard to do.

And there's this one that is also interesting. I haven't completely finished reading them both but thought I'd go ahead and add them, in case anyone was interested.

The Relationship between Nurse Work Schedules, Sleep Duration, and Drowsy Driving

I will just say this, a drowsy driver is as bad as a drunk driver. I've demanded to either be let out, or have them let me drive, thankfully they chose that I could drive.
I did a bit of looking around, and posted it upthread, but it just didn't make sense. Like you, I do believe she may have met him, or saw him somewhere, and said to herself, That's the man I'm going to marry, and developed a relationship of sorts in her mind, or through commenting on his social media, and him just responding.

Here is a pretty interesting study. Idk what was going on with her but...

Breaking up is hard to do.

And there's this one that is also interesting. I haven't completely finished reading them both but thought I'd go ahead and add them, in case anyone was interested.

The Relationship between Nurse Work Schedules, Sleep Duration, and Drowsy Driving

I will just say this, a drowsy driver is as bad as a drunk driver. I've demanded to either be let out, or have them let me drive, thankfully they chose that I could drive.
I've also been in a car where the driver was falling asleep, that is not what the video looks like.

EXCLUSIVE: Nurse in LA horror crash that killed six was a former strip club waitress in NYC whose life unraveled when Olympic silver medalist friend of Usain Bolt she planned to marry was killed in Jamaican motorcycle accident
Those who knew her then recalled her as a ‘sweet and helpful’ girl, with former Sin City manager Mike Diaz posting on Facebook after news of the devastating crash broke.

He wrote, ‘Wow. This turns out to be OUR Nicole from the Sin City days.

'Everyone who worked with her knows her as a pretty sweet, nice girl. I’m so sorry for her and especially sorry for everyone involved: this is heartbreaking. I hope the outcome is just and fair as possible for all.’

DailyMail.com has also discovered that Linton told friends she planned to marry British Olympic silver-medalist Mason, a close friend of world record holding sprinter Usain Bolt.

Mason, 34, was killed in a motorcycle crash while visiting Jamaica, the island of his birth, in April,2017.
[snip]
It is unclear whether Linton knew that Mason, who won his medal in the high jump at the 2008 games in Beijing, China, was also in a relationship with Shari-Dee Barker, the mother of his two children.

Barker was three months pregnant with Mason's second at the time of his death.

I've also been in a car where the driver was falling asleep, that is not what the video looks like.

I do agree, with the asleep part. She had only gone a very short distance, between the hospital and her home. With a car that is in alignment, it's possible it could hold straight at a high rate of speed with a drowsy/distracted/ or just zoned out, driver. I don't think she was drowsy, but just looking at possibilities.

(2) Houston nurse's mental illness history revealed in documents related to deadly California crash - YouTube
She has been institutionalized by force multiple times, and has had multiple incidents since 2018 that have gotten increasingly more severe (such as jumping on police cars).

It's frankly scary to me that she was still working with patients while being so mentally unstable
I see this as an opportunity for people who had relatives under her care who died...to see if she had any part in lack of care/negligence or responsibility by the company who employed her.

She would have authorized the release of that information. If you are going to make mental health a part of a defense, you are waiving privacy rights to some of that information.
This case just has me baffled. Murder charges seem wrong to me. Has the car been checked for any mechanical issues, like a problem with the accelerator? The charges brought by a District Attorney, highly criticized for his pro felon stance. Were these the type of charges that would save him from the recall? Is this woman a political pawn? If she is so mentally unbalanced, is it her fault no doctor realized she was a danger herself and others. Did the people who gave the mental diagnosis contact the licensing board, or did they just feel she was cool with the lives of unsuspecting patients in her hands?

To me, something doesn't seem right.

This case just has me baffled. Murder charges seem wrong to me. Has the car been checked for any mechanical issues, like a problem with the accelerator? The charges brought by a District Attorney, highly criticized for his pro felon stance. Were these the type of charges that would save him from the recall? Is this woman a political pawn? If she is so mentally unbalanced, is it her fault no doctor realized she was a danger herself and others. Did the people who gave the mental diagnosis contact the licensing board, or did they just feel she was cool with the lives of unsuspecting patients in her hands?

They unfortunately can't check on a car that was on fire/there's hardly anything left of. If they can check I'm sure they will.

I mean... Nicole blew through a red light going 100mph on a city street, and wiped out an entire family as well as a pair of longtime friends. How are murder charges incorrect here? How is she a political pawn for causing the murders of several people?

Something doesn't seem right because you're right, it's a horrible situation, and it seems she may have been failed by the mental health system in America as an overwhelming amount of citizens are. I myself have been. It's a travesty. I wish she would've gotten more thorough, cohesive, ongoing care after being institutionalized multiple tmes.

Also - regarding your other posts about the mental illness aspect. I ask this genuinely and respectfully - have you witnessed a case where they plead insanity before? They have to make the defendant's mental illness public.

The only way I can explain this behavior, to myself, is as if one moment NL felt so suicidal that she yearned to kill herself in the traffic, no matter what, but at the last moment, subconscious self-preservation kicked in, and she turned the steering wheel to the side, bypassing the inferno.

Actions during crashes might be inexplicable. (My mom knew people whose only daughter was once sitting next to a BF who was driving a car in a snowy night. The unavoidable head-on collision was the other driver’s fault. But at the last moment, that BF turned the wheel sideways, and the other car hit, with all its mass, a passenger seat, where this young woman was sitting. I remember that the court found her BF not guilty (crowds of bearded psychologists citing volumes of books, no doubt)).

However, i don’t believe there will ever be a good explanation for the behavior of the person who was able to work in the hospital that day, then, drove her car out, not confusing the sides of the street, then decided to kill herself but at the last moment chickened out, leaving six people, kids, fetuses, mothers and all, to their horrible destiny (not to mention eight more maimed people). Even if it was a momentary eclipse of consciousness, which I personally believe it was, but it is JMO, fourteen victims speak for themselves. And the way it looks on the video - it is as if she was targeting them.

Court site finally updated with the bail hearing.

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
August 31, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 BAIL REVIEW

October 26, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

Court site finally updated with the bail hearing.

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
August 31, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 BAIL REVIEW

October 26, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court
Thanks for the info!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah